GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 28]

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie
Alfie makes it 2-0. Alfie! Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 95132

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Poll added. Vote with your conscience SSF. Smile

Done. I will accept nothing less than a full and complete massa-cree of Brian Jurke's cast of scoundrels.

You went a little off the board this time. Way to go out on a limb. Dancing

Who says you need Oil of Olay to keep them guessing? Lalalala

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Maybe Team Canada should've done what the US did and taken only young players, maybe a vet or two.

Hoags wrote:Maybe Team Canada should've done what the US did and taken only young players, maybe a vet or two.

They absolutely should be building a young core and I guess they kind of are. I was 100% against Crosby getting the "C" before but absolutely 2nd guessing myself on that one. You can tell Crosby is or at least should be the leader there. I cant believe Im saying this buty Iginla should not be there, I dont see the passion I saw from him in the past both for The Flames and Team Canada.

There were some surprising things I saw last night, both good and bad in terms of some Canadians, but a lot more disturbing in the short term.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
There were some surprising things I saw last night, both good and bad in terms of some Canadians, but a lot more disturbing in the short term.

Well the six million dollar question is how they respond after that (largely) embarrassing performance.

Do they step it up or play the same (or worse) ?

They're at a crossroads here.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
Hoags wrote:Maybe Team Canada should've done what the US did and taken only young players, maybe a vet or two.

They absolutely should be building a young core and I guess they kind of are. I was 100% against Crosby getting the "C" before but absolutely 2nd guessing myself on that one. You can tell Crosby is or at least should be the leader there. I cant believe Im saying this buty Iginla should not be there, I dont see the passion I saw from him in the past both for The Flames and Team Canada.

The guy has 3 goals already. Granted he had a bad game, but to say he doesn't belong there is ridiculous.

This all stems from the laughing incident that you're blowing way out of proportion.

Not sure but the vets looks like they care so little it's disturbing. Iginla, Pronger, Heatley (shocker), Thornton, so on. I honestly dont know where Team Canada went from being an honour, a privilage, and something guys strived to be part of and not a status that shows how good you are compared to everyone else.

It's been a long time since guys have uttered those words like Mara said, it's dissapointing to say the least. I think it's the same thing with the coaches as well, all those huge ego's in one room, it just doesnt work. There is no stability or consistancy and it shows at times.

I dont know if they will step it up to be honest because I dont see a lot of true leadership outside of Crosby. When he scored that shootout goal, the actions and the look said it all. Team Canada will go as far as Crosby takes them, I def have a new respect for him. Still was hoping The Swiss would win that game, it would have looked good on Team Canada wearing that under achieving hat. They might have been better off losing it then actually squeeking one out.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:

The guy has 3 goals already. Granted he had a bad game, but to say he doesn't belong there is ridiculous.

This all stems from the laughing incident that you're blowing way out of proportion.

I dont think I am at all. There is a time and place to be laughing and having fun, in a shootout vs The Swiss is not. It's not a HUGE deal but it's just a small indication of a bigger problem with Canadian Hockey, that's all I'm saying here.

If Babcock actually saw that I'm assuming he would bench Iginla... haha, oh ya, already did that. I lost a lot of respect for him there. Also, his 3 goals were against Norway and he was benched against The Swiss, that borders on pathetic. Never in my life would I have said, "I bet BAbcock shortens his bench against The Swiss and sits Iginla for a period:. YOu didnt see Crosby laughing, if anything they should have been in a state of total fear. Losing to The Swiss in Canada, imagine what the headlines would have been and a picture of Iginla laughing his Donkey off? This conversation would be very different in that I wouldnt be the only person echoing this. That game was mere seconds/flucky goal/Hiller making an one more save from the country going into panic.

Thats why I love how Crosby responded and took things into his own hands. That's what defines Canadian hockey to me, not what I saw for 65 mins last night. Hopefully he can grab that team and impose his will because they are going to need it in a big way.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:

I dont think I am at all. There is a time and place to be laughing and having fun, in a shootout vs The Swiss is not. It's not a HUGE deal but it's just a small indication of a bigger problem with Canadian Hockey, that's all I'm saying here.

If Babcock actually saw that I'm assuming he would bench Iginla... haha, oh ya, already did that. I lost a lot of respect for him there. Also, his 3 goals were against Norway and he was benched against The Swiss, that borders on pathetic. Never in my life would I have said, "I bet BAbcock shortens his bench against The Swiss and sits Iginla for a period:. YOu didnt see Crosby laughing, if anything they should have been in a state of total fear. Losing to The Swiss in Canada, imagine what the headlines would have been and a picture of Iginla laughing his Donkey off? This conversation would be very different in that I wouldnt be the only person echoing this. That game was mere seconds/flucky goal/Hiller making an one more save from the country going into panic.

Thats why I love how Crosby responded and took things into his own hands. That's what defines Canadian hockey to me, not what I saw for 65 mins last night. Hopefully he can grab that team and impose his will because they are going to need it in a big way.

I agree it was a stupid thing to do at that point in the game. Especially because he had been benched already. I love the way Crosby reacted, and am a big fan of his.

All that being said, you don't know if that actually helped the team. Yes it looked bad, but maybe it lightened the mood?

Regardless of if it did or not, you're overreacting.Having a guy left off the team who is one of the leagues best just because he giggled? That's extremist.

It was Iginla in a conversation with Morrow I believe, that wasnt lightening the mood with anyone but those two. Anyways, Im not saying Igilna should have been left off the team, you take him 100% of the time Im just shocked he showed that kind of that attitude being he has an "A" on his sweater and that much disreguard for the actual situation.

You would be hard pressed to find someone who liked Iginla more then me before I saw that and someone who hated Crosby more then I did, they switched places with me based just on last night. Crosby knew the situation, knew what was on the line (and a lot was actually on the line), and he took control.

This is the headline tomorrow "Swiss Embarass Canada at Home" With Iginla and Morrow laughing 2 seconds before the game ended. Tell me that wouldnt have been enough to make everyone in the country sick. My first reaction was "why are they laughing when they are about to lose to The Swiss in front of 20 000 Canadian on the world stage?" Anyways, the incident itself is small and minute, you're right but it represents IMO a bigger problem with a lot of Canadian hockey players.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:It was Iginla in a conversation with Morrow I believe, that wasnt lightening the mood with anyone but those two. Anyways, Im not saying Igilna should have been left off the team, you take him 100% of the time Im just shocked he showed that kind of that attitude being he has an "A" on his sweater and that much disreguard for the actual situation.

You would be hard pressed to find someone who liked Iginla more then me before I saw that and someone who hated Crosby more then I did, they switched places with me based just on last night. Crosby knew the situation, knew what was on the line (and a lot was actually on the line), and he took control.

This is the headline tomorrow "Swiss Embarass Canada at Home" With Iginla and Morrow laughing 2 seconds before the game ended. Tell me that wouldnt have been enough to make everyone in the country sick. My first reaction was "why are they laughing when they are about to lose to The Swiss in front of 20 000 Canadian on the world stage?" Anyways, the incident itself is small and minute, you're right but it represents IMO a bigger problem with a lot of Canadian hockey players.

I think you're being slightly over dramatic, but at the base I do agree with your point.

I just think Canada and a lot of it players and fans have to take a way longer look at them selves and their attitudes. It is very "American-esk" which is not a good thing at all. Believe me, other countries hate Canada, not because we are the best, but because the actually dont like us. The Swedes are the defending champs and perhaps the best nation on earth right now and I dont think you ever hear a bad word about them.

I really dont care if Canada wins or not because Im literally counting the days until The Rangers get to Ottawa, but I think this is something that has to be recongnized.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
People have short memories. Sure Torino was a letdown but what about Nagano? What's worse, finishing 7th or not even putting in an effort when you still have a crack at a (bronze) medal?

cloverleaf?

SeawaySensFan wrote:People have short memories. Sure Torino was a letdown but what about Nagano? What's worse, finishing 7th or not even putting in an effort when you still have a crack at a (bronze) medal?

cloverleaf?

Toss up... Ill go with the 7th place finish though. I get the let down in a bronze medal game after giving your all the whole way through.

Is there a more complete player then Alfresson? Only other 2 guys I put up there are Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
The Alfie is awesome.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:People have short memories. Sure Torino was a letdown but what about Nagano? What's worse, finishing 7th or not even putting in an effort when you still have a crack at a (bronze) medal?

cloverleaf?

Nagano shouldn't count. Rob Zamuner was on the team. Rob effing Zamuner.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
Bass Destruction wrote:

cloverleaf?

Nagano shouldn't count. Rob Zamuner was on the team. Rob effing Zamuner.

Then Torino shouldn't count cause Bertuzzi was on the team. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 4 270956

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum