You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

77 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:My question is, if Calgary wanted Kovalchuk or Lecavalier, why all of these moves? Why not just move Phaneuf for Kovalchuk or Lecavalier straight-up, and then dump Jokinen for some depth if need be?

I don't think they want either, it would appear. But judging by what they got for Phaneuf, I don't think a Phaneuf for Lecavalier/Kovalchuk trade was ever an option.

I'm guessing they want to create space to re-sign Bourque and Boyd and potentially Stajan if he plays well. And I'm guessing guys like Nemisz and White will have full-time spots on the team next year.

Maybe they are just trying to be prudent financially.

The free agents after Kovalchuk are pretty thin, to understate it. If they don't get him, assuming that's what they are doing, I don't imagine they'd be going after anyone else.

78 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

79 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

Seriously. I could crap out a better proposal.

80 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

Seriously. I could crap out a better proposal.

I know I have. Multiple times.

81 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

Seriously. I could crap out a better proposal.

It's just not possible...that's a worse return than Hossa and Heatley got, and by most estimations, Kovalchuk is the more desirable player.

82 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

Seriously. I could crap out a better proposal.

I know I have. Multiple times.

I might have to go...and made a trade proposal right this minute... Ahhhhh!

83 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:
He's also leading the league in what I'd call "almost scored goals" where he was either robbed by a ridiculous save (think Atlanta, for example) or he hit a post/crossbar (at least 10 times this year, by my estimation).

Yes, his point contribution and goal output is pathetic for someone making that much, but he hasn't been a bust so much as the recipient of lots of bad luck.

I used to believe that but we're 56 games and still no change, same old Cheech.

The fact that Clouston doesn't trust him with top-6 or PP minutes tells me it's more than just bad luck, he's not cut out for that kind of role.

Even when Cheech scores, he doesn't get promoted like other players do (Shannon, Regin).

84 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

85 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

Sold!!!

86 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Cheech for Kotalik might work .. one $3M disappointment for another, altho Cheech has only 1 more left, Kotalik does not.

87 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm

sens4win

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

Sold!!!
it wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta and L.A traded frolov ( dont know what else ) for kovalchuk. the GM of Atlanta has now been at a few L.A games. and no i have no source

88 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sens4win wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

Sold!!!
it wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta and L.A traded frolov ( dont know what else ) for kovalchuk. the GM of Atlanta has now been at a few L.A games. and no i have no source

The question I would have is: why Frolov? He's pending UFA. I would insist on a huge package of fun Dung if I was Atlanta. They can start by sending Teubert, Moller, and a 1st. I'll be really nice and let them keep Schenn.

89 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:21 pm

sens4win

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

Sold!!!
it wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta and L.A traded frolov ( dont know what else ) for kovalchuk. the GM of Atlanta has now been at a few L.A games. and no i have no source

The question I would have is: why Frolov? He's pending UFA. I would insist on a huge package of fun Dung if I was Atlanta. They can start by sending Teubert, Moller, and a 1st. I'll be really nice and let them keep Schenn.
i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

90 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sens4win wrote:i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

That dial tone you hear is LA hanging up on you. They need Kopitar to challenge for the Cup.

Only non-roster players please!

91 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:25 pm

sens4win

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

That dial tone you hear is LA hanging up on you. They need Kopitar to challenge for the Cup.

Only non-roster players please!
thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

92 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:31 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sens4win wrote:thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

I'm not sure...that could have been the shrewdest trade ever. Phaneuf was the black plague eating at the locker room of the Flames and Sutter got back Hagman (great player, great character), White (good player, awesome character), Stajan (decent player, good character).

The other black plague? Olli Jokinen, who's probably playing one of his last games ever as a Flame. He's gone by the deadline.

93 Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

PKC

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

I'm not sure...that could have been the shrewdest trade ever. Phaneuf was the black plague eating at the locker room of the Flames and Sutter got back Hagman (great player, great character), White (good player, awesome character), Stajan (decent player, good character).

The other black plague? Olli Jokinen, who's probably playing one of his last games ever as a Flame. He's gone by the deadline.

He's gone by tonight/tomorrow morning according to Dreger.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum