You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » GMH "Jack Adams" Award

GMH "Jack Adams" Award

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

GMH Adams Nominees

GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap267%GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 12 ]
GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_lcap216%GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 am

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:I voted for Sacco. What he's done in Colorado is nothing short of a miracle. Almost every single analyst predicted they'd be coming in last in the league.

Duchene, O'Reilly and Anderson have a lot to do with that, but yes, they've been almost a miracle out there. To be where they are right now...amazing.

EDIT: Tippett in Phoenix though....wow, who would have thought they'd be anywhere other than the basement in the West? What a rag tag bunch of cast offs that are ripping it up. So neat to see.

What Clouston's done is close to being as remarkable though. He took a team that bombed last year back to believing in themselves. He brought back a system to Ottawa, one that is even more up tempo than Murray's while being surprisingly defensively sound - and he's gotten the most out of every single player under his command. Astounding. That's why he got my vote (and I'm biased Smile)



Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

17GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:I voted for Sacco. What he's done in Colorado is nothing short of a miracle. Almost every single analyst predicted they'd be coming in last in the league.

It was close for me. It was between Sacco and Clouston. Ottawa was supposed to be in 11th which isn't much better than bottom of the league and Ottawa is in 3rd vs. Colorado currently in 6th? Ottawa has a realistic shot at 3rd or even 2nd in the Conference compared to Colorado who, based on the last few weeks of play won't finish much higher than they are now.

18GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 am

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
I voted for Sacco because he didn't have the same kind of talent on his roster that we did on ours. While many analysts chose us to finish out of the playoffs, fans of the team knew we'd at least be a playoff team. Clouston gets a nomination because he took us from a fringe playoff team to a division-leading team.

Sacco on the other hand arguably didn't have any of the kind of talent found on our roster (Alfredsson, Kovalev, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, etc.) so he was relying on a fresh-faced rookie, a career backup goaltender, and a rag-tag crew of forwards and defensemen to spark his gameplans. And he's executed them nearly to perfection.

Again, his team was hand-picked to be last in the NHL this year, and he's taken them to close to a division lead in what was considered one of the toughest divisions in the league this year.

19GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:I voted for Sacco because he didn't have the same kind of talent on his roster that we did on ours. While many analysts chose us to finish out of the playoffs, fans of the team knew we'd at least be a playoff team. Clouston gets a nomination because he took us from a fringe playoff team to a division-leading team.

Sacco on the other hand arguably didn't have any of the kind of talent found on our roster (Alfredsson, Kovalev, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, etc.) so he was relying on a fresh-faced rookie, a career backup goaltender, and a rag-tag crew of forwards and defensemen to spark his gameplans. And he's executed them nearly to perfection.

Again, his team was hand-picked to be last in the NHL this year, and he's taken them to close to a division lead in what was considered one of the toughest divisions in the league this year.

No Tippett love at all?

20GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Nah, can't stand the guy. Must be the mustache. And because he took Wayne's job.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

21GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I voted for Sacco because he didn't have the same kind of talent on his roster that we did on ours. While many analysts chose us to finish out of the playoffs, fans of the team knew we'd at least be a playoff team. Clouston gets a nomination because he took us from a fringe playoff team to a division-leading team.

Sacco on the other hand arguably didn't have any of the kind of talent found on our roster (Alfredsson, Kovalev, Spezza, Fisher, Michalek, etc.) so he was relying on a fresh-faced rookie, a career backup goaltender, and a rag-tag crew of forwards and defensemen to spark his gameplans. And he's executed them nearly to perfection.

Again, his team was hand-picked to be last in the NHL this year, and he's taken them to close to a division lead in what was considered one of the toughest divisions in the league this year.

No Tippett love at all?

I'd rank Tippett ahead of Clouston in the Jack Adams conversation. But he also had more talent to work with than Sacco did.

Remember, Colorado finished last in the Western conference last year then lost Smyth and Sakic and replaced them with two rookies essentially. They took a waiver on a goaltender that had been a career backup until that point and created a system that led to the top of the standings for almost the entire first half of the season.

Phoenix had more to work with, already had an established goalie to work around, have a greatly underrated blueline and forwards that know their role. But Phoenix mainly benefits from having a goaltender who's having a phenomenal season and might just find himself in the Vezina conversation at the end of it if he keeps it up.

22GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Nah, can't stand the guy. Must be the mustache. And because he took Wayne's job.

Wayne's job was to stand behind the bench and look like he knew what he was doing. He indeed...did not.

23GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Nah, can't stand the guy. Must be the mustache. And because he took Wayne's job.

Wayne's job was to stand behind the bench and look like he knew what he was doing. He indeed...did not.

To be honest, Wayne did have slightly less talent to work with AND the Western conference was FAR more competitive last year. With the fall of Calgary, Dallas, Anaheim, Detroit, Minnesota and Edmonton, it created more spots for teams to pick up playoff spots.

It's a combination of circumstances. Not saying that Tippett hasn't done a phenomenal job maximizing his roster's potential, but there are other factors at play.

24GMH "Jack Adams" Award - Page 2 Empty Re: GMH "Jack Adams" Award on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Tippet by a mile.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum