GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Share

    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Aetherial on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:56 am

    wprager wrote:
    Aetherial wrote:
    Dosn't matter to me, I will wait until the last moment either way Smile

    Exactly my answer. I have my team ready to go now, but as long as there is time left I will keep tinkering.

    Just the other day Aetherial pointed out that I had Erik Johnson (I actually wanted to pick Brewer because I figured he'd get more ice tie with Johnson gone for the year, and must have put the "x" in the wrong Eric/k). So I dropped Johnson, replaced him with Brewer, and then with the extra "money" I upgraded another position. The end result is the new team had a higher projected point total (using the UPP forecaster-average for the projected points) than the previous one.

    The point is, you keep on tinkering until you're told to put your pencils down and hand it in.

    Having said that, I agree with whoever mentioned earlier that perhaps we should change the deadline... move it up by a week or so.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 pm

    wprager wrote:
    I think you mean Quattro (part of the Perfect Office suite from Corel). Apparently it supports VBA so it should work.

    It does... :D I think Quantro is a drink, I wonder what was on my mind...

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by wprager on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    I think you mean Quattro (part of the Perfect Office suite from Corel). Apparently it supports VBA so it should work.

    It does... :D I think Quantro is a drink, I wonder what was on my mind...

    Ah! Cointreau.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by wprager on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:01 pm

    By the way, there was another pool I got myself into. I believe the Yahoo draft is tonight but I'll be letting the autopilot handle it from start to finish. Who else is in it?
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PKC on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:35 pm

    I'm in it. I've tried posting several messages in the appropriate thread reminding people to set their auto-picks if they can't make it.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47790
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by wprager on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:35 pm

    PKC wrote:I'm in it. I've tried posting several messages in the appropriate thread reminding people to set their auto-picks if they can't make it.

    OK, someone might have to explain the auto-picking to me. I got Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Kaberle (the good one), Rafalski, Green and Markov on defense. Talk about loaded! But then I got semi-shafted at forward. I shouldn't complain, but it definitely looks like it picked nothing but D-men for me through the first couple of rounds. Henrik Sedin is my top center, and I had him ranked 15th among centers, which means I probably got him in the third round. Well, that explains Lidstrom *and* Niedermayer. Again, I shouldn't complain, my only goof, really, was leaving Steve Sullivan off the do-not-pick list.
    avatar
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Age : 48
    Location : out to lunch...
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Acrobat on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:04 pm

    But Sullivan's ... um.... almost good....
    avatar
    beedub
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1036
    Age : 44
    Location : Orleans ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by beedub on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 am

    My first attempt at picking my team, I had blown the budget with 6 players left to pick. @#$%@#$!!

    Second attempt, I managed to blow it with 2 players left.

    By the time I had gotten under budget, my team had an empty-cupboard look to it. It just emphasized what a GM has to deal with in a cap-era. Interesting excercise. I loved it!

    Let the game begin
    avatar
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1271
    Age : 44
    Location : Turner Valley, Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Phoenix30 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:21 am

    I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Aetherial on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 am

    beedub wrote:My first attempt at picking my team, I had blown the budget with 6 players left to pick. @#$%@#$!!

    Second attempt, I managed to blow it with 2 players left.

    By the time I had gotten under budget, my team had an empty-cupboard look to it. It just emphasized what a GM has to deal with in a cap-era. Interesting excercise. I loved it!

    Let the game begin

    You aren't still using the cap sheet are you? I just say that because you mentioned the cap era. The point system we are going to use is harder, significantly harder, but I waned to make sure you are picking from the right sheet.
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Aetherial on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 am

    Phoenix30 wrote:I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers

    I think your post, and one from WPrager above, should be in another thread maybe? This pool doesn't have waivers or adding or dropping players.
    avatar
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1271
    Age : 44
    Location : Turner Valley, Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Phoenix30 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

    Aetherial wrote:
    Phoenix30 wrote:I'm trying to tweak my team but I have no idea how the waiver thing works. Do I need to drop a player if i bring one up through waivers

    I think your post, and one from WPrager above, should be in another thread maybe? This pool doesn't have waivers or adding or dropping players.

    Ahh your right. It should be in the yahoo league post.
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PKC on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 am

    The points system was actually quite fun to do.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 am

    I think the pool date should be moved to Monday, October the 6th personally. But I'm afraid that this date change could throw people off and result in less entries.
    avatar
    Aetherial
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 152
    Favorite Team : Toronto
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Aetherial on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 am

    I would agree that Oct 6 makes more sense.

    You could make a separate post and see who responds? or send out global PM's (the way they were sent out for chat room notices)?

    Or send to people's e-mail?

    I am not sure what facilities you have available here for contacting people?
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am

    Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

    C'mon now.
    avatar
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1271
    Age : 44
    Location : Turner Valley, Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Phoenix30 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm

    504Heater wrote:Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

    C'mon now.

    I'll have the form completed this weekend. Unfortunately I cant down load it from work or else I could have it done today.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:41 pm

    Phoenix30 wrote:
    504Heater wrote:Tonight I'm gonna start chasing down guys one by one to get this pool in. I've already received a decent number, but there's a lot more of you.

    C'mon now.

    I'll have the form completed this weekend. Unfortunately I cant down load it from work or else I could have it done today.

    Cool. :D I was comin' after you tonight, so I'll scratch you off my list.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GM Central's Pool (feat. Aetherial)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:08 am