You are not connected. Please login or register

'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After naming a new captain, the team has asked Whitney and Wallin to waive their NTC's...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=306922

Changes are coming...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Run from Wallin, run to the Wizard. I love you

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Whitney "The Wizard"? Where's SSF?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Whitney "The Wizard"? Where's SSF?

He'll be here... :crossarms:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He can smell this thread...

The Wizard is here...

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Is Whitney REALLY the answer? Are we one guy away from seriously contending with our blueline? If not, why ship off any future assets? If we could get rid of Campoli or Lee, I am all for it though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:Is Whitney REALLY the answer? Are we one guy away from seriously contending with our blueline? If not, why ship off any future assets? If we could get rid of Campoli or Lee, I am all for it though.

Thinking I could see it costing Campoli/Lee + 3rd rounder, but we still don't have the cap space.

Or am I way off? Maybe Whitney will garner a 2nd or even a 1st? Nah...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Whitney's definitely at least in 2nd territory. He's a 60-70 point forward with a Stanley to his name. Age is largely irrelevant in rental deals.

Another thing to point out is that other than perhaps Kovalchuk, it doesn't look like many forwards will be on the market who are better than Whitney. That makes his stock more valuable.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

10'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:07 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
marakh wrote:We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

Nobody seems to want to answer my question. WHY? Why do this? Are we really a Whitney away from competing seriously the SC playoffs?

I just don't understand this move at all. It reeks of the god awful Bondra deal to me. Brooks Laich would look really good in a Sens Uni now wouldn't he?

11'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Did someone say "Wizard"? 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's 235689 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's 805406

12'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

Nobody seems to want to answer my question. WHY? Why do this? Are we really a Whitney away from competing seriously the SC playoffs?

I just don't understand this move at all. It reeks of the god awful Bondra deal to me. Brooks Laich would look really good in a Sens Uni now wouldn't he?

Because I Diddle Tank nation? 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's 270956

13'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:We have 2 2nd rounders. If SJ`s second + a shannon/lee type of deal I sign.

Nobody seems to want to answer my question. WHY? Why do this? Are we really a Whitney away from competing seriously the SC playoffs?

I just don't understand this move at all. It reeks of the god awful Bondra deal to me. Brooks Laich would look really good in a Sens Uni now wouldn't he?

If you're an owner, and a relatively smart move like this can get your team any playoff cash, you do it without hesitating.

I think people grossly underestimate the Sens. This team reeks of playoff build, they are exactly the kind of hard hat and lunch pail kind of team that makes noise in the playoffs.

14'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore
PKC wrote:If you're an owner, and a relatively smart move like this can get your team any playoff cash, you do it without hesitating.

I think people grossly underestimate the Sens. This team reeks of playoff build, they are exactly the kind of hard hat and lunch pail kind of team that makes noise in the playoffs.

I agree with you here but if we could strenthen our blue line even more then we would be serious contenders. I think that should be Murray's focus, not adding another top 6 forward.

15'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's Empty Re: 'Canes ask Whitney and Wallin to waive NTC's on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry I dont think Whitney is the answer unless he is supplemented with a solid dman addition. As well I would be hesitant on giving away any picks in this draft. Move bodies instead.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum