You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Some changes to the layout of GMH

Some changes to the layout of GMH

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

2Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!

Thanks.

I for one was confused by that and also the thread that stated Minnesota was playing St. Louis is the first round of the playoffs. I was happy, but strangely confused as to what kind of site I had signed up for on the internet.

3Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!

Thanks.

I for one was confused by that and also the thread that stated Minnesota was playing St. Louis is the first round of the playoffs. I was happy, but strangely confused as to what kind of site I had signed up for on the internet.

It's clearly marked SIM and there's really nothing much I can do in that regard.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

4Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

5Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

6Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!

Thanks.

I for one was confused by that and also the thread that stated Minnesota was playing St. Louis is the first round of the playoffs. I was happy, but strangely confused as to what kind of site I had signed up for on the internet.

I know it was my own fault for not knowing what was going on, but I just was caught off gaurd originally. I didn't really read where I was clicking, I was just clicking away and reading.

7Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

8Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
What happened to the Meercats thread?

9Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

10Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:What happened to the Meercats thread?

The NHL bought them, sold them to Reindeer or something and he re-named the team to the Coyotes. Sarcasm


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

11Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.
Yeah, you should be able to...

Go from this:
Some changes to the layout of GMH Large
URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/large.png

To this:
Some changes to the layout of GMH Small
URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/small.png

For all teams.

12Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.
Yeah, you should be able to...

Go from this:
Some changes to the layout of GMH Large
URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/large.png

To this:
Some changes to the layout of GMH Small
URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/small.png

For all teams.

Indeed. I'll make the change now. Thanks. Looks simple enough.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

13Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.
THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.

Made them 3/4 scale and added a couple of breaks after the last one (the "NHL Playoffs" should be on a new line).

We really should divide them in to East and West conferences. And also add alt text to the image tags. Maybe tonight.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

14Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Indeed. I'll make the change now. Thanks. Looks simple enough.
I believe you said that when changing the colour schemes at GMH in the early days... and we all know how that went... heh heh.

15Some changes to the layout of GMH Empty Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Made them 3/4 scale and added a couple of breaks after the last one (the "NHL Playoffs" should be on a new line).

We really should divide them in to East and West conferences. And also add alt text to the image tags. Maybe tonight.
At that size, perhaps break it into East/West so that it's two lines with 15 logos...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum