1st Round Opponents

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

11st Round Opponents Empty 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
10th place. Behind the Maple Leafs. Behind Montreal for that matter.....as always, thanks TSN 1st Round Opponents 270956

Now that the playoff spot has been clinched, and celebrating hard the dramatic victory from last night, its time to get serious again: Playoff serious. Who's really the best opponent to face in the 1st round? I for one wouldn't mind either three (Buffalo would be the best option but that's really not too likely) but it'd be something if we can actually get home-ice advantage. We got a decent schedule upcoming, which is better than all three of NJ, Philly, and Buffaslug (or perhaps catching Buffalo for 3rd/2nd spot).

NJ remaining games (6):
Friday April 2nd - Chicago @ NJ (7 pm)
Saturday April 3rd - NJ @ Carolina (7 pm)
Tuesday April 6th - NJ @ Atlanta (7 pm)
Thursday April 8th - NJ @ Florida (7:30 pm)
Saturday April 10th - NYI @ NJ (7 pm)
Sunday April 11th - Buffalo @ NJ (5 pm)

Penguins remaining games (5):
Saturday April 3rd - Atlanta @ Pens (1 pm)
Tuesday April 6th - Washington @ Pens (7:30 pm)
Thursday April 8th - NYI @ Pens (7:30 pm)
Saturday April 10th - Pens @ Atlanta (7 pm)
Sunday April 11th - Pens @ NYI (5 pm)

Sabres remaining games (5):
Saturday April 3rd - Sabres @ Montreal (7 pm)
Tuesday April 6th - NYR @ Sabres (7 pm)
Thursday April 8th - Sabres @ Boston (7 pm)
Saturday April 10th - Sabres @ Ottawa (7 pm)
Sunday April 11th - Sabres @ New Jersey (5 pm)

21st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Ideally, it would be nice to get home ice in at least the first round. I don't think fourth place is a stretch at this point, third place I'd say we have about a 20% chance because our schedule is so favorable compared to Buffalo's.

It's going to be really tight. I think either way, there's going to be a first round game 7 involving the Sens. That's my feeling.

31st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Bring on New Jersey, Buffalo, Philly, or Montreal. I really don't want to play the Penguins in the first round. We can deal with them later :D Malkin and Gonchar haven't been playing for a week and a half, they are goign to be well rested for the playoffs lol

41st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ideally we catch Buffalo on the last game there, then they lose to the Devils and we claim third. Playing the 6th seed is still tough, but it's nothing compared to playing Pitts or NJ in round one.

51st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran
Its pretty much a certian that it will either be Pitts or Jersey, and of the 2 i would much prefer to play the team that hasent been to the finals 2 years in a row.

61st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
I don't think Penguins would be too bad. they've been stumbling of late, Fleury doesn't look the same either, Malkin has been injured, and the likelihood of three straight stanley cup final appearances is extremely low. They gotta lose sometime...

New Jersey is probably the weakest of the two, and has kovalchuk blowing up in their face written all over them. Marty still scares me though.

71st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't want to play the Devils. I want to enjoy some hockey.

81st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:I don't want to play the Devils. I want to enjoy some hockey.

Id rather win ugly then lose excitingly.

91st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Its wide open if we catch buffalo though...habs, bruins, flyers, thrashers are all in the mix then.

101st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Diddle it, bring on the Devils or the Pens. With Spezza playing the way he is, we might as well get the tough draws over with.

111st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Bramlet07 wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't want to play the Devils. I want to enjoy some hockey.

Id rather win ugly then lose excitingly.

Thing is, the Sens aren't very good when playing boring. When's the last time they won a snoozefest?

121st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:18 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I don't think I could survive another SCF loss, so might as well kill all the beasts ASAP. Pitts 1st round, Washington 2nd round then Buff/JErsey in the 3rd.

131st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran
I dont care who we get its going to be tough either way. Sens have to remember just because you may own a team in the regular season doesnt mean you can own them in the playoffs. We should know this the best of anyone.

141st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Phoenix30 wrote:I dont care who we get its going to be tough either way. Sens have to remember just because you may own a team in the regular season doesnt mean you can own them in the playoffs. We should know this the best of anyone.

I'll say....2000-2001 season where we swept the leafs in the regular season...and then they swept us inthe playoffs 1st Round Opponents 489887. Number 7 sweeping number 2 stanley cup favourite....Diddling yashin 1st Round Opponents 395361

151st Round Opponents Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran
Michallica wrote:Its wide open if we catch buffalo though...habs, bruins, flyers, thrashers are all in the mix then.

I doubt we catch Buffalo even if Lalime starts all the remaining games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum