Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

    Hoags wrote:Is Sutter making a run at Kovalchuk ?

    Until this happened I think he was. Waddell apparently like Higgins as one of the pieces. Whatever, just replace Kotalik with someone else and waive Kotalik.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 am

    Dash wrote:The deal is off for now. Jokinen will play tonight vs. Philly, possibly Prust as well, but it could be Grat's. Not sure if it is Calgary backing out, or Kotalik refusing to waive. Bob McK commented over on TSN via twitter.

    Unbelievable. Truly unreal, what happened there? The players were informed, everything looked like it was happening and they're playing tonight? Wow.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am

    Does anyone think that because Kotalik was 'traded' (before it all went to Dung) - that there might actually be a market for Cheechoo?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:Does anyone think that because Kotalik was 'traded' (before it all went to Dung) - that there might actually be a market for Cheechoo?

    I think there's a market for Cheechoo regardless.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:07 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I think there's a market for Cheechoo regardless.

    Then let's be fair. Cheechoo and Picard are probably gone. That's 4 million dollars, that's one fun pending-UFA winger. Not sure who, but let the speculation begin. As much as I I love you Shannon, he'll be fine not cracking the top 6 again because we've acquired someone.
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9236
    Age : 41
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Hoags on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I think there's a market for Cheechoo regardless.

    Perhaps in Europe ... where all washed NHLers go.

    Either buying him out or getting rid of via re-entry waivers are the only 2 possibilities I see for us getting rid of him.

    His effort and attitude aren't even in question ... he physically can't put up the numbers so there's no hope for a fresh start on another team. He is what he is now.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I think there's a market for Cheechoo regardless.

    Perhaps in Europe ... where all washed NHLers go.

    Either buying him out or getting rid of via re-entry waivers are the only 2 possibilities I see for us getting rid of him.

    His effort and attitude aren't even in question ... he physically can't put up the numbers so there's no hope for a fresh start on another team. He is what he is now.

    A playoff team that's looking for an extra physical presence and character would be foolish not to consider acquiring Cheechoo.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 am

    Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
    Strickland 1 minute ago from web


    Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Riprock on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

    It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

    Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

    Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24789
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
    Strickland 1 minute ago from web


    Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

    I'd make one of those "other things" Iggy, at this point. But I guess he has a no-move?
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Riprock on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
    Strickland 1 minute ago from web


    Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

    What the hell is wrong with NY trying to trade a guy they just signed out of college? They just signed him April 17, not even a year ago.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

    Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

    Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

    Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

    However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Riprock on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

    I would never trade Iginla. Would Ottawa trade Alfredsson?

    Maybe the guy that Calgary goes after is Vinny? Remember Higgins was a part of that trade, wasn't he?
    avatar
    hemlock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5005
    Location : Alberta
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by hemlock on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

    Dash wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
    Strickland 1 minute ago from web


    Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

    What the hell is wrong with NY trying to trade a guy they just signed out of college? They just signed him April 17, not even a year ago.

    Glen Sather.

    'nuff said.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

    Dash wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
    Strickland 1 minute ago from web


    Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

    What the hell is wrong with NY trying to trade a guy they just signed out of college? They just signed him April 17, not even a year ago.

    Sather is mentally deficient and has lost all semblance of what a salary cap means.
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Riprock on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

    Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

    Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

    However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

    Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd make one of those "other things" Iggy, at this point. But I guess he has a no-move?

    You don't even want to hazard a guess on what that price would be. Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

    Dash wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

    Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

    Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

    However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

    Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?

    Maybe Calgary (or insert another team) wants Cheechoo around...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 am