You are not connected. Please login or register

 » All things PLAYOFFS! » PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 47 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 48]

Guest


Guest
Oh, and when I dont post, the site suffers. If I left people would actually care, if you did there would be very little concern.

Guest


Guest
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Carkner's fluky OT winner doesn't make him any less garbage.

Hahaha oh man you might be the most ignorant person I have ever seen post, and that's saying a lot. Nothing you say is based on any kind of knowledge and is just basic giberish to most people. Almost everything you say is either dead wrong or just has no basis behind it.

1) Me hating Carkner is no different than you hating Spezza. If Spezza scored the OT winner, I'm sure you would have had something bad to say about him.

2) Pot, meet kettle. Based on your reputation, other people around here don't think your opinions are right...but I'm sure in your egotistical mind, everything YOU say is right and has basis behind it. I on the other hand don't go around tooting my own horn and thinking everything I say is right all the time.

I'll have to give serious props to this "Straight Shooter", quality post man!

Thing is, we *know* why Neely hates Spezza. He either stole his girl or his dog or his wallet.

Why do you think Carkner is garbage? The man toiled for 8 years in the minors and never gave up. He came up and played pretty well as a 5/6 guy, faltered a little when playing bigger minutes because of injuries, but he is what he is -- a 5/6 (maybe even a 6/7) guy playing for not much above the league minimum, who sticks up for his team mates and takes some of that pressure off Neil. He's like McGrattan was, except he mostly does not do staged fights and he can play 20 minutes if needed.

Or rookie mistakes made by a 7 year vet in the playoffs. Either or.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
But if you're so loved by everybody on this site and everybody knows that you know people and are right about everything, why do you have such a low rep?

and I really don't care what you think of me...heck, since I'm not as important as the mighty Neely and I'm not always correct like he is, why don't I just delete my account?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cut it out, right now, all of you.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Cut it out, right now, all of you.

I don't even want to get into these arguments, but I can't stand people with holier than thou attitudes.

Guest


Guest
Big Ev wrote:But if you're so loved by everybody on this site and everybody knows that you know people and are right about everything, why do you have such a low rep?

and I really don't care what you think of me...heck, since I'm not as important as the mighty Neely and I'm not always correct like he is, why don't I just delete my account?

Haha do you really want to get into how stupid the rep system is here? I was like plus 20, 3 days ago bud. Anyone can find one of my 5000 plus posts and put a negative to any comment. Anyways, like I said, the people who matter on this site know exactly what Im about and personally, that's all that matters.

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:Cut it out, right now, all of you.

If he says things like "Matt Carkner is trash" he's getting called out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:Oh, and when I dont post, the site suffers. If I left people would actually care, if you did there would be very little concern.

Take that kind of talk over to the Neely Appreciation Thread. Dammit!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:But if you're so loved by everybody on this site and everybody knows that you know people and are right about everything, why do you have such a low rep?

and I really don't care what you think of me...heck, since I'm not as important as the mighty Neely and I'm not always correct like he is, why don't I just delete my account?

Haha do you really want to get into how stupid the rep system is here? I was like plus 20, 3 days ago bud. Anyone can find one of my 5000 plus posts and put a negative to any comment. Anyways, like I said, the people who matter on this site know exactly what Im about and personally, that's all that matters.

I will end this argument right now for the better of the site, and will try to refrain from calling people garbage and stating things that aren't true...how's that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
and my original argument should be rephrased to "Matt Carkner is not an important piece of this team- if we didn't have Cakrner, somebody else would have scored last night."



Last edited by Big Ev on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Thing is, we *know* why Neely hates Spezza. He either stole his girl or his dog or his wallet.

Why do you think Carkner is garbage? The man toiled for 8 years in the minors and never gave up. He came up and played pretty well as a 5/6 guy, faltered a little when playing bigger minutes because of injuries, but he is what he is -- a 5/6 (maybe even a 6/7) guy playing for not much above the league minimum, who sticks up for his team mates and takes some of that pressure off Neil. He's like McGrattan was, except he mostly does not do staged fights and he can play 20 minutes if needed.

Or rookie mistakes made by a 7 year vet in the playoffs. Either or.

It's both. Definitely both.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Cut it out, right now, all of you.

I don't even want to get into these arguments, but I can't stand people with holier than thou attitudes.

You must have meant "hellier than thou". Rooney is closer to "holier".


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Guest


Guest
Big Ev wrote:and my original argument should be rephrased to "Matt Carkner is not an important piece of this team- if we didn't have Cakrner, somebody else would have scored last night."
\

Oh ya, and the 82 games this year where he took on all comers and played 15 mins a night while playing on special teams, someone else would have done that too right? Seriously? Are you serious? The guy that was voted by his team mates for the masterson isnt an important piece of The Sens. I feel sorry for you if you actually believe what you just said.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:and my original argument should be rephrased to "Matt Carkner is not an important piece of this team- if we didn't have Cakrner, somebody else would have scored last night."

Someone else *did* score last night -- Foligno.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Guest


Guest
Carkner was also an even player on a team that gave up more goals then they scored while playing every game but 1... ya, not valuable or important at all. Yeah, having a 15 min a night D man for 700K isnt worthless.

So much wrong with everything you say about Carkner. No basis or facts to back up anything you say about the guy. Absolutely nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and my original argument should be rephrased to "Matt Carkner is not an important piece of this team- if we didn't have Cakrner, somebody else would have scored last night."

Oh ya, and the 82 games this year where he took on all comers and played 15 mins a night while playing on special teams, someone else would have done that too right? Seriously? Are you serious? The guy that was voted by his team mates for the masterson isnt an important piece of The Sens. I feel sorry for you if you actually believe what you just said.

He's not "core". Why don't we leave it at that? What he brings, and for the kind of money he makes, he's a gem. But let's face it, when his current contract runs out and he's still playing at this level, he's going to demand a lot more than his current salary, at which point you make a decision.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:Carkner was also an even player on a team that gave up more goals then they scored while playing every game but 1... ya, not valuable or important at all. Yeah, having a 15 min a night D man for 700K isnt worthless.

So much wrong with everything you say about Carkner. No basis or facts to back up anything you say about the guy. Absolutely nothing.

That was exactly my point. Why the hate on for Carkner? Wallet? Girl?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
By the bye, 4-1 Buffalo (empty net) with seconds to go. Habs still clinging on to life with 6 to go.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum