You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » All Playoff talk all the time.

All Playoff talk all the time.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

61All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 am

Guest


Guest
SensGirl11 wrote:You might get a minus from someone for that one. Quick add the All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 159628

i get a minus i get a minus... it's what i think. theres many other players i rather have then him.

62All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:35 am

SensGirl11


Mod
Mod
DirtyDave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:he's over rated... worst contract ever.. he's going to burn himself out and be out of the league in less than 10 years if he keeps playing that hard.

Overrated??!!! .....

yup.. hurts his team with too long shifts.. gets tired on those shifts and then takes dumb penalties..

Fair enough, I still wouldn't call him overrated though. But we all have our opinions.

63All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:35 am

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
Honestly, the same thing happened with Ovie in the olympics. He sorta just disappeared.

While ovie is an AMAZING player, no one can deny that, he's got the points to prove it. I don't think he's an all around player. He may get more points than many players, but I think he's a little selfish (ok, maybe thats not the right word, i'm not sure what is) but he rubs me the wrong way.

I'm sure he will come out next game. But we shall see. I still hope Habs beat the Caps it will almost for sure make me win the hockey pool I'm in. And that will teach my bf to make me pick my team in the midst of a sleep before having to get up early! hehehe...

64All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 am

Guest


Guest
SensGirl11 wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:he's over rated... worst contract ever.. he's going to burn himself out and be out of the league in less than 10 years if he keeps playing that hard.

Overrated??!!! .....

yup.. hurts his team with too long shifts.. gets tired on those shifts and then takes dumb penalties..

Fair enough, I still wouldn't call him overrated though. But we all have our opinions.

Pierre M rates him excessively high.. so using how high PM holds him, i'd say overated...

65All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
How about that Samuelsson too?! Woah! That guy is pure clutch in the playoffs, what a pick up for Vancouver.

66All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
For sure, one of the best off season signings. Great regular season, and he is an experienced playoff guy from his days in Detroit. He's now getting top 6 minutes in Vancouver and it is showing why.

67All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Are the Hawks and Preds playing back to back this series. I find it extremely unfair that they got to start 2 days later than everyone.
Not sure what was up with that... perhaps issues with booking venues? Or perhaps the networks wanted to stagger certain games...

Well, the only way it would be fair is if they play back to back. It would really mess things up for teams that will be waiting for them to finish the series to start the 2nd round. We know what a long break can do to momentum.
They don't have any back to back games...

Chicago (2) vs. Nashville (7)

Friday Game: Nashville at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 18: Nashville at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20: Chicago at Nashville, 9 p.m.
Thursday, April 22: Chicago at Nashville, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 24: x-Nashville at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Monday, April 26: x-Chicago at Nashville, TBA
Wednesday, April 28: Nashville at Chicago, TBA

Hmmm...not a fan of that. Oh well, what can you do eh?
Heh.

The Harlem Globetrotters are the culprit... and they're also impacting the Van/LA series...

68All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SensGal wrote:Honestly, the same thing happened with Ovie in the olympics. He sorta just disappeared.

While ovie is an AMAZING player, no one can deny that, he's got the points to prove it. I don't think he's an all around player. He may get more points than many players, but I think he's a little selfish (ok, maybe thats not the right word, i'm not sure what is) but he rubs me the wrong way.

I'm sure he will come out next game. But we shall see. I still hope Habs beat the Caps it will almost for sure make me win the hockey pool I'm in. And that will teach my bf to make me pick my team in the midst of a sleep before having to get up early! hehehe...

He's flashy. He's a hot dog. He's a prick. But he's not selfish.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

69All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
Ok, maybe flashy and prick are the words I was going for. Either way, not a fan. But I like the "good" guys. lol. Like Fisher and Iginla. lol.

70All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
[quote="shabbs"
Heh.

The Harlem Globetrotters are the culprit... and they're also impacting the Van/LA series...[/quote]

Remember when Dora the Explorer pushed the Sens schedule? Reminds me of a line from Modern Family in this week's episode. Mitchell (who is not adjusting very well to a stay-a-home-dad-role):

Itís Cameronís turn to be out in the world, interacting with other
adults. While I get to stay at home and plot the death of Dora the
ExplorerÖ. Fill her backpack with bricks and throw her into Candy Cane
river.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

71All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Guest


Guest
wprager wrote:
SensGal wrote:Honestly, the same thing happened with Ovie in the olympics. He sorta just disappeared.

While ovie is an AMAZING player, no one can deny that, he's got the points to prove it. I don't think he's an all around player. He may get more points than many players, but I think he's a little selfish (ok, maybe thats not the right word, i'm not sure what is) but he rubs me the wrong way.

I'm sure he will come out next game. But we shall see. I still hope Habs beat the Caps it will almost for sure make me win the hockey pool I'm in. And that will teach my bf to make me pick my team in the midst of a sleep before having to get up early! hehehe...

He's flashy. He's a hot dog. He's a prick. But he's not selfish.

of course he's selfish. i bet most of the A he gets are rebounds from his shots.

72All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

73All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:36 pm

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
Hoags wrote:I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

THe thing is, he shouldn't have to. He should trust the other players on his team. If he's burning himself out, he should let the team help him out. Its a team sport.

74All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
SensGal wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

THe thing is, he shouldn't have to. He should trust the other players on his team. If he's burning himself out, he should let the team help him out. Its a team sport.

True, but he's AO, plain and simple. That's him, that's why they give him all the ice time, that's why he can score 50+ goals on any given year. He's amazing. He's the captain. He's the team, all him. He's lucky to have Backstrom with him, that definitely helps matters, but really it's all AO. He's heart and soul. There's something wrong with him this year, this isn't like him at all.

75All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

Well, most times he can do it all himself. Am I wrong? He's done it how many times? He's won games all on his own before.

76All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:56 pm

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
SensGirl11 wrote:
SensGal wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

THe thing is, he shouldn't have to. He should trust the other players on his team. If he's burning himself out, he should let the team help him out. Its a team sport.

True, but he's AO, plain and simple. That's him, that's why they give him all the ice time, that's why he can score 50+ goals on any given year. He's amazing. He's the captain. He's the team, all him. He's lucky to have Backstrom with him, that definitely helps matters, but really it's all AO. He's heart and soul. There's something wrong with him this year, this isn't like him at all.

I gotta disagree. The Caps have AMAZING forwards. Its not just Ovie. You take Ovie out of the equation, and add in some solid defence you still have an amazing team. I hate when people say without this one player the team would be no one. Because without Ovie, you still have Backstrom (101 points), Semin (84 points), Green (76 points). You have 6 OTHER players who have over 50 points this regular season. The team also only lost 3 games in a like 13 game stretch without Ovie.

If you simply take out Ovie's goals, the Caps are still the highest goal scoring team out there. That team ISN'T just ovie. While he is an amazing player, there is NO denying that. The team doesn't need to depend on him, and he doesn't need to do it himself. Yes he can sometimes make great plays alone, but he has a team full of amazing forwards.

77All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 pm

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
I'm going to throw in a little note.

So Caps have 7 (including Ovie) over 50 points guys. Sens have 3.

78All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
SensGal wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SensGal wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Ovie is guilty of trying too hard and the pressure of expectations on him, the Caps (and Team Russia earlier this year) are getting to him.

He's trying to do everything himself, and he can't.

THe thing is, he shouldn't have to. He should trust the other players on his team. If he's burning himself out, he should let the team help him out. Its a team sport.

True, but he's AO, plain and simple. That's him, that's why they give him all the ice time, that's why he can score 50+ goals on any given year. He's amazing. He's the captain. He's the team, all him. He's lucky to have Backstrom with him, that definitely helps matters, but really it's all AO. He's heart and soul. There's something wrong with him this year, this isn't like him at all.

I gotta disagree. The Caps have AMAZING forwards. Its not just Ovie. You take Ovie out of the equation, and add in some solid defence you still have an amazing team. I hate when people say without this one player the team would be no one. Because without Ovie, you still have Backstrom (101 points), Semin (84 points), Green (76 points). You have 6 OTHER players who have over 50 points this regular season. The team also only lost 3 games in a like 13 game stretch without Ovie.

If you simply take out Ovie's goals, the Caps are still the highest goal scoring team out there. That team ISN'T just ovie. While he is an amazing player, there is NO denying that. The team doesn't need to depend on him, and he doesn't need to do it himself. Yes he can sometimes make great plays alone, but he has a team full of amazing forwards.

Their D is terrible. Really it is. Green should probably be a forward because he certainly doesn't have a defensive side to him. They wouldn't be nearly as good without Ovechkin really. Not even close. Sure Backstrom could still be awesome without him, but I'm not convinced that Semin would have the same firepower. Yesterday's game is the perfect example. They can't win without him playing his best. I guarantee they don't win this series if he doesn't step up soon. You'll see.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum