GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook

POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook

POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap225%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 3 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_lcap242%POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm

hemlock


All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:I just saw the hit, and it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, except that Seabrook did not have the puck. Wiz apologized immediately and feels bad because he and Seabrook go way back to when they were teammates in CHI. Wiz thought Seabrook played the puck. And Quenneville was out of line calling it the worst in the history of the NHL.

EDIT: Yeah, I see now he left his feet. That's not good. That makes you wonder a little more.

You also didn't mention Wisniewski skating in from CENTRE ICE to deliver this hit. I don't care if it wasn't charging in the sense that he stopped skating as he approached, it's still predatory imo, and that's the real problem.

32POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 am

ddt


Rookie
Rookie
Dash wrote:I just saw the hit, and it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, except that Seabrook did not have the puck. Wiz apologized immediately and feels bad because he and Seabrook go way back to when they were teammates in CHI. Wiz thought Seabrook played the puck. And Quenneville was out of line calling it the worst in the history of the NHL.

EDIT: Yeah, I see now he left his feet. That's not good. That makes you wonder a little more.

Seabrook was completely out while still on his feet. There is no way he gets knocked out like that without a direct impact to the head, and a really bad one at that.

33POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:54 am

Riprock


All-Star
All-Star
Yes, Seabrooke went down like he just got TKOd, but I have seen worse. It is unfortunate for sure. I guess the video I saw didn't really show how bad it was.

34POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
I've had time to cool down about the hit, and I guess the hit is suspension worthy (I'm still not convinced about 8 games though). My biggest issue is the double standard the NHL has, and the fact that both Cooke and M.Richards were let off the hook.

It's not like Wiz had any intent to injure him, he just wanted to send a message (his role, and the whole reason he's in the NHL). If you watched the interview after you could tell he was visibly shaken by the fact he KO'ed one of his best friends.

35POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:10 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie
stempniaksen wrote:I've had time to cool down about the hit, and I guess the hit is suspension worthy (I'm still not convinced about 8 games though). My biggest issue is the double standard the NHL has, and the fact that both Cooke and M.Richards were let off the hook.

It's not like Wiz had any intent to injure him, he just wanted to send a message (his role, and the whole reason he's in the NHL). If you watched the interview after you could tell he was visibly shaken by the fact he KO'ed one of his best friends.

I don't buy the intent crap, not for a second. If you come into my house and I pull out a gun, with the intent to shoot you somewhere non-lethal, to disable you, but end up killing you, am I not still guilty of murder? He may not have intended to hit him square in the head, but he did.

36POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
If it's accidental murder you get manslaughter, but not murder. You still get punished, but it's usually less (Which is why Wiz should have gotten 2 games)

37POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:37 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
stempniaksen wrote:If it's accidental murder you get manslaughter, but not murder. You still get punished, but it's usually less (Which is why Wiz should have gotten 2 games)

No you would get second degree murder... Manslaugther is a heat of the moment muder... Say you get home and your wife is having an affair and you kill them both rigth then and there... That's manslaugther.

38POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
caissie_1 wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:If it's accidental murder you get manslaughter, but not murder. You still get punished, but it's usually less (Which is why Wiz should have gotten 2 games)

No you would get second degree murder... Manslaugther is a heat of the moment muder... Say you get home and your wife is having an affair and you kill them both rigth then and there... That's manslaugther.

Ah yes, you are correct.

My point stands though. Accidental murder is still a different charge than murder with intent. Wizniewski should have been "charged" accordingly and this is overkill.

39POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
stempniaksen wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:If it's accidental murder you get manslaughter, but not murder. You still get punished, but it's usually less (Which is why Wiz should have gotten 2 games)

No you would get second degree murder... Manslaugther is a heat of the moment muder... Say you get home and your wife is having an affair and you kill them both rigth then and there... That's manslaugther.

Ah yes, you are correct.

My point stands though. Accidental murder is still a different charge than murder with intent. Wizniewski should have been "charged" accordingly and this is overkill.

I agree, I just think it's really hard for the NHL to no when there is intent or not... He may say he didnt want to hurt him but the replay show's differently.

I just think they should suspend as 1st degree murder all the time instead of taking maybe it was a mistake ala 2nd degree murder approach.

40POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:00 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
While I tend to agree with you, they haven't done it in the past, and it's unfair to start doing it now. If they really want to instill these new head shot rules do it next season or starting in the playoffs.

What is so much worse with this hit than the Richards or Cooke hits that make it suspension worthy? If Campbell would have balled up and suspended Richards and Cooke for 10 games each I wouldn't have as big an issue with this suspension.

41POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:06 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran
stempniaksen wrote:While I tend to agree with you, they haven't done it in the past, and it's unfair to start doing it now. If they really want to instill these new head shot rules do it next season or starting in the playoffs.

What is so much worse with this hit than the Richards or Cooke hits that make it suspension worthy? If Campbell would have balled up and suspended Richards and Cooke for 10 games each I wouldn't have as big an issue with this suspension.

Once again I agree, they should have been hard on the first one (Richards). I guess thats what I wanted to say on my other post. I also agree that they should change the rules for next season. I dont see it happening now since it's almost over it make's kind of no sens to change rules at the end of the year.

42POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
caissie_1 wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:While I tend to agree with you, they haven't done it in the past, and it's unfair to start doing it now. If they really want to instill these new head shot rules do it next season or starting in the playoffs.

What is so much worse with this hit than the Richards or Cooke hits that make it suspension worthy? If Campbell would have balled up and suspended Richards and Cooke for 10 games each I wouldn't have as big an issue with this suspension.

Once again I agree, they should have been hard on the first one (Richards). I guess thats what I wanted to say on my other post. I also agree that they should change the rules for next season. I dont see it happening now since it's almost over it make's kind of no sens to change rules at the end of the year.

I agree. But I think they have tried to implement the new rules this late in the year, and that's not fair to James Wizniewski, the Anaheim Ducks, or other players around the NHL. Suddenly a couple game suspension is turned into a "prove my point" case, and is now 8 games.

43POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Murray has this to say to Quenneville:

After the game Quenneville said, "There are certain hits in the game that are tolerable if you have the puck, but if you hit a guy without the puck you can kill a guy. It's the most dangerous hit in the history of the game, and [Wisniewski] tried to hurt him."

Murray fired back at Quenneville during a conference call with reporters on Thursday.

"I played in Chicago for a long time, I lived in the city of Chicago, it used to be a black-and-blue town, it didn't have whiners," he said. "I strongly suggest Joel worries about his goaltending and stops trying to run the National Hockey League. He should worry about coaching."

Great line!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/03/19/sp-take5-fri.html?ref=rss


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

44POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting, I just copied two paragraphs, but when I pasted in the quote it also included a "Read more: " and then the article URL. That was automatically added when I hit CTL-C. Stuff like that fascinates me, but it's also a bit scary that some script can intercept (and modify) the actions of something as generic as CTL-C to copy stuff to the clip board.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

45POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: Wisniewski wallpapers Seabrook on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Kypreos' take on the suspension, and retaliation in general:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/03/19/kypreos_reaction_to_cheapshots/

Really nothing insightful in that. Pretty much what I expected from Nick (not a big fan). What's worth the read is getting to the comments:

Reading Kypreos is like wiping your arse with a hoola-hoop, it's the same crap over-and-over-and-over. I'm all for good open ice hits like Scott Stevens was famous for but the need to avenge? There was none of that at the Olympics and I thought that was pretty good hockey.

Laughing3


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum