GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread

The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Holy cow, this player is emerging right in front of our eyes. He can pass with lethal precision, he stands in front of the net, he hustles, shows excellent displays of speed and has a hockey sense you cannot teach.

Is he for real? Is this something we could see on a permanent basis? I'm not sure, certainly not 3 points a night, but hopefully we can see this kind of player develop and hit some serious numbers while playing a GREAT 2-way game.

Time will tell...but until then....

...hat's off to The Great Dane!!!!! TipHat

2The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
The next Zetterberg The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread 159628

3The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Regin can turn water into beer.

*heh heh*

4The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
We've all been fond of this guy for a long time, basically since he started working his way up the system. To see him blossoming and succeeding in front of our eyes is such a pleasure.

Being a hardcore fan has its perks. Like when you tell all your buddies to keep their eyes open for player x or player y and then they say who? And you say just watch. And then down the road he's the toast of the town.

5The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Regin can turn water into beer.

*heh heh*

There you go The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread 270956 The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread 489887

6The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Long overdue.

He is the reason I was content letting Vermette go. Slightly less blazing, but the hockey sense on the guy is so much better. It's also very impressive to watch this guy stick-handle in traffic.

7The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Long overdue.

He is the reason I was content letting Vermette go. Slightly less blazing, but the hockey sense on the guy is so much better. It's also very impressive to watch this guy stick-handle in traffic.

He's gonna be a better player than Vermette, guaranteed.

8The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:We've all been fond of this guy for a long time, basically since he started working his way up the system. To see him blossoming and succeeding in front of our eyes is such a pleasure.

Being a hardcore fan has its perks. Like when you tell all your buddies to keep their eyes open for player x or player y and then they say who? And you say just watch. And then down the road he's the toast of the town.

Yeah, that's a great way of looking at it.

9The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Long overdue.

He is the reason I was content letting Vermette go. Slightly less blazing, but the hockey sense on the guy is so much better. It's also very impressive to watch this guy stick-handle in traffic.

THe kind of thing that makes the SEL pretty awesome to develop.

10The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
marakh wrote:
THe kind of thing that makes the SEL pretty awesome to develop.

Our friend Emil Sandin is having quite the year. 7 goals already, matching Petersson's output (granted Petersson left for the WJC).

11The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, this player is emerging right in front of our eyes. He can pass with lethal precision, he stands in front of the net, he hustles, shows excellent displays of speed and has a hockey sense you cannot teach.

Is he for real? Is this something we could see on a permanent basis? I'm not sure, certainly not 3 points a night, but hopefully we can see this kind of player develop and hit some serious numbers while playing a GREAT 2-way game.

Time will tell...but until then....

...hat's off to The Great Dane!!!!! The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread 822944

Hard to find fault in anything he's doing thats for sure. Danish hockey is starting to churn out some NHLers. In a generation or so, they could jump up and be mentioned as regulars competitors in international competition, much like Switzerland and Germany. Boedker, Hansen, Regin could all be hitting their prime as that happens.

12The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, this player is emerging right in front of our eyes. He can pass with lethal precision, he stands in front of the net, he hustles, shows excellent displays of speed and has a hockey sense you cannot teach.

Is he for real? Is this something we could see on a permanent basis? I'm not sure, certainly not 3 points a night, but hopefully we can see this kind of player develop and hit some serious numbers while playing a GREAT 2-way game.

Time will tell...but until then....

...hat's off to The Great Dane!!!!! The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread 822944

Hard to find fault in anything he's doing thats for sure. Danish hockey is starting to churn out some NHLers. In a generation or so, they could jump up and be mentioned as regulars competitors in international competition, much like Switzerland and Germany. Boedker, Hansen, Regin could all be hitting their prime as that happens.

Speaking of the Swiss, that Niederreiter kid is making quite the noise and is working his way up the draft ladder. Could he be the first Swiss player ever taken with a top 10 pick?

13The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
Speaking of the Swiss, that Niederreiter kid is making quite the noise and is working his way up the draft ladder. Could he be the first Swiss player ever taken with a top 10 pick?

Is he moving up that quickly?

14The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://www.nhl.com/ice/app

8th in rookie scoring, 14 points away from Duchene, but still, he's on such a great streak right now, that top 5 isn't completely out of the question.

Very cool stuff!

15The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
He's gonna end the year with more points than Spezza (currently tied).

Sign this guy for 3 years ASAP.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum