You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 28]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
caissie_1 wrote:
wprager wrote:If the game against Switzerland didn't knock some fear of failure into them then there's nothing any of us can do. It's now on the young kids, if Babcock gives them the ice time. Sid won't be able to do it all by himself.

Fixed

But I agree, Sid needs to be our #1 center, so he should get the most icetime.... He's our best player it just makes sens...

Not sure what I was thinking about. I guess I'm just giddy with Mike and Hilary's news.

Sid will get the ice time; I was thinking more about the other kids, like Doughty, for example. Niedermayer is playing uninspired -- an uninspiring -- hockey, yet he wears the 'C' and gets the ice time.

I've told this story before a few times, but my wife got me tickets for Christmas 2-3 years ago. It was a game against Anaheim, and we sat just above the tunnel where the players come out, on the Ducks' side. I was close enough to hear what was being said at the near end of the bench. Niedermayer came off his shift, sat at the end of the bench, never said a word to anyone, then went out for the next shift. Rince and repeat, the whole night. I couldn't believe this is the team's Captain. I wasn't a fan of his before, and that experience certainly didn't do anything to change my opinion. That he later retired/unretired while holding his team in limbo, I still think that's quite selfish.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
You sure it wasn't Rob? Sarcasm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
#27, short guy, plays D, wears a 'C'. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was him Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:#27, short guy, plays D, wears a 'C'. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was him Smile

Has won virtually everything you can win as a hockey player...those guys are hard to miss.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:#27, short guy, plays D, wears a 'C'. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was him Smile

Has won virtually everything you can win as a hockey player...those guys are hard to miss.

Didn't win the Richard Sarcasm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
marakh wrote:
PKC wrote:

Didn't win the Richard Sarcasm

You're right, what a loser that guy is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Richards to lineup alongside Crosby:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Olympics/2010Vancouver/Hockey/2010/02/20/12965786.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ovechkin's new skates:
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 6 10032021H19494719

In case you're wondering, that's a gap-toothed sheep. The Russian word "ovechka" means "sheep".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He got rid of those ugly blades. They made him look like a douchebag.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:He got rid of those ugly blades. They made him look like a douchebag.
probably because they lost last game, back to what works for him

One thing that is becoming a little more clear watching Russia is what type of player A Train is... he looks pretty bad without Phillips. I've always been of the opinion you dont sign him for anything over 3.75 per year.... not even sure if he's worth that to be honest.

Great guy to have with Phillips but there are probably a few guys you can place beside Phillips who he will make look better then they actually are.

Michalek is a RH shot that plays a very similar game, not bringing him up because he is Milan's brother but because I actually think if things dont go well with A Train, they give him the 3 year, 12 million dollar deal A Train should be getting. Phillips is awful on the right side so you defently need that RH D man if A Train doesnt take Murray's offer, he is one of the few D men that plays his off wing better.

Everyone loves talking about A Train and what he brings, I think Phillips goes over looked so much it's almost insulting. Phillips absolutely makes that defense go.

Last edited by N4L on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:One thing that is becoming a little more clear watching Russia is what type of player A Train is... he looks pretty bad without Phillips. I've always been of the opinion you dont sign him for anything over 3.75 per year.... not even sure if he's worth that to be honest.

Great guy to have with Phillips but there are probably a few guys you can place beside Phillips who he will make look better then they actually are.

Michalek is a RH shot that plays a very similar game, not bringing him up because he is Milan's brother but because I actually think if things dont go well with A Train, they give him the 3 year, 12 million dollar deal A Train should be getting.

I'm gonna agree with this not because of Volchenkov's play in the Olympics specifically, but I've said this before, Phillips is far superior defensively than Volchenkov is. It's just a fact. I've said before that signing Volchenkov to big money like that is a huge mistake.

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:One thing that is becoming a little more clear watching Russia is what type of player A Train is... he looks pretty bad without Phillips. I've always been of the opinion you dont sign him for anything over 3.75 per year.... not even sure if he's worth that to be honest.

Michalek is a RH shot that plays a very similar game, not bringing him up because he is Milan's brother but because I actually think if things dont go well with A Train, they give him the 3 year, 12 million dollar deal A Train should be getting.

I'm gonna agree with this not because of Volchenkov's play in the Olympics specifically, but I've said this before, Phillips is far superior defensively than Volchenkov is. It's just a fact. I've said before that signing Volchenkov to big money like that is a huge mistake.

I have been on that ship the whole time as well. 100% agree with this. I added to my last comment but YUP.

A Train does the stuff that gets recorded, blocked shots, hits, so on. What Phillips does is so simple and yet hardly any D men in The NHL has his overall ability in terms of defense. There is not a more consistant player at his position then Phillips.

Like I said, who ever gets pair with Phillips will be looked at just as A Train his now.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
A-train looks way better with Philips no doubt, but chemistry is a big part of it IMO. We've seen against (don't remember who) how fast it could get ugly when the two of them are out of sync.
I think he signs for 3.5 ish to be honest. Let's just hope he doesn't get an olympic gold medal...

Also, for the record, Robidas is a RH shot... Im not one of the people who think Robidas would be an absolute must in Ottawa but with Phillips... could look good, maybe great.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:

I have been on that ship the whole time as well. 100% agree with this. I added to my last comment but YUP.

A Train does the stuff that gets recorded, blocked shots, hits, so on. What Phillips does is so simple and yet hardly any D men in The NHL has his overall ability in terms of defense. There is not a more consistant player at his position then Phillips.

Like I said, who ever gets pair with Phillips will be looked at just as A Train his now.

I was arguing that exact same thing with SpezD. Phillips is so much more superior positionally than Volchenkov that he doesn't need to block as many shots as Volchenkov does. They aren't in the same conversation in terms of who's better defensively....I take Phillips 99 times out of 100 situations where you need a defensive defenseman.

marakh wrote:A-train looks way better with Philips no doubt, but chemistry is a big part of it IMO. We've seen against (don't remember who) how fast it could get ugly when the two of them are out of sync.
I think he signs for 3.5 ish to be honest. Let's just hope he doesn't get an olympic gold medal...

Lets hope because anything over that would be big trouble IMO.

I agree with the chemistry but who doesnt Phillips have Chemistry with? I think it would be WAY easier to replace A Train then it would Phillips, both on and off the ice. Remember, Phillips is up for resigning next year as well. He def should be getting a raise to about 4 mil.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Also, for the record, Robidas is a RH shot... Im not one of the people who think Robidas would be an absolute must in Ottawa but with Phillips... could look good, maybe great.

There is a lot of talk of Robidas and the Sens being linked in a trade. I think I'd even be willing to give up Weircioch in a trade for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum