GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Russia vs. Canada, Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap236%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap29%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Hockeyhero22000


Veteran
Veteran
finally russians get caught on the too many men

M_Christopher


Sophomore
Sophomore
Bramlet07 wrote:Not that i think that Volchenkov hit on Staal was clean, but it was the exact same hit Weber(i think) threw on Afiniganov at the start of the game. Funny how when a Canadian does the hitting its a beautiful hit, but dirty when the Russian does it.

Yeah I noticed that, both very similiar.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

M_Christopher


Sophomore
Sophomore
Wow, I've lost so much respect for AO during the Olympics, between his stick crap, late hits and now a weak shot in the hand and he goes straight out...not the same AO I'm used to.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Bramlet07 wrote:Not that i think that Volchenkov hit on Staal was clean, but it was the exact same hit Weber(i think) threw on Afiniganov at the start of the game. Funny how when a Canadian does the hitting its a beautiful hit, but dirty when the Russian does it.

Afiniganov had the puck where staal didnt was the key difference i noticed

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
pronger takes a stupid penalty

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
2 more goals and my prediction will be right come on canada step it up :crossarms:

Guest


Guest
M_Christopher wrote:Wow, I've lost so much respect for AO during the Olympics, between his stick crap, late hits and now a weak shot in the hand and he goes straight out...not the same AO I'm used to.

Tough to play his game all year long and carry a team let alone carry a nation as well. IMO, this has no baring on AO, he's still world class and played the game fairly hard, he just got shut down. His team mates were a no show, I actually feel bad for him.

Ill eat some crow here though, no way I thought Canada had that kind of performance in them and no way I thought Russia was that gutless. Again, I feel bad for AO because there is only so much you can do.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Wow, I've lost so much respect for AO during the Olympics, between his stick crap, late hits and now a weak shot in the hand and he goes straight out...not the same AO I'm used to.

Tough to play his game all year long and carry a team let alone carry a nation as well. IMO, this has no baring on AO, he's still world class and played the game fairly hard, he just got shut down. His team mates were a no show, I actually feel bad for him.

Ill eat some crow here though, no way I thought Canada had that kind of performance in them and no way I thought Russia was that gutless. Again, I feel bad for AO because there is only so much you can do.

Did you catch the the 5 minute stick swap crap against the Slovaks (I think) They stopped the game so he could pick out a certian stick.

Then tonight he freaks out because he got one of his sticks that he didn't like.

Just an bad attitude to have.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Guest


Guest
Meh, he was frustrated, Ill take anger over what all the other Russians showed tonight. If he smashed his stick over his coaches head I would have said "he shouldnt have done that, but I get it".

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Russia got raped by Canada. That game wasn't even close. That first period is probably the most dominant period of hockey in history I think. To manhandle a "superpower" like that is unheard of.

Guest


Guest
PKC wrote:Russia got raped by Canada. That game wasn't even close. That first period is probably the most dominant period of hockey in history I think. To manhandle a "superpower" like that is unheard of.

Ummmm, there have been a few cases of handling a super power like that. Im not gonna bring up the one that sticks out because there should be nothing but postives things to say about Team Canada today, that was dominate.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 159628

Guest


Guest
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

I was shocked too. I thought they would atleast get chippy and that guys like Semin and Kovalchuk would start swinging their sticks around, but that wasn't even the case.

Strange for sure.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

Can't blame Nabokov when the guys playing in front of him we're obstructed by the purses they were carrying...the Canadian boys ran them over. Every time a Russian touched the puck, he was swarmed by a forward. They couldn't even string two passes together for most of the first period - literally.

Blame Nabokov on Morrow's wrap around goal, but the others? Screen plays, re-directs, cross ice passes, crisp tape to tape puck movement...you need the players in front of your goalie to care too.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 7 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

I was shocked too. I thought they would atleast get chippy and that guys like Semin and Kovalchuk would start swinging their sticks around, but that wasn't even the case.

Strange for sure.

Doesn't help that all of their best players were ghosts...Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin...like little kittens on the ice. No heart.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

I get the feeling that the blame for the loss will largely fall on him.

Not pulling Nabakov earlier.
Not putting Radulov in the shootout against Slovakia.

Last but not least a talented team like the Russians grossly underachieving... gotta consider if the coach brought the best in them.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum