You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

GAME 2 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday Apr. 16, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:Elliott will need to be better though... hopefully the Game 1 jitters are all cleared out. First playoff game ever for the kid... he did great all things considered.

ya, it's tough, looked like he was screened on 3 of the 4 goals.. I guess that's why they always say that goalies need to look big... basically to decrease the chances of a screened shot going in.

Good news.. MAF played worst.

Guest


Guest
In it's simpliest form, it seemed like Cloustons strategy was lots of pressure, finish checks and put the puck on the net. All are completely fine with me.

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DirtyDave wrote:In it's simpliest form, it seemed like Cloustons strategy was lots of pressure, finish checks and put the puck on the net. All are completely fine with me.

Well he was quoted saying they'll finish their checks twice in the same quote. Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DirtyDave wrote:In it's simpliest form, it seemed like Cloustons strategy was lots of pressure, finish checks and put the puck on the net. All are completely fine with me.
If they can work on giving Elliott a better view of the puck by clearing bodies... I think that will go a long way. Pens had two guys in the crease all night long.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Elliott will need to be better though... hopefully the Game 1 jitters are all cleared out. First playoff game ever for the kid... he did great all things considered.

I'm so glad for Elliott that his first two playoff games are on the road and that he's got his first win already. It will make it a lot easier to come home for his first home game regardless of how Friday night goes. Jitters will be gone and the pressure of getting that first win under his belt will be gone as well; all before he has his first home playoff game too.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Elliott will need to be better though... hopefully the Game 1 jitters are all cleared out. First playoff game ever for the kid... he did great all things considered.

I'm so glad for Elliott that his first two playoff games are on the road and that he's got his first win already. It will make it a lot easier to come home for his first home game regardless of how Friday night goes. Jitters will be gone and the pressure of getting that first win under his belt will be gone as well; all before he has his first home playoff game too.

For sure.. there's so many positives about winning the first game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Twitter is abuzz with Michalek's injury... people are worried he's done for the playoffs... he'll be re-evaluated today... gulp.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Twitter is abuzz with Michalek's injury... people are worried he's done for the playoffs... he'll be re-evaluated today... gulp.

That's so scary, we don't need to lose another top 6 guy. This sucks. I hope he's okay. He looked like he was hurting even before that hit, so I don't know what to expect.

Thank goodness for Neil, Kelly and Ruutu, that's all I gotta say.

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

you see his hit on Malkin? I'd love to be able to see that again.. that kid is awesome. My friend I was watching it with said he say Karlsson give Malkin an extra cross check when he was down... love it!

Guest


Guest
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Twitter is abuzz with Michalek's injury... people are worried he's done for the playoffs... he'll be re-evaluated today... gulp.

That's so scary, we don't need to lose another top 6 guy. This sucks. I hope he's okay. He looked like he was hurting even before that hit, so I don't know what to expect.

Thank goodness for Neil, Kelly and Ruutu, that's all I gotta say.

I was starting to really enjoy watching Cullen and Michalek together on the same line.. so much speed.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What pissed me off was Malkin chirping at the Sens bench after the first goal of the game... a bit early in the game to be doing that buddy... and it came back to bite him in the Donkey.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
NOTES: Elliott is 3-0 in Mellon Arena. ... Crosby has two goals in 17 regular-season games against Ottawa, the fewest he has scored against an Eastern Conference opponent. ... The team that won Game 1 won both Senators-Penguins series in 2007 and 2008. The teams split, with Ottawa winning in five in '07 and Pittsburgh sweeping the following year. ... Five of the last 10 Stanley Cup winners were gone by the end of the first round or did not make the playoffs. ... The Penguins were 2-2 in Game 1s last spring. They came back to beat Washington in the second round and Detroit in the finals. ... Pittsburgh had won its last five home playoff games. ... Ottawa was 2 of 3 on the power play after ranking No. 20 during the season, while Pittsburgh -- ranked 19th -- was 2 of 5.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

I thought exactly what you were thinking. He's taking too long. The thing is if he hadn't then he may have shot it into Fleury instead of roofing it. That goal took long enough for me to be nervous about it for sure.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
DirtyDave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Twitter is abuzz with Michalek's injury... people are worried he's done for the playoffs... he'll be re-evaluated today... gulp.

That's so scary, we don't need to lose another top 6 guy. This sucks. I hope he's okay. He looked like he was hurting even before that hit, so I don't know what to expect.

Thank goodness for Neil, Kelly and Ruutu, that's all I gotta say.

I was starting to really enjoy watching Cullen and Michalek together on the same line.. so much speed.

I know, I think they could have really built something there. I really hope he'll be oka, but i dont' think he is...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
BTW guys I have a post game analysis thread up if we want to break down last nights game more we can do it here. I'm making a conscious effort to tweet more so I thought we should have a new thread up to talk post game stuff.

http://bit.ly/b7e4PQ


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Did anyone else feel like Karlsson's goal was in ultra slow motion? When I was watching it... I could not believe how long it seemed to take for him to put it in as he settled the puck, shifted it to his right and put it in... I think I had time to jump up, yell, and then worry that MAF was going to get across cuz he was taking too long... surreal... great to see him get his first ever NHL playoff goal. Whew.

It was definitely odd for sure, it seemed extremely slow, they gave him all the time in the world to get that shot off. Thank goodness they did, otherwise I'm not sure we would have scored there. He had to be sure that it was going to go in, smart play, but it could have definitely cost us.

He looked awesome last night, he single handedly saved us a goal too, very impressive.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW guys I have a post game analysis thread up if we want to break down last nights game more we can do it here. I'm making a conscious effort to tweet more so I thought we should have a new thread up to talk post game stuff.

http://bit.ly/b7e4PQ
Heh. Game 2 thread opened up before this one... and caught all the traffic... I suppose we could be like the "other guys" and close the original GDT and open a PGT... and then wait a bit to fire up the next GDT.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum