GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 1st Round Opponents

1st Round Opponents

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

1211st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
Sens-sorship

1221st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:Who in the world is this kid?

Chris Stewart - Colorado.

I might seem like a goof asking, but I've never heard of him and he is SOLID.

He's in his 3rd year, up for re-neg at the end of this season, RFA.

75GP - 28G - 36A - 64PTS - +6 - 3PPG - 5GWG

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one asking. He's been pretty unknown up until this season where he's had a very strong season as you can see. I knew about him for a while only because I am obsessed with hockey and also because I remember reading about him deciding to focus on hockey because he was a really good football player up until recently. He's the brother of Florida's Anthony Stewart.

1231st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:16 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Who in the world is this kid?

Chris Stewart - Colorado.

I might seem like a goof asking, but I've never heard of him and he is SOLID.

He's in his 3rd year, up for re-neg at the end of this season, RFA.

75GP - 28G - 36A - 64PTS - +6 - 3PPG - 5GWG

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one asking. He's been pretty unknown up until this season where he's had a very strong season as you can see. I knew about him for a while only because I am obsessed with hockey and also because I remember reading about him deciding to focus on hockey because he was a really good football player up until recently. He's the brother of Florida's Anthony Stewart.

Yeh I saw that TSN story on him a few year's ago before his draft... Followed him a bit since then pretty good player having a good year... He's big!

1241st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
His size is what is making him such a success this year. Like most football players, he's huge. He's immovable infront of the net and yet he's still agile.

Ottawa needs a guy like that, in the mould of a Clowe, Lucic, or Byfiglien. Or better yet, Nash lol.

1251st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
He seems very special, that's for sure. Only 22 too. Wow. I wish Foligno was at his level.

Talk about a jump for him from last season too, he only had 15 points or something.

1261st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:He seems very special, that's for sure. Only 22 too. Wow. I wish Foligno was at his level.

Talk about a jump for him from last season too, he only had 15 points or something.

FOligno was drafted 11 spots after.
Stewart is the kind of guy that is drafted in the 15-30 range and is developped well. Kinda like TJ Oshie.
There's quite a few players like that in this year's draft between 12-30.

1271st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NJ and Pittsburgh now tied, hopefully Pittsburgh wins their next 2 and the Devils win 1 of 2.

1281st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Yup. Don't look now, but it might be NJ now. Pittsburgh has the easier schedule with Atlanta and NYI again. NJ has NYI and the Sabres.

Bah....we're guaranteed only 5th spot now. No home-ice 1st Round Opponents - Page 9 446866

1291st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Man, I really hope it's the Pens we face. Not that I think we can beat them no problem or anything, but I'm more nervous meeting a NJ team in the 1st round.

On another note, Brodeur has lost his last 3 playoff series...so maybe there's still a chance if we meet them.

Time will tell.

1301st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Am I the only one who is really nervous about losing Kovalev for the playoffs? I know he hasn't been that great lately, but I think he would be on another level in the playoffs.

I hope he's not really hurt that bad, the hit didn't look too bad, I don't know how he got hurt really...

Fingers crossed that he's okay. FingersCrossed

1311st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensGirl11 wrote:Am I the only one who is really nervous about losing Kovalev for the playoffs? I know he hasn't been that great lately, but I think he would be on another level in the playoffs.

I hope he's not really hurt that bad, the hit didn't look too bad, I don't know how he got hurt really...

I hope he's OK as well, purely for depth reasons though. We have no idea how he'll be in the playoffs. Sure, we can all dream and hope he'll magically "click" in the post season and turn it on and light it up... but really, there's been no evidence of that with him in a Sens uniform. I'm fully expecting the same old Kovalev that we've seen all season long... frustrating to watch with flashes of brilliance every now and then, and never really costing us a game.

1321st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Am I the only one who is really nervous about losing Kovalev for the playoffs? I know he hasn't been that great lately, but I think he would be on another level in the playoffs.

I hope he's OK as well, purely for depth reasons though. We have no idea how he'll be in the playoffs. Sure, we can all dream and hope he'll magically "click" in the post season and turn it on and light it up... but really, there's been no evidence of that with him in a Sens uniform. I'm fully expecting the same old Kovalev that we've seen all season long... frustrating to watch with flashes of brilliance every now and then, and never really costing us a game.

You're right, I don't know why I'm thinking he'll magically show up when he hasn't really done so this season. Thanks Shabbs, you definitely made me feel a little better about the situation. Smile We've won no problem without him, so if he's out it shouldn't hurt too much.

1331st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:05 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
When does Donovan draw in the lineup? We need him to be fresh, he's a difference maker for sure.

1341st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensGirl11 wrote:You're right, I don't know why I'm thinking he'll magically show up when he hasn't really done so this season. Thanks Shabbs, you definitely made me feel a little better about the situation. Smile We've won no problem without him, so if he's out it shouldn't hurt too much.
Heh. Was that a bit tongue in cheek SensGirl? Was looking for the winking emoticon... Wink I'll feel better if the injury is nothing to worry about and he's fine. I'd like him to have every opportunity to step it up in the post season and prove me wrong.

1351st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:You're right, I don't know why I'm thinking he'll magically show up when he hasn't really done so this season. Thanks Shabbs, you definitely made me feel a little better about the situation. Smile We've won no problem without him, so if he's out it shouldn't hurt too much.
Heh. Was that a bit tongue in cheek SensGirl? Was looking for the winking emoticon... Wink I'll feel better if the injury is nothing to worry about and he's fine. I'd like him to have every opportunity to step it up in the post season and prove me wrong.

Wink I just need a little reassuring about the situation to be honest. I was really nervous when I saw him go down.

I hope he's okay too, but we should still be somewhat okay without him. It would be much much better obviously if he was in the lineup though. I truly hope he's okay. If for some reason he's out of the lineup for the first round or first few games, hopefully we can pull through. With the way Fish and Spezza and Alfie and even Neil have been playing of late, we should be quite solid in the 1st round. Not to mention, Kelly, Regin, Foligno turning it on too.

1361st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Cullen and Michalek are fantastic together too. That one shift by Cullen last night was just silly, I can't believe we didn't score there.

1371st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, we're in 5th spot no matter what now. We just have to wait and see if it's New Jersey or Pittsburgh in the first round. They both have the exact same record (46-27-7 for a total of 99 points) with two games remaining. Jersey holds the tie breaker and sits on top of the division... for now.

Pitt close out with games against Atlanta and the Islanders (both on the road).

Jersey closes out with games against the Islanders and Buffalo (both at home).

Hmmm...

1381st Round Opponents - Page 9 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:30 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:When does Donovan draw in the lineup? We need him to be fresh, he's a difference maker for sure.

I think he draws in for the last game. I mean, its the last game of the season, he hasn't played in god knows how long, and shannon hasn't been all that great either.

I also thought Kovalev would be at another level for the playoffs....but sadly he's stuck on 49 pts, and went into the olympic break at 47 pts.....that is horrible. I know he's hit tons of posts along the way, but this is Jonathon Cheechoo terrible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum