You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa, April 20th, 2010

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 66]

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

I gave you a plus 1 for that comment. Another thing I'm sick of is the Sens making Crosby look better than he is. He's already a good player without making stupid plays around him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

I gave you a plus 1 for that comment. Another thing I'm sick of is the Sens making Crosby look better than he is. He's already a good player without making stupid plays around him.

I've seen Sutton, in particular, act like there's a forcefield around Malkin and Crosby. He'll literally just give them the room they need then try to keep them outside after the fact.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

I gave you a plus 1 for that comment. Another thing I'm sick of is the Sens making Crosby look better than he is. He's already a good player without making stupid plays around him.

I've seen Sutton, in particular, act like there's a forcefield around Malkin and Crosby. He'll literally just give them the room they need then try to keep them outside after the fact.

Totally agree. Did you also notice how politely the Sens give the puck up to Crosby when he comes near as well?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

I gave you a plus 1 for that comment. Another thing I'm sick of is the Sens making Crosby look better than he is. He's already a good player without making stupid plays around him.

I've seen Sutton, in particular, act like there's a forcefield around Malkin and Crosby. He'll literally just give them the room they need then try to keep them outside after the fact.

Totally agree. Did you also notice how politely the Sens give the puck up to Crosby when he comes near as well?

They're nothing if not generous and accommodating. I guess a cross-check to the windpipe is out of the question then. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 105237

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yep, I would have been suspended as a player because I would have tried to decapitate Crosby after that 3rd goal.

Yes, I can be a real sore loser. Real sore.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser wrote:Yep, I would have been suspended as a player because I would have tried to decapitate Crosby after that 3rd goal.

Yes, I can be a real sore loser. Real sore.

Just actually hitting him would be enough.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yep, I would have been suspended as a player because I would have tried to decapitate Crosby after that 3rd goal.

Yes, I can be a real sore loser. Real sore.

Just actually hitting him would be enough.

It would be a nice start, wouldn't it?

Lest we forget, Karlsson is the one who took the first crack at Malkin. Shouldn't someone on his team have taken notice and followed his initiative? The kid tried to establish a tone for the series with his physical limitations and we've seen the physical equivalent of crickets and tumbleweeds ever since.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW, I've been a full season (two half seasons) ticket holder since the year of the lockout and will continue to be one and continue to buy the playoff tickets but it won't stop me from being pissed off when I see the Sens play like they did in game 3 and gift wrap a win for the Pens when they can't afford to give games away.

You should be. In my case, 3 hours of my busy day to watch garbage from a team that I KNOW is better is enough of an investment to entitle me to be royally pissed off.

I gave you a plus 1 for that comment. Another thing I'm sick of is the Sens making Crosby look better than he is. He's already a good player without making stupid plays around him.

I've seen Sutton, in particular, act like there's a forcefield around Malkin and Crosby. He'll literally just give them the room they need then try to keep them outside after the fact.

Exactly, and that my friend is what will lose us this series. You give them that room, you're asking to lose. I can't believe it. What is the deal? Sutton should sit next game, he's not helping our case at all here. He's turned into a big marshmallow.

On another note, I don't want to lose faith in the boys, we've seen them play like Dung and then bounce back before. I will keep what little faith I do have left in them, and see what happens tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow, obviously it's game over. I cant' stand the Pens, I just can't anymore. I hope we don't have to play them again in a series for a very long time, it's such horse Dung.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Oh, and those refs are unbelievable, they were in love with Crosby yesterday. They would've let him get away with murder, literally. And I'm not talking about the hit on Alfie, that was totally fine, just so much other Dung he was doing.

What's the deal? Why can't our guys hit him and Malkin and whoever else has the puck? We were hitting a lot for a while and it was actually working to our advantage, then we get scored on and everyone folds. Dammit!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm staying away from this thread for a while because I'm just fuming over the Sens crappy play and I need to take a breather. I seriously didn't even want to put up this GDT I was so f'n pissed. Thank goodness prager is putting up games 5, and 6 (if needed). If it gets to game 7 I won't mind putting it up because it means the Sens have a pulse.

See you all at the end of this series or maybe for the game 7 GDT.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:Oh, and those refs are unbelievable, they were in love with Crosby yesterday. They would've let him get away with murder, literally. And I'm not talking about the hit on Alfie, that was totally fine, just so much other Dung he was doing.

What's the deal? Why can't our guys hit him and Malkin and whoever else has the puck? We were hitting a lot for a while and it was actually working to our advantage, then we get scored on and everyone folds. Dammit!

Good point. I think the Neil finishing his check on Malkin play that was deemed charging took the wind out of the Sens sails and made them think twice about hitting anyone.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Sens are afraid of getting a penalty so they're shying away from hitting the Pens top players.

Our entire game plan seems to largely center on "Don't end up in the penalty box" whatever the cost.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
the seventh man on the ice

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Mike%20leggoweb

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Number Twenty Nine wrote:the seventh man on the ice

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 Mike%20leggoweb

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd star? GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 3 159628

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like we may see Cheechoo and Donovan in Game 4.

Fire it up!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
I know it's a depressing time right now, but the Sens are still totally in this series. I don't know if we'll win -- this is a pretty tough team we're facing, and there's no doubt who the NHL / officials are pulling for -- but we're not being dominated, that's for sure.

The difference right now is that PIT is burying the few chances they get, while OTT is not. I think we actually spent more time on the attack that PIT last night, or at least more time in their end then in our own. Regin's first goal counts, or Cullen scores on that empty net and it's a different game, or Elliott saves the Guerin breakaway, and it's a whole new game.

We need a big save or two from Elliott, and we need a 4th line that generates physical play. Elliott doesn't need to steal games, just play his regular solid game. Shannon needs to come out for Donovan or Cheechoo, I don't care which -- I like Shannon, just not in that role. And Spezza needs to at least try to match Crosby's compete level.

And if I'm CC, I put a 5-man unit out there against Crosby -- Fisher's line + Phillips and Volchenkov.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum