GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » All things PLAYOFFS! » Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh

Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:I retract my comments about Kelly and Ruutu and Neil as being the most expensive line. I realize my error in judgement and I admit being wrong. They are exactly the guys we need. We have two lines that should be scoring, and two full lines that will drive the other team mad and shut them down - AND they were the ones scoring. How's that!!

I said Elliott needs to be better. What's wrong with that? He could have been better for sure, and would be a huge help to the team if he saved a few of those goals (the backhander from Adams). He got the job done, and I fully believe that it was first playoff game jitters. Shake it off and play like we know you are fully capable off and beyond.

Totally agree here. It's not worth arguing your point about Elliott with N4L. He could let in 4 soft goals and have a .600 save percentage and he'd still say he doesn't need to improve at all as long as the Sens win. It could be a 9-8 final. It wouldn't matter.
\

500 save % and 16 W's, dont care. He found a way to win. That's what a good goaltender does.

Is there a point in argueing with me on that, nope there isnt. I'll take the goalie who wins over Turco who had somehting like a 920 save % and 3 SO in one series and lost. All that matters are the wins, that's it.

Elliott has won on every level and is starting to win in The NHL on every level now as well.

How many Cup winning goalies have an 800 save percentage and 4 GAA in the playoffs?

I bet Fuhr has something below 900 and a GAA around 4 in one of the playoff runs. Point being is that wont be the norm every game and if The Sens dont clear the front of the net and stop taking minors, they will be in trouble.

Point being is he found a way to win, that's all that matters right now.

I think you're not giving enough credit to the guys that scored the 5 goals. Elliott is the goalie that was in the net when the Sens won but it was far from all him finding a way to win.

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Im not calling out anyone in particular here, but between posts Ive read on other sites, here, and the post game show last night, people reaaaaaaally need to shut up. You have a playoff rookie who just beat The Champs in their own barn and didnt play his best. He made big saves when he had to and never gave up a lead in his first game.

Ottawa fans really need perspective when it comes to goaltending, it's awful here.

It took me literally 45 seconds to turn off the post game show last night. Diddle people are sad. All they were doing was moaning about Elliott.

45 seconds. That's a new record - even for the 1200 post game. They need to RESTRICT callers and talk amongst themselves or read e-mails. They really do. That show sucks now.

I stopped listening after they constantly kept bending over a barrell for some guy called "irish tommy". Seriously, whyyyy do the idiots get special treatment?

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Im not calling out anyone in particular here, but between posts Ive read on other sites, here, and the post game show last night, people reaaaaaaally need to shut up. You have a playoff rookie who just beat The Champs in their own barn and didnt play his best. He made big saves when he had to and never gave up a lead in his first game.

Ottawa fans really need perspective when it comes to goaltending, it's awful here.

That was definitely far from Elliott's A game and only one goal he maybe should have had. I guess you're taking offense to the fact that people are saying he needs to be better when he won the game? We're not saying he should have been better in game one. He absolutely did what he needed to and got the job done despite being less than his usually stellar self over the last 30 games.

When we say we think he needs to be better we're saying it anticipating a much stronger game and more ferocious attack on the part of the Pens in game two.

Elliott needs to outplay the other guy and give his team a chance to win, that's it. If people want to look at stats, well they will take care of themselves. All Elliott has to do is win, that's his job and he does it pretty well.

People are screaming about Flurry and Brodure yet they both cost their teams last night, funny how this works in Ottawa. Just so sick of ignorant fans calling out a goalie and saying we need Brodure of Flurry. Elliott has outplayed them both so far.

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:I retract my comments about Kelly and Ruutu and Neil as being the most expensive line. I realize my error in judgement and I admit being wrong. They are exactly the guys we need. We have two lines that should be scoring, and two full lines that will drive the other team mad and shut them down - AND they were the ones scoring. How's that!!

I said Elliott needs to be better. What's wrong with that? He could have been better for sure, and would be a huge help to the team if he saved a few of those goals (the backhander from Adams). He got the job done, and I fully believe that it was first playoff game jitters. Shake it off and play like we know you are fully capable off and beyond.

Totally agree here. It's not worth arguing your point about Elliott with N4L. He could let in 4 soft goals and have a .600 save percentage and he'd still say he doesn't need to improve at all as long as the Sens win. It could be a 9-8 final. It wouldn't matter.
\

500 save % and 16 W's, dont care. He found a way to win. That's what a good goaltender does.

Is there a point in argueing with me on that, nope there isnt. I'll take the goalie who wins over Turco who had somehting like a 920 save % and 3 SO in one series and lost. All that matters are the wins, that's it.

Elliott has won on every level and is starting to win in The NHL on every level now as well.

How many Cup winning goalies have an 800 save percentage and 4 GAA in the playoffs?

I bet Fuhr has something below 900 and a GAA around 4 in one of the playoff runs. Point being is that wont be the norm every game and if The Sens dont clear the front of the net and stop taking minors, they will be in trouble.

Point being is he found a way to win, that's all that matters right now.

I think you're not giving enough credit to the guys that scored the 5 goals. Elliott is the goalie that was in the net when the Sens won but it was far from all him finding a way to win.

I think N4L's point is that people should stop complaining about Elliotts play and just be happy he got the win. did he do it single handley - no.. but Sens are up 1-0.. Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Page 4 649241

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
I can say today is a good day at work. I've been hearing about how we're getting swept for days now.

If the Sens pull off an upset, I'll be driving downtown to Mellon and getting a picture in front of it with my Sens sweater on.

If they go out in round 2, I'm ok, my year will be made.

I am so happy they kept Clouston over crazy eyes.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
I think elliot settled down alot after the 1st period. Its tough to fault him on 3 goals that were screened or deflected shots, but he seems to have trouble with the backhanders. Reminded me of that shot from St. louis in tampa last week. He's gotta find a way to stop those, that would have really taken the wind out of the penguins attack. But, first playoff game, I think he's gonna improve.

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
Honestly, Elliot played an ok game. But for him, he's usually a little more on the ball. He made some great saves for us, and thats great! But he needs to just be a little less jittery. Elliot definitely outplayed Fleury though! So great work! I am hoping this game gives the guy some confidence!

Guest


Guest
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can say today is a good day at work. I've been hearing about how we're getting swept for days now.

If the Sens pull off an upset, I'll be driving downtown to Mellon and getting a picture in front of it with my Sens sweater on.

If they go out in round 2, I'm ok, my year will be made.

I am so happy they kept Clouston over crazy eyes.


If they beat Pitts I think they'll go pretty far.

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:I retract my comments about Kelly and Ruutu and Neil as being the most expensive line. I realize my error in judgement and I admit being wrong. They are exactly the guys we need. We have two lines that should be scoring, and two full lines that will drive the other team mad and shut them down - AND they were the ones scoring. How's that!!

I said Elliott needs to be better. What's wrong with that? He could have been better for sure, and would be a huge help to the team if he saved a few of those goals (the backhander from Adams). He got the job done, and I fully believe that it was first playoff game jitters. Shake it off and play like we know you are fully capable off and beyond.

Totally agree here. It's not worth arguing your point about Elliott with N4L. He could let in 4 soft goals and have a .600 save percentage and he'd still say he doesn't need to improve at all as long as the Sens win. It could be a 9-8 final. It wouldn't matter.
\

500 save % and 16 W's, dont care. He found a way to win. That's what a good goaltender does.

Is there a point in argueing with me on that, nope there isnt. I'll take the goalie who wins over Turco who had somehting like a 920 save % and 3 SO in one series and lost. All that matters are the wins, that's it.

Elliott has won on every level and is starting to win in The NHL on every level now as well.

How many Cup winning goalies have an 800 save percentage and 4 GAA in the playoffs?

I bet Fuhr has something below 900 and a GAA around 4 in one of the playoff runs. Point being is that wont be the norm every game and if The Sens dont clear the front of the net and stop taking minors, they will be in trouble.

Point being is he found a way to win, that's all that matters right now.

I think you're not giving enough credit to the guys that scored the 5 goals. Elliott is the goalie that was in the net when the Sens won but it was far from all him finding a way to win.

The guys in front of him did their job, but besides the one backhand goal, how many of the ones that went in did he see? If you're going to stand in front of the goalie, block the shot or let him see it, one or the other. Ottawa's D in their own zone besides Karlsson wasnt all that great. The forwards were fantastic, but point being the lead the forwards got for The Sens was never let go of by Elliott, that's what matters when you are talking about the goaltender, he found a way to get his job done.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
BTW Fuhr's highest GAA of 5.05 came in 81/82 losing 3 and winning 2

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.



Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can say today is a good day at work. I've been hearing about how we're getting swept for days now.

If the Sens pull off an upset, I'll be driving downtown to Mellon and getting a picture in front of it with my Sens sweater on.

If they go out in round 2, I'm ok, my year will be made.

I am so happy they kept Clouston over crazy eyes.

Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Page 4 270956 Which one was crazy eyes? Fartsburg?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW Fuhr's highest GAA in a playoff was 3.45, save percentage of 894, with arecord of 3 wins and 4 losses in 88/89.

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.

Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Page 4 270956 Wow, that's amazing. Lucky he had a great team in front on him.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
DirtyDave wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can say today is a good day at work. I've been hearing about how we're getting swept for days now.

If the Sens pull off an upset, I'll be driving downtown to Mellon and getting a picture in front of it with my Sens sweater on.

If they go out in round 2, I'm ok, my year will be made.

I am so happy they kept Clouston over crazy eyes.


If they beat Pitts I think they'll go pretty far.

I just want my trifecta: Canada Gold, Pens out first round, Caps out first round. 2010 = success

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
has there been any update on michaleks status???

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can say today is a good day at work. I've been hearing about how we're getting swept for days now.

If the Sens pull off an upset, I'll be driving downtown to Mellon and getting a picture in front of it with my Sens sweater on.

If they go out in round 2, I'm ok, my year will be made.

I am so happy they kept Clouston over crazy eyes.

Post game analysis - Game 1, Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Page 4 270956 Which one was crazy eyes? Fartsburg?

MEatley

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW Fuhr's highest GAA of 5.05 came in 81/82 losing 3 and winning 2

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.

Decent but not mind blowing statistics for his best years. Point is he made the saves when it matterd, 5 cup rings to show for it.

Guest


Guest
Remember Kevin Lee... that guy was so Diddling negetive towards the Sens and he was supposed to be a fan.. what an Donkey.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW Fuhr's highest GAA of 5.05 came in 81/82 losing 3 and winning 2

His three most successful playoffs in terms of total wins were

84/85 GAA 3.12 save percentage not found
86/87 GAA 2.47 save percentage not found
87/88 GAA 2.91 save perentage of 883.

Decent but not mind blowing statistics for his best years. Point is he made the saves when it matterd, 5 cup rings to show for it.

Indeed but far enough away from 4 GAA and 810 save percentage to prove my point.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum