Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13633
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Some changes to the layout of GMH

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!

- Unknown Author
    CockRoche
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2010-04-04

Re: Some changes to the layout of GMH

Post by CockRoche on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Also you may have noticed all the logos on the main forum page. If you click on the logo it will bring you to that teams main forum page. Enjoy!

Thanks.

I for one was confused by that and also the thread that stated Minnesota was playing St. Louis is the first round of the playoffs. I was happy, but strangely confused as to what kind of site I had signed up for on the internet.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:06 pm

CockRoche wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:We've decided to go with the real team names and logos. This was a decision to make it easier for new people to figure out the site.

Thanks.

I for one was confused by that and also the thread that stated Minnesota was playing St. Louis is the first round of the playoffs. I was happy, but strangely confused as to what kind of site I had signed up for on the internet.

It's clearly marked SIM and there's really nothing much I can do in that regard.

- Unknown Author
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:08 pm

THANK YOU!!! That was something that always bugged me... heh heh.

Smile
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

shabbs wrote:

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?

- Unknown Author
    CockRoche
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2010-04-04

Post by CockRoche on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

CockRoche wrote:

Thanks.

I know it was my own fault for not knowing what was going on, but I just was caught off gaurd originally. I didn't really read where I was clicking, I was just clicking away and reading.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Smile

What do you think of the click-able logos that go straight to the teams forum page?
    Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

What happened to the Meercats thread?
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

shabbs wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Smile

Meh... not quite sure... it does not lay out well on my screen. Perhaps smaller icons so that it's all on one line?

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:What happened to the Meercats thread?

The NHL bought them, sold them to Reindeer or something and he re-named the team to the Coyotes. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Smile

wprager: Can you go into the admin panel and fix that? I tried making one image smaller and then all the links were screwed up. I fixed the links but I don't want to mess with the size.
    Yeah, you should be able to...

Go from this:

URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/large.png

To this:

URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/small.png

For all teams.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 pm

shabbs wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Smile

Yeah, you should be able to...

Go from this:

URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/large.png

To this:

URL: http://cdn.nhl.com/senators/images/logos/small.png

For all teams.

Indeed. I'll make the change now. Thanks. Looks simple enough.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49049
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Smile

Made them 3/4 scale and added a couple of breaks after the last one (the "NHL Playoffs" should be on a new line).

We really should divide them in to East and West conferences. And also add alt text to the image tags. Maybe tonight.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Indeed. I'll make the change now. Thanks. Looks simple enough.
    I believe you said that when changing the colour schemes at GMH in the early days... and we all know how that went... heh heh.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm

wprager wrote:Made them 3/4 scale and added a couple of breaks after the last one (the "NHL Playoffs" should be on a new line).

We really should divide them in to East and West conferences. And also add alt text to the image tags. Maybe tonight.
    At that size, perhaps break it into East/West so that it's two lines with 15 logos...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:25 pm