You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site

No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.nomoreorr.com/reasons-to-remove-bobby-orr-from-the-hhof/

Have you seen this yet? It's ridiculous. Saw it on Facebook and had to check it out to find out why someone would hate Orr so much and go so far to have him removed from the HHOF.

The points are invalid - trying to compare the hockey of the past 20 years to the hockey of 30-40 years ago is irrelevant - of course they are different games. The players are bigger, stronger, faster, but the equipment is much more technologically advanced and larger and more protective. The rules have changed significantly.

It's like saying if you were to put Gordie Howe or Maurice Richard into the NHL today that they would not be as good as they were in their time.

You could do this for any sport too. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer...



Last edited by Dash on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

2No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Laugh1 When I first read the title I thought the Leafs had cut him for his three-fingered stupidity, then his 6 minutes/6 PIMs game vs Philly.

3No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:Laugh1 When I first read the title I thought the Leafs had cut him for his three-fingered stupidity, then his 6 minutes/6 PIMs game vs Philly.

Me too. I was all full of hope, but Dash has dashed it.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

4No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Laugh1 When I first read the title I thought the Leafs had cut him for his three-fingered stupidity, then his 6 minutes/6 PIMs game vs Philly.

Me too. I was all full of hope, but Dash has dashed it.

No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site 489887

5No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Laugh1 When I first read the title I thought the Leafs had cut him for his three-fingered stupidity, then his 6 minutes/6 PIMs game vs Philly.

Me too. I was all full of hope, but Dash has dashed it.

Seriously, did you think the same?

6No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
LAME!!! haha. I've heard them all. Too bad I am not a pro athlete, I'd have a sick name. Put me on the Kings with Quick.

7No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
OMG, I just read that article, that guy should hire bodyguards, there are some people who are NOT gonna like that to say the least. Laugh1

8No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Laugh1 When I first read the title I thought the Leafs had cut him for his three-fingered stupidity, then his 6 minutes/6 PIMs game vs Philly.

Me too. I was all full of hope, but Dash has dashed it.

Seriously, did you think the same?

Well, not exactly. But I thought something happened to Colton Orrshole. I never dreamed it had anything to do with Bobby scOrrs.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

9No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:OMG, I just read that article, that guy should hire bodyguards, there are some people who are NOT gonna like that to say the least. Laugh1
thats a nice way of putting it, hope he lives very far away from boston

10No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:50 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie
Dash wrote:http://www.nomoreorr.com/reasons-to-remove-bobby-orr-from-the-hhof/

Have you seen this yet? It's ridiculous. Saw it on Facebook and had to check it out to find out why someone would hate Orr so much and go so far to have him removed from the HHOF.

The points are invalid - trying to compare the hockey of the past 20 years to the hockey of 30-40 years ago is irrelevant - of course they are different games. The players are bigger, stronger, faster, but the equipment is much more technologically advanced and larger and more protective. The rules have changed significantly.

It's like saying if you were to put Gordie Howe or Maurice Richard into the NHL today that they would not be as good as they were in their time.

You could do this for any sport too. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer...

Bobby Orr should not be in the HHOF because he didn't play in the modern era? Using that criteria, a lot of good players would need to be taken out. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

11No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dash wrote:LAME!!! haha. I've heard them all. Too bad I am not a pro athlete, I'd have a sick name. Put me on the Kings with Quick.

Now dash away Dash away! Dash away all!

That's what usually comes to *my* mind -- Dasher and Prancer and Donder and Blitzen.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

12No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Well, not exactly. But I thought something happened to Colton Orrshole. I never dreamed it had anything to do with Bobby scOrrs.

Yeah, fair enough, that would have been pretty detailed if you thought the exact same thing.

13No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:LAME!!! haha. I've heard them all. Too bad I am not a pro athlete, I'd have a sick name. Put me on the Kings with Quick.

Now dash away Dash away! Dash away all!

That's what usually comes to *my* mind -- Dasher and Prancer and Donder and Blitzen.

Yup, got that one too. Used to bother me 'cause the people saying it said it with malicious intentions, but I basically go by Dash now anyways.

14No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:http://www.nomoreorr.com/reasons-to-remove-bobby-orr-from-the-hhof/

Have you seen this yet? It's ridiculous. Saw it on Facebook and had to check it out to find out why someone would hate Orr so much and go so far to have him removed from the HHOF.

The points are invalid - trying to compare the hockey of the past 20 years to the hockey of 30-40 years ago is irrelevant - of course they are different games. The players are bigger, stronger, faster, but the equipment is much more technologically advanced and larger and more protective. The rules have changed significantly.

It's like saying if you were to put Gordie Howe or Maurice Richard into the NHL today that they would not be as good as they were in their time.

You could do this for any sport too. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer...

I agree with everything you said except for that. Baseball is still the same sport it was 50, 60, 70 years ago. Guys could throw just as hard and hit just as far as they can today. It's the only sport where technology couldn't influence the game too much and the dimensions and properties of the bases and the diamond never changed.

15No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site Empty Re: No More Orr - anti-Bobby Orr site on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Possibly, I was thinking more like steroids, performance enhancers, and just the athletics. Babe Ruth was hardly the most athletic guy, though you still have a few overweight guys playing the sport.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum