You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 10:34 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He's right, his team is not playing well at all, they have no defence right now and they are taking stupid penalties every two minutes.

We should have a poll on this site, because I really don't see anybody else here calling him an average goalie and not a franchise goalie. If we had him in the Cup Finals against Anaheim, we win. Not that your completely wrong in calling him a bit overrated, but to he is still a franchise goalie. I don't see the Canucks making the playoffs with Raycroft as their starting goalie.

Plus, he is a leader, he is well-known for it. Mark Messier even gave him the Mark Messier Leadership Award in 2007. He also has:

2 World Championship Golds
1 World Cup
1 Memorial Cup appearance
1 Olympic Gold
1 Vezina nominee
1 Lester B. Pearson nominee (from the players)
4 All-Star games
51 shutouts
career .918 sv %

Also, his stats are actually better in the postseason. You can fault him for not making some saves here and there, but his team in fron of him lets him down.

He may not be the best goalie right now, but he is still a top goaltender in this league. Just take away the captaincy to stop putting the blame always on him.

If somehow he's on the trading block, there will be dozens of teams at Gillis' door.

EDIT: This doesn't mean I think he's been playing up to his ability in this series, Niemi has been better. Luongo needs to play like he did in game 1.

977All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 10:52 am

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
just like last year when he needs to make a save he doesnt he lets the hawks get in his head and throw him off his game. he was lucky he didnt cost us the game against the slovaks with late weak goals let alone the late weak goal against the us that forced canada to overtime defense can only do so much but when the a horrific goal is let in it leads the defense and the team to try and do too much because they dont have the faith in the goalie

978All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 11:24 am

hemlock

All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:Luongo's been awful. The team is scoring goals, the problem is stopping them. The series is over, and Canada's hopes now lie with one team.

GO SENS GO!

979All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 11:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:just like last year when he needs to make a save he doesnt he lets the hawks get in his head and throw him off his game. he was lucky he didnt cost us the game against the slovaks with late weak goals let alone the late weak goal against the us that forced canada to overtime defense can only do so much but when the a horrific goal is let in it leads the defense and the team to try and do too much because they dont have the faith in the goalie

I agree somehwat with this, because last night his brutal first goal scored at the 18 second mark set the tone for the whole game.

They should make a decision on their goaltending int he off-season, because they have a more than capable prospect in Corey Schneider waiting in the A.

980All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
Dash wrote:Luongo's been awful. The team is scoring goals, the problem is stopping them. The series is over, and Canada's hopes now lie with one team.

GO SENS GO!

I wish.

981All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can Detroit push this to 6 games?

982All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 2:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Can Detroit push this to 6 games?

Indeed.

983All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 2:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Can San Jose survive Detroit's push to 6 games?

Fixed, for accuratenessation.

984All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 3:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Can Detroit push this to 6 games?

Indeed.
Indeed.

985All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm also quite disappointed in Luongo. He needs to step up right now.

986All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Luongo isnt going to step up, if anything has been proven at this point, it's that he cant handle playoff pressure. Making him the captain was the dumbest decision that franchise has made. He might want to own some of things going on because he seems to be deflecting the critisim.

Anyways, they're done.

987All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 6:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does not making the Western Conf Finals equal a failure for the 'Nucks? They finished 3rd overall in the West... with San Jose and Chicago ahead of them... if they go down 4-1... then it's not good... if they can stretch it to 7 games... I think that's more respectable.

988All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Even though some say that they should be the favourites, they were still the underdogs in this series...

Last edited by Big Ev on Sat May 08, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

989All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:Luongo isnt going to step up, if anything has been proven at this point, it's that he cant handle playoff pressure. Making him the captain was the dumbest decision that franchise has made. He might want to own some of things going on because he seems to be deflecting the critisim.

Anyways, they're done.

I think it's stupid to put the 'C' on the goalie, no matter how good his leadership qualities. IMO it should be Kesler or Mitchell.

990All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 6:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The goalie is such a different player than the rest of the team... he's really on his own... and he sees the game form a whole different perspective... it really is an individual sport... and they are a unique breed... wearing the "C" as a goalie is a very risky move.

991All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat May 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Big Ev wrote:Even though some say that they should be the favourites, they were still the underdogs in this series...

Maybe, maybe not. The advantage The Canucks had was in goal, that was going to be the difference. Neimi has been better all regular season and playoff then Luongo. He is supposed to be the difference, and he is, just not in a good way.

992All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Choke nation n'est plus.

Maybe there's hope for Spezza after all All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 663118

993All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sun May 09, 2010 6:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow... Sharks are headed to the Western Conf. Finals...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum