You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far)

Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
Completely forgot about Iggy (that's telling isn't it?)

He hasn't made any glaring mistakes, but the guy is expected to be a real leader on this team, and he seemingly hasn't been. And he darn well hasn't been producing other than against Norway.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
M_Christopher wrote:
Nobody had high expectations for Prongs and Nieds, so its hard to be extra dissapointed in them Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) - Page 2 270956

What do you mean? Pronger is back to his Norris form in Philly and Neidermayer is one of the best Canadian D-man in the last 25 years. I had extremely high expectations for them - especially Neidermayer. This is it old man, put it all out there.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:For me it's Neidermayer, Pronger and Thornton. Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) - Page 2 28774 What is wrong with you guys? Come on before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody had high expectations for Prongs and Nieds, so its hard to be extra dissapointed in them Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) - Page 2 270956

Really? Two veteran players, one of them being the captain of this team, and they were not coming in with expectations? I would have thought otherwise.

Can Canada make a huge statement here and dress their entire reserve squad in favour of some of their other players?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:
Can Canada make a huge statement here and dress their entire reserve squad in favour of some of their other players?

They can't surely...can they?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I would assume only in case of injury... but what if they all suddenly had "personal family matters"?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
SpezDispenser wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

What do you mean? Pronger is back to his Norris form in Philly and Neidermayer is one of the best Canadian D-man in the last 25 years. I had extremely high expectations for them - especially Neidermayer. This is it old man, put it all out there.

Oh maybe it was just me.

Prong has been good in philly, nieds has be unnaturally weak in Ana, but I just thought niether would be able to bring a gamechanging ability internationally.

The game always seems faster at the olympics and those two are clearly losing footspeed.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
That might be the problem then... we need game changers. IF they have nothing left to prove, why be here? I want the guys that will be here in 4, 8 and 12 years filling out this team, not the guys running off of fumes. Surely this team wouldn't be any worse off if they left off Brodeur, Pronger, Neidermayer, and even a few other 30+ guys. Not that I have anything against the "Vets", cause St. Louis would definitely have been a much better pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:I would assume only in case of injury... but what if they all suddenly had "personal family matters"?

As far as I know, even in injury they can't replace anyone at this point. I could be wrong though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
As BObby Mac Said, now is not the time to debate who should have been on the team or not. That's next week's debate.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Well that would suck. But I suppose it is fair - the teams had months to prepare a line-up, and if this is the best Stevie Y and et al could come up with, they should live with it.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

Oh maybe it was just me.

Prong has been good in philly, nieds has be unnaturally weak in Ana, but I just thought niether would be able to bring a gamechanging ability internationally.

The game always seems faster at the olympics and those two are clearly losing footspeed.

If this were international ice I think that argument is more valid. However, I think because of the ice being NA size, the braintrust thought that these two guys (Pronger especially) would be able to adjust seemlessly.

More Doughty and Seabrook and less of these two please.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Thornton is soft as tissue paper, that's another pretty big deal.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Thornton, Iginla, Getzlaf, Perry, Pronger, Neidermayer, Brodeur, and I guess Bergeron. The rest have played well I think, including that beyotch Heatley. Apart from Canada, I can't say who else has been a disappointment...maybe Milan Michalek but that's purely based on stats, I have no idea how he's played for the Czech.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I'm not disappointed in players necessarily, I'm disappointed in the coaching of the players. Why do we have the SJ line as our primary line, 3 guys that have done nothing championship-wise. Sid is playing secondary minutes when he should be playing top line minutes. The guys with the experience in championships should be the ones leading the team. There are no leaders that have been pointed out on the team that the guys can lean on. It's really sad. Stevie-Y will be hearing about it in the next few days I'm sure.

I hope they can win the gold, I just don't think it's going to happen. There is too much wrong with the team and the way the lines are being formed etc...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:I'm not disappointed in players necessarily, I'm disappointed in the coaching of the players. Why do we have the SJ line as our primary line, 3 guys that have done nothing championship-wise. Sid is playing secondary minutes when he should be playing top line minutes. The guys with the experience in championships should be the ones leading the team. There are no leaders that have been pointed out on the team that the guys can lean on. It's really sad. Stevie-Y will be hearing about it in the next few days I'm sure.

I hope they can win the gold, I just don't think it's going to happen. There is too much wrong with the team and the way the lines are being formed etc...

That's quite true actually. Babcock has mishandled the lines. There should be two lines playing the lion's share, then the third, then the 4th that barely see minutes except to check and create energy. I don't need to see Joe Thornton out there again in the top 6 of Canada's forwards, nor Perry after his embarrassment of a game. I need to see Crosby with Nash and Heatley ( Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) - Page 2 28774 ), Getzlaf with Iginla and Marleau please. Let's make that happen.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Nash - Getzlaf - Perry
Richards - Crosby - Heatley
E.Staal - Toews - Iginla
Morrow - Thornton - Marleau

I won't mind trying those out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How about these lines?

Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Staal-Crosby-Toews
Iginla-Marleau-Perry
Morrow-Thornton-Richards

- Unknown Author

Where is the energy? Where is the line you come back with when the other team scores?

Put together all the all star lines you want, Canada needs something they probably dont have and that is grit and character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum