You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Russia vs. Canada, Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap236%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap29%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

PKC


All-Star
All-Star
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

I was shocked too. I thought they would atleast get chippy and that guys like Semin and Kovalchuk would start swinging their sticks around, but that wasn't even the case.

Strange for sure.

Doesn't help that all of their best players were ghosts...Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin...like little kittens on the ice. No heart.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

I get the feeling that the blame for the loss will largely fall on him.

Not pulling Nabakov earlier.
Not putting Radulov in the shootout against Slovakia.

Last but not least a talented team like the Russians grossly underachieving... gotta consider if the coach brought the best in them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Has Milbury been fired yet for calling the Russians Euro Trash? Good luck with that comment Milbury, it's not like we have a lot of immigrants from Europe in this country. Facepalm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Bahaha! When did he say this?

As terrible a GM as this man was, he's a sound byte goldmine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:Bahaha! When did he say this?

As terrible a GM as this man was, he's a sound byte goldmine.

Laughing3 Earlier on the air.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Bahaha! When did he say this?

As terrible a GM as this man was, he's a sound byte goldmine.

Laughing3 Earlier on the air.
Lol that's a good way to make friends

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
And be fired I'm guessing.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:And be fired I'm guessing.
Have you ever read bob mackenzies twitter ya I know random but he talks to the most random people on his Hockey analysis Twitter to weird

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie
wow sweden is losing with 2 mins left, this is getting interesting. that would be pretty sweet for canada

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I'm late here but amazing game by Team Canada, if that's not called domination I don't know what is. They played pinball with Volchie though :crossarms:

EDIT: Pronger is still a douche Nod

Sens left in the tournament is Jarkko Ruutu. Some rest for the others Naughty

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
stempniaksen wrote:WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

Playing well???! They scored 4 goals on Lundqvist, with only 14 shots taken. That's just not something they can expect to do again. 14 shots taken in an elimination game?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Give the Swiss some props too for holding the speedy US team to only 2 goals.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

Playing well???! They scored 4 goals on Lundqvist, with only 14 shots taken. That's just not something they can expect to do again. 14 shots taken in an elimination game?

Unless you watched the game you couldn't get a sense of how hard the Slovaks were pushing. To hear that they only had 14 shots is a bit suprising to say the least because the Slovaks were buzzing around Lundy all night. That being said, Halak was a big part of the win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

I don't think Sweden sent as strong a team this year...they really needed the Sedin twins to show up and dominate and that didn't happen. Doesn't help that their ultimate piece - Lundqvist - pooped the bed last night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder


Out of the way nerd woman! I've just lost and I need to get by!!! Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 805406

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum