The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Share

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by Riprock on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm

    Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award

    The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by PKC on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm

    Dash wrote:
    Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award

    The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

    Should go to Neely. Without his courageous work this award wouldn't even exist.

    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1413
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by Tuk Tuk on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

    Dash wrote:
    Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award

    The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

    Awesome
    avatar
    M_Christopher
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 982
    Age : 31
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-03-30

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by M_Christopher on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:45 pm

    Tuk Tuk wrote:
    Dash wrote:
    Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award

    The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

    Awesome

    Haha You can have the under-18, the Fluffer is mine
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm

    M_Christopher wrote:
    Tuk Tuk wrote:
    Dash wrote:
    Tuk Tuk wrote:The under 18 award

    The "I have parental/guardian consent to access the material on this site" award? Sarcasm

    Awesome

    Haha You can have the under-18, the Fluffer is mine

    WHen you're 1/10 of the fluffmaster in posts count, you should not have hope
    avatar
    M_Christopher
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 982
    Age : 31
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-03-30

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by M_Christopher on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

    Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by hemlock on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 pm

    Dash wrote:My nominees for MVP goes to: Rooney (always has info on NHL cap and CBA), WPrager, and Shabbs (GDT)

    M_Christopher and SpezDispenser also contribute quite a bit - Spez is always having to update the trades for the GMSHL, and Marc is running the sim and answers a million questions for me.

    Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

    N4L gets the "Sean Avery" award for the instigator/agitator role.

    Top 3 posters (by post totals) are: 1. Spezdispenser, 2. Shabbs, 3. Wprager

    Rookies: Hemlock, Tuk Tuk, Sens19, Devo, M_Christopher, DavetheRave, HockeyHero22000, caissie_1 (all joined after January 1, 2009)

    I'm techinically not a rookie, since I had 2000+ posts on another account that I killed. However, I have next to no shame and I'll take the nomination anyway.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24763
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

    M_Christopher wrote: Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    M_Christopher wrote: Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 am

    Dash wrote:My nominees for MVP goes to: Rooney (always has info on NHL cap and CBA), WPrager, and Shabbs (GDT)

    M_Christopher and SpezDispenser also contribute quite a bit - Spez is always having to update the trades for the GMSHL, and Marc is running the sim and answers a million questions for me.

    Fluffer: SpezDispenser Laughing3

    N4L gets the "Sean Avery" award for the instigator/agitator role.

    Top 3 posters (by post totals) are: 1. Spezdispenser, 2. Shabbs, 3. Wprager

    Rookies: Hemlock, Tuk Tuk, Sens19, Devo, M_Christopher, DavetheRave, HockeyHero22000, caissie_1 (all joined after January 1, 2009)

    Nice to be mentioned. Smile

    I need more hours in the day so I can spend more time with you guys. Hence why I'm posting at 2am... can't sleep!
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:25 am

    N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

    His spelling sucks, his grammar is non-existent, and his personality can be abrasive, but there is no better hockey mind on this site, period. I trust his analysis 100x more than anyone else here -- and I'm not one to throw praise around lightly, let alone give up my own voice and fall in line behind someone else.

    At his best, N4L is/was the Pronger (circa 2006-08) of this site.
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by hemlock on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 am

    rooneypoo wrote:N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

    His spelling sucks, his grammar is non-existent, and his personality can be abrasive, but there is no better hockey mind on this site, period. I trust his analysis 100x more than anyone else here -- and I'm not one to throw praise around lightly, let alone give up my own voice and fall in line behind someone else.

    At his best, N4L is/was the Pronger (circa 2006-08) of this site.

    I will certainly agree that he is incredibly insightful, and he's got a real knowledge of not only the game on the ice, but insight into locker room dynamics and whatnot. Now, I am not trying to take the shine off your gloss here doc, but let's call a spade a spade shall we?

    This is the same guy who said that the San Jose Sharks wouldn't even be a playoff team this season after the Heatley trade went down. Point being, he isn't right 100% of the time. He's human like the rest of us. Oh and for the record, his insight into prospects doesn't even touch that of asq2's in my opinion.

    Also, I'd say very few posters if any, need policing but if there is one that does, it's N4L. He's been known to step over the line on more then a few occasions (I'm not innocent here myself )

    I am certainly not trying to take anything away from N4L, because I
    recognize his contributions to the site, however I think his absense has
    made your heart grow a little too fond.

    Anyhow, I did notice N4L posting in the Bruins GDT so I'll take the time to say welcome back. You've been missed (most of the time).
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 am

    hemlock wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:N4L for the Norris -- because, like the best defenders in the league, he patrols the threads/opinions, keeping everybody honest -- and as his 'opponents' we (can sometimes) hate him for doing it to us.

    His spelling sucks, his grammar is non-existent, and his personality can be abrasive, but there is no better hockey mind on this site, period. I trust his analysis 100x more than anyone else here -- and I'm not one to throw praise around lightly, let alone give up my own voice and fall in line behind someone else.

    At his best, N4L is/was the Pronger (circa 2006-08) of this site.

    I will certainly agree that he is incredibly insightful, and he's got a real knowledge of not only the game on the ice, but insight into locker room dynamics and whatnot. Now, I am not trying to take the shine off your gloss here doc, but let's call a spade a spade shall we?

    This is the same guy who said that the San Jose Sharks wouldn't even be a playoff team this season after the Heatley trade went down. Point being, he isn't right 100% of the time. He's human like the rest of us. Oh and for the record, his insight into prospects doesn't even touch that of asq2's in my opinion.

    Also, I'd say very few posters if any, need policing but if there is one that does, it's N4L. He's been known to step over the line on more then a few occasions (I'm not innocent here myself )

    I am certainly not trying to take anything away from N4L, because I
    recognize his contributions to the site, however I think his absense has
    made your heart grow a little too fond.


    Anyhow, I did notice N4L posting in the Bruins GDT so I'll take the time to say welcome back. You've been missed (most of the time).

    ... or maybe it was reading through pages and pages of fluff that did it. Or pages of "Go Sens Go!" Or pages of "we should make the following (unrealistic, improbable, totally lopsided) trade:..." suggestions. Or pages of inane commentary by 1 or 2 posters I won't name.

    Fact is, the conversation around here has been lacking its usual zest and insight for the last 2-3 months. Sorry.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13608
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    M_Christopher wrote: Don't make me fluff you........wait....that sounds bad

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Laughing3


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47783
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by wprager on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 am

    Sorry, Rooney, but I have to agree with Hemmy to a point. We missed the good parts of Neely, but when he's around (and healthy) there's more than equal parts of bad Neely. And as much as he knows his hockey, he is a terrible bandwagon jumper. The reason for that is that he comes out with these inane absolute statements (never won anything in his life, will never win anything with him in the lineup, etc.) Yes, much of it is related to Spezza (did Neely have a crush on Jennifer in highschool or something?) but there are other issues where he has flip-flopped his opinion. Yes, it's true, that he comes out and says things like "give him his dues" but the fact still remains that he initially comes out and says, categorically, unequivocally that this or that will never happen. He's been like that with Spezza, Shannon and a few others.

    I missed the good Neely but not to the point of giving him the Norris.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: The 2010 Montagoose awards

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:09 am