You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Refs doing their job? What? How nice would that be?

Wink

Dare to dream... heh heh.

There is video of the pregame skate. It is all over the net right now. It is a 6 second video and just shows the two of them talking alone. The ref should be fired.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
I'm still waiting for Auger's comments.

It's probably taking him longer than he thought to prepare a big fat lie. Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him? - Page 3 159628

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
cloverleaf wrote:There is video of the pregame skate. It is all over the net right now. It is a 6 second video and just shows the two of them talking alone. The ref should be fired.

Well, that would be enough for me. The truth will come out and that doesn't look good on the ref at all. Why are they talking to begin with? Does that happen regularly?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:There is video of the pregame skate. It is all over the net right now. It is a 6 second video and just shows the two of them talking alone. The ref should be fired.

Well, that would be enough for me. The truth will come out and that doesn't look good on the ref at all. Why are they talking to begin with? Does that happen regularly?

No. Only to Captains and Alternates.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

There you have it then. Is that proof enough for everyone?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensGirl11 wrote:
marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

It's very suggestive... but not concrete proof. They'd have to have audio of the conversation.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

It's very suggestive... but not concrete proof. They'd have to have audio of the conversation.

I dont' know if they'll ever get that. It's going to be tough to prove it but I think this is a step in the right direction for sure. They'll have to ask, why were you guys talking? etc...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Or...what were you talking about?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oddly enough, Auger was the official who assessed Shane Doan a 10-minute misconduct that led to a major brouhaha over whether player uttered a cultural slur.

Interesting.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Oddly enough, Auger was the official who assessed Shane Doan a 10-minute misconduct that led to a major brouhaha over whether player uttered a cultural slur.

Interesting.

Really! That's very interesting...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ray Ferraro on the incident:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/ray_ferraro/?id=305824

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:
Yeah, there's no way to tell what was said there. But it is odd...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Yeah, there's no way to tell what was said there. But it is odd...

Too bad the video isn't longer, I'd like to see his reaction...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Am I wrong to think that Auger is fondling him a little?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Am I wrong to think that Auger is fondling him a little?
Quite a bit of contact there...

Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I'm a bit surprised people are so quick to dismiss Burrows' allegations. I agree with posters in this thread that Burrows' allegations are too detailed and explicit to make me think he made it up (especially on an exercise bike).

Bob McKenzie wrote a great column on this, namely this sort of thing has been going on for a long time but generally speaking it's not so blatant nor do the referees decisions decide the game's outcome.

My take:

- Burrows prolly embelished the hit that made Auger look bad. Lots of players do this and Auger held a grudge since, not unheard of
- Auger made the mistake of openly telling Burrows that he will get him back that game
- Auger called Burrows on those penalties as well Henrik Sedin in retribution for their past actions as well as Henrik's complaints these calls most likely cost the 'Nucks 2 points.
- Burrows snapped and openly called the ref out after they lost and he knew 100% the referee had a score to settle.

I think Auger went too far in getting back at Burrows, should've called him on 1 BS call and left it at that, this is what I think usually happens and most of the time no one can prove anything. Hockey fans pretty expect much the occasional BS penalty call and I'll bet some of these are referees settling an old score.

Let's not forget our own Sens had numerous missed PP opportunities due to the refs getting the team back for being whiners. Clouston had to tell the team to show up. Do people really think the refs were giving us a fair shake ?

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next