You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Guest


Guest
How often does he play them? Maybe Heatley/Thornton/Marleau but they dont do much other then when they are on the PP.

Doughty has never seen an offense like what Russia will throw at him.

sens4win


Veteran
Veteran
M_Christopher wrote:
sens4win wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:Canada and their D are going to have to be way better in their own zone then they were tonight. The Germans had way more sustained pressure against Canada then it did agaisnt Sweden or Finland. The Russian's are going to cycle the puck a lot more effectivly.

The D defently have to be better besides Keith, Weber, and Doughty... even then it will be interesting to see if Doughty can handle top mins vs The Russians.

He basically does it in the NHL, so this shouldn't be a stretch for him here. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010 - Page 7 85287
you know because most teams have kovulchuk ovechkin and malkin on the same line then ya thats pretty normal Sarcasm

No but lines like BAckstrom/Semin/Ovechkin, is a fair comparison.
ya i was just joking about that, and playing in the western conference its a very hard conference to play in.

Bramlet07


Veteran
Veteran
Lets also hope Volchenkov forgets how to shutdown Crosby without Phillips by his side.

Guest


Guest
Bramlet07 wrote:Lets also hope Volchenkov forgets how to shutdown Crosby without Phillips by his side.

He forgot how to shut down everyone else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Russia scored 2 goals against Slovakia. We are a better team than Slovakia, arguably. There offense isn't this "score on every shot, god-like powerhouse" that people hyped them to be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:Pretty much man, nothing from this game can be taken and be related to The Russian game tomorrow. "They have to shut down The Russian forwards like they did The Germans" ?

Canada hasnt beaten Russia since 1960...? Well, that doesnt bold well either.

Umm, 1972 man, where were you? Your age says you're 83 (lol).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Pretty much man, nothing from this game can be taken and be related to The Russian game tomorrow. "They have to shut down The Russian forwards like they did The Germans" ?

Canada hasnt beaten Russia since 1960...? Well, that doesnt bold well either.

Umm, 1972 man, where were you? Your age says you're 83 (lol).
Laughing3

Guest


Guest
Big Ev wrote:Russia scored 2 goals against Slovakia. We are a better team than Slovakia, arguably. There offense isn't this "score on every shot, god-like powerhouse" that people hyped them to be.

What does one game have to do with tomorrow? Canada only score 2 goals on The Swiss, Russia is better then them, so they should only score one. See what I did there.

Guest


Guest
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Pretty much man, nothing from this game can be taken and be related to The Russian game tomorrow. "They have to shut down The Russian forwards like they did The Germans" ?

Canada hasnt beaten Russia since 1960...? Well, that doesnt bold well either.

Umm, 1972 man, where were you? Your age says you're 83 (lol).

Olympics, Canada has beat Russia in The WC's too.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore
N4L wrote:How often does he play them? Maybe Heatley/Thornton/Marleau but they dont do much other then when they are on the PP.

Doughty has never seen an offense like what Russia will throw at him.

The Russian defense hasn't seen an offense like what Canada will throw at them either though. Canada has 4 first lines that all can play a cycle game and are all very skilled but most importantly they can play a grind it out game and a skilled game. The bottom 2 Russian lines aren't nearly as good as Canada's are and that will be key.

Guest


Guest
In all honesty, I dont want to see that Thornton line out against any of the top 2 Russians lines because they wont see the puck.

Russia has last change.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Russia scored 2 goals against Slovakia. We are a better team than Slovakia, arguably. There offense isn't this "score on every shot, god-like powerhouse" that people hyped them to be.

What does one game have to do with tomorrow? Canada only score 2 goals on The Swiss, Russia is better then them, so they should only score one. See what I did there.

I think that's called a sillogism

Guest


Guest
Really?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, I think so. It's a logic argument based on a wrong premise. I don't remember who "coined" this but the first instance that I heard of was something like :

- We are unique creature so
- what I am you can not be and
- I am man therefore
- you are not

That's a loose recall from something I read about 25 years ago so ...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Not sillogism, sophism. Sorry.

Definition :

Sophism

A plausible but fallacious argument or deceptive argumentation in general. In rhetorical studies, sophism refers to the argumentative strategies practiced and taught by the Sophists.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I believe the correct term tonight is 'arse whooping'. Ahhhhh!

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
SpezDispenser wrote:I believe the correct term tonight is 'arse whooping'. Ahhhhh!

Just a heads up, the Latvian's are buzzing right now, and are only down 1 with 5 minutes or so to go.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Pretty much man, nothing from this game can be taken and be related to The Russian game tomorrow. "They have to shut down The Russian forwards like they did The Germans" ?

Canada hasnt beaten Russia since 1960...? Well, that doesnt bold well either.

Umm, 1972 man, where were you? Your age says you're 83 (lol).

Olympics, Canada has beat Russia in The WC's too.

I *knew* what you meant. Geez, man, getting grumpy with age?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum