You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery suffering from avascular necrosis

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I know him being done for the season is old news but did all of you know just how career threatening this is? I also provided a link regarding this condition at the bottom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4960130

"He is suffering from avascular necrosis and will have a bone graft done to alleviate his hip issues," Holmgren said in a news release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avascular_necrosis


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

2 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Wow, didn't know that.

Proposed risk factors include alcoholism, excessive steroid use, ...


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

3 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Wow, didn't know that.

Proposed risk factors include alcoholism, excessive steroid use, ...

In some cases it is idiopathic (no cause is found).[12]

4 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lets also not forget this:

There are many theories about what causes avascular necrosis.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

5 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Yeah, I'm going to refrain from making any judgments on a cause, and just hope he is able to play at the professional level again. All things aside, I still like Ray as a player and a character.

6 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I just thought it was thread worthy because of just how threatening this could potentially be for Emery's career.

The amount of disability that results from avascular necrosis depends on what part of the bone is affected, how large an area is involved, and how effectively the bone rebuilds itself.

And this:

Avascular necrosis cut short the football and baseball careers of star athlete Bo Jackson.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

7 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Guest


Guest
Well, looks like being an idiot cost him because it his career is over he has no long term contract to fall back on.

Tough break, oh well. NHL is a better place without this clown anyways.

8 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I wonder if he had this issue as far back as the 2006/07 season? Wasn't he playing through some hip issues back then?

If so his career could very realistically be over.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

9 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

10 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's pretty harsh for a guy that played a pretty big roll in getting us to the Finals for the first time in the modern era of the Sens.

Granted he was playing behind a well oiled machine up until the final but he still helped get us there.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

11 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's pretty harsh for a guy that played a pretty big roll in getting us to the Finals for the first time in the modern era of the Sens.

Granted he was playing behind a well oiled machine up until the final but he still helped get us there.

People who say negative things about Ray's play in our ascent to the Finals have always been wrong, he came in and saved our season and was very solid in our run, but does that give him carte blanche to Diddle us up the arse? Because he messed us up good. He was terribly lazy in rehabbing, he bailed on this team, he needed to be bought out because no one wanted to deal with this Dung for brains.

To me everything good he did was erased the day we needed to PAY HIM to stay the heck away from our team. Boo. Never forgive him for that. Idiot.

12 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

I dont really believe in Karma, but yes, good things tend to happen to good people.

Emery isnt doing anything tha Elliott is doing right now and better. The guy was the main reason this team fell apart because if his drug habbit and his Dung play. I dont wish things apon people but I could care less what happens to him. This is a guy that blew a once in a life time opportuinity and it actually looks good on him if his career is over. He will go down as a guy who screwed it all up because he is an idiot, just like a lot of people including myself said he would. He is indeed Jim "the net detective" Carey.

13 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

What the hell is this? The guy obviously makes an effort to come back and put his life back on track, only to have a serious medical problem threaten his career, and you say "eat Dung and die"?

Unbelievable...

I wish Ray the best, he deserves it.

14 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Guest


Guest
Tuk Tuk wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

What the hell is this? The guy obviously makes an effort to come back and put his life back on track, only to have a serious medical problem threaten his career, and you say "eat Dung and die"?

Unbelievable...

I wish Ray the best, he deserves it.

LOL, no he doesnt. If anything what is happening right now is 100% what he deserves.

15 Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tuk Tuk wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

What the hell is this? The guy obviously makes an effort to come back and put his life back on track, only to have a serious medical problem threaten his career, and you say "eat Dung and die"?

Unbelievable...

I wish Ray the best, he deserves it.

What? How does Ray Emery deserve anything? He messed his wrist up - that's not his fault, could happen to anyone. He comes back to the Sens out of shape, they look the other way and allow him time to rehab himself and get into proper shape. After that, it's really well documented how lazy he was in practice and with the conditioning staff. To the point where we didn't have any chances to play him because he was a lazy, good-for-nothing arsehole who didn't have the time to rehab his wrist properly.

Hmmm. Yeah, that makes me respect Ray a lot - as a useless, lazy little man. Then we're forced to buy him out because he's shown nothing but laziness and a lack of respect for the organization and now he's hurt again and may never come back? Looks good on ya Ray.

You know Tuk, I realize you're a young man, but in life you'll always be offered an opportunity - providing you've worked hard to earn it. Ray earned his opportunity to be an NHL goaltender for one of the most popular teams in the NHL. He took that and ran with it, good for him! Then he blew that opportunity and more importantly, he blew the trust given to him by the organization who had treated him so well by not rehabbing and being a lazy bastard. Do you think Brodeur did that when he tore his bicep? What about Luongo with his groin pull? How about any NHL goaltender that succumbs to injury? Do you think they sit back and sip beers by a pool and then party every night? No they do not. And thus, I reiterate, he can eat Dung and die.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum