You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 am

LeCaptain


All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Hold the phone, folks...rumour has it Kotalik won't waive his NTC.

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
This just in, kiddies...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308527



EK is also reporting it now, too:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1



I think Sutter has lost his mind a bit... holy desperation, Batman! Why would anyone trade for Kotalik's contract?

EDIT: Eep, I see asq2 got it already... my bad. Merge, mods! Smile

18 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 am

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
I don't mind trading Jokinen.... I just don't get taking Kotalik back in return.

CGY is panicking, big time. These are decisions that will hurt the franchise for years to come. When CGY goes out in round 1 or 2 this year, it will be Sutter's head.

19 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 am

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I think it's a lateral trade at best. Kotalik gives them a PP specialist and Higgins has been good before but is playing in that mess in NY.

The Rangers pick up a center for Gaborik, although not much of one anymore judging his recent play. And Prust seems to be a throw in.

Weird Dung...

20 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:47 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Jokinen seems to step it up every time he's dealt for some reason. He's an ideal rental, IMO.

21 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 am

The Silfer Server

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Looks like Calgary has decided to emulate the Ottawa style ( ) of the mini rebuild by casting out the distractions and taking in an offence balanced across their lines.

22 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 am

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
McGrattan? Sarcasm

Nah, he's cleaned it up, very respectable.

The Rangers need to somehow move Drury and Redden and they would be in very good shape.

23 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 am

Guest


Guest
rooneypoo wrote:I don't mind trading Jokinen.... I just don't get taking Kotalik back in return.

CGY is panicking, big time. These are decisions that will hurt the franchise for years to come. When CGY goes out in round 1 or 2 this year, it will be Sutter's head.

How is that different from any other year?

What I just don't get is why Kotalik would block the trade? Who the hell would want to stay in NYR (the org, not the city)?

24 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 am

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
From DarrenDreger via Twitter:

no one seems to know why Calgary is stalling on the Jokinen trade. has a 3rd team surfaced?

25 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PKC wrote:From DarrenDreger via Twitter:

no one seems to know why Calgary is stalling on the Jokinen trade. has a 3rd team surfaced?

Seems awfully swirly to me.

26 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bass Destruction wrote:Looks like Calgary has decided to emulate the Ottawa style ( ) of the mini rebuild by casting out the distractions and taking in an offence balanced across their lines.

QFT.

27 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:I think it's a lateral trade at best. Kotalik gives them a PP specialist and Higgins has been good before but is playing in that mess in NY.

The Rangers pick up a center for Gaborik, although not much of one anymore judging his recent play. And Prust seems to be a throw in.

Weird Dung...

Jokinen can't be a center for Gaborik though, he shoots all the time, never passes. At least that's the word from Calgary fans and the Phoenix fan. We'll see though, very, very weird Dung.

28 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:46 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If Kotalik blocked this trade... Laugh1

With no word of a lie, he's Hartford's property.

29 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 am

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Is Sutter making a run at Kovalchuk ?

30 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 am

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The deal is off for now. Jokinen will play tonight vs. Philly, possibly Prust as well, but it could be Grat's. Not sure if it is Calgary backing out, or Kotalik refusing to waive. Bob McK commented over on TSN via twitter.

31 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:Is Sutter making a run at Kovalchuk ?

Until this happened I think he was. Waddell apparently like Higgins as one of the pieces. Whatever, just replace Kotalik with someone else and waive Kotalik.

32 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:The deal is off for now. Jokinen will play tonight vs. Philly, possibly Prust as well, but it could be Grat's. Not sure if it is Calgary backing out, or Kotalik refusing to waive. Bob McK commented over on TSN via twitter.

Unbelievable. Truly unreal, what happened there? The players were informed, everything looked like it was happening and they're playing tonight? Wow.

33 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Does anyone think that because Kotalik was 'traded' (before it all went to Dung) - that there might actually be a market for Cheechoo?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum