You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 1st Round Opponents

1st Round Opponents

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

311st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:This could be our first round match up (thanks to Dash):
1st Round Opponents - Page 3 Leave_10

Let the trash talking start early.

1st Round Opponents - Page 3 62136 Nice work Dash

321st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:hehe they don't feel like that for habs games, you're right. But the actual gameplay was kinda dull though, in retrospect.

Point is: we win boring games, we win run and gun games. Bring it on! 1st Round Opponents - Page 3 797712

Good point. Even better point (not to compete) is I hardly ever find it boring when they win Smile They just happen to play boring and lose against the Devils. And I hate that.

331st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:This could be our first round match up (thanks to Dash):
1st Round Opponents - Page 3 Leave_10

Let the trash talking start early.

1st Round Opponents - Page 3 62136 Nice work Dash

You could go over to the playoff avatar thread and + him.

341st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Done.

Whoever the sens play, I just hope they don't put up a mural at SBP of the handshake line like they did last time. Dumbest idea by the sens organization and it just added fuel to the penguins' fire 1st Round Opponents - Page 3 489887

351st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Done.

Whoever the sens play, I just hope they don't put up a mural at SBP of the handshake line like they did last time. Dumbest idea by the sens organization and it just added fuel to the penguins' fire 1st Round Opponents - Page 3 489887

Agreed. Although to be fair, it would not have made much of a difference.

361st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Well, this kinda blows that we lost yesterday. With that loss, the sens can get a maximum of 97 points, and buffalo has 4 games to get another 2 points. I know its a foregone conclusion that we won't catch buffalo, so meh.

With the loss, the only way the senators can get home ice advantage for the first round is if they win their reamaining games and one of NJ and Pens (both with 97 pts) lose in regulation their remaining games (4 for NJ, 4 for Pens).

so technically now, we have a slightly better chance of winning northeast than attaining 4th place, and winning northeast was impossible from the start. Plus Sens need 1 pt to guarantee a spot no less than 5th.

5th place it is. It's gonna be a tough one for sure. 1st Round Opponents - Page 3 663118

371st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:11 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
I'm fine with 5th. I think we can beat either the Pens or Devils. I'd much prefer 6th so we could play the Sabres, but 5th may mean we dodge the Caps until the ECF if Montreal were to upset Buffalo.

In an ideal world, that happens and the 7th seed beats the 2nd seed, so the 7th seed gets the Caps in round 2 and we'd get the Habs.

381st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
hemlock wrote:I'm fine with 5th. I think we can beat either the Pens or Devils. I'd much prefer 6th so we could play the Sabres, but 5th may mean we dodge the Caps until the ECF if Montreal were to upset Buffalo.

In an ideal world, that happens and the 7th seed beats the 2nd seed, so the 7th seed gets the Caps in round 2 and we'd get the Habs.

Habs in the 2nd, eh? Definitely counting the chicks a little early, but I like this. We would get home ice, right?

391st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:24 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:I'm fine with 5th. I think we can beat either the Pens or Devils. I'd much prefer 6th so we could play the Sabres, but 5th may mean we dodge the Caps until the ECF if Montreal were to upset Buffalo.

Habs in the 2nd, eh? Definitely counting the chicks a little early, but I like this. We would get home ice, right?

Under the (improbable) scenario I posted, yes, we'd have home ice in Round two as the 2nd highest seed remaining. Seeds 2-3-4 would all be eliminated in Round 1.

401st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Honest to God, if winning the division ment we had to play MTL in the first round, Im glad we missed out. That is a team that scares me because they have enough tallent and goaltending to beat The Sens, not to mention "home games" would be split 50/50 at best.

NJ is a solid 1st round matchup, that's a team where Ottawa will be tested and you dont have a lot of things to distract them in terms of the opponite or the fans. NJ you know what you are getting and you know they are beatable.

411st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NJ scares me. If they score a few goals first on us and then go into shutdown mode we're going to lose. Plus, I think Brodeur will show up this year and be tough to beat.

Only way we could win against NJ is if we come out aggressive and play most of the game in their end and take advantage of their mistakes. I have my doubts if the Sens could do that for a solid 60.

Pittsburgh seems much more beatable.

421st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Pittsburgh and New Jersey are beatable. We know what makes us tick. Our players know what role they are asked to play and they can play that role to a tee. We have seen that throughout this season.

New Jersey plays the same game they have for decades, nothing new with them. The gameplan is out there to beat them.

Pittsburgh is healthy and will be tough to beat. Can we beat them playing our game, yep, but it will be tough.

431st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
My gut feeling says Pittsburgh will be upset in the first round. I think they got a little bit cocky this year and time might be right for them to bow out early.

441st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:NJ scares me. If they score a few goals first on us and then go into shutdown mode we're going to lose. Plus, I think Brodeur will show up this year and be tough to beat.

Only way we could win against NJ is if we come out aggressive and play most of the game in their end and take advantage of their mistakes. I have my doubts if the Sens could do that for a solid 60.

Pittsburgh seems much more beatable.

I'm a little nervous about NJ as well. They should be about us too, but they've been through it so many times and have such a stifling system.

451st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'd be more nervous about the Ottawa Senators beating themselves than anything else. Fraudeur is the least of our worries.

461st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd be more nervous about the Ottawa Senators beating themselves than anything else. Fraudeur is the least of our worries.

That too. They need to make sure they stick to Clouston's gameplan at every turn, or they'll be frustrated and as you say, beat themselves.

471st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:25 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd be more nervous about the Ottawa Senators beating themselves than anything else. Fraudeur is the least of our worries.

That too. They need to make sure they stick to Clouston's gameplan at every turn, or they'll be frustrated and as you say, beat themselves.

Fraudeur is still capable of being awesome in the playoffs....I'm always scared to predict against him. I just think Fleury has actually been a little worse than fraudeur (since olympic break), which could give us an edge.

Tough call for sure otherwise. Its a pure offensive game or defensive game we'd play against. If we keep that forecheck going, I think penguins would be the better option...more prone to mistakes

481st Round Opponents - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Here's how I want the East to end up:

Washinsgton
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
New Jersey
Ottawa
Montreal
Philadelphia
New York

Washington vs New York- Rematch of last year's first round, but this time the Rags have Gaborik

Pittsburgh-Philly- Rematch of last year's first round, bitter rivals

Buffalo-Montreal-good divisonal rivalry, could go either way

New Jersey-Ottawa- Old friends facing off again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum