GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest?

Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Guest


Guest
Nope, the fact he isnt a real threat from the point and he wouldnt ge the time on ice with a decent team that he does with Toronto. He's a good defenseman on an awful team. He isnt as good as Toronto makes him out to be, he's a good guy to move the puck on The PP and doesnt do much else. There are a ton of guys in The NHL that can do what he does.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Kaberle will not get a 1st round pick. If there is a player who's value is more over valued by their team I dont know who it is. No team in their right mind will give up a 1st rounder for Kaberle. If he wasnt in Toronto we would be talking about him like another run of the mill 3, 4 D man.

Madness. Are you serious? He regularly gets high 40s, low to mid 50s in points on a team that has issues scoring. What makes you say that? Your hate of the Leafs?

I agree, Karberle is one of the best PP defencemen in the game. I think somebody would give the Leafs a 1st rounder or a good prospect for him. Almost 50 points on a team that has a terrible forward corps is damn good.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:Nope, the fact he isnt a real threat from the point and he wouldnt ge the time on ice with a decent team that he does with Toronto. He's a good defenseman on an awful team. He isnt as good as Toronto makes him out to be, he's a good guy to move the puck on The PP and doesnt do much else. There are a ton of guys in The NHL that can do what he does.

I don't buy it until I actually see it. He's an awesome outlet passer and one of the top PP QBs in the league. I still think this is because you hate the Leafs.

They'll easily get a 1st rounder for Kaberle. And depending on the team and how high/low the first is, there could be a big time prospect involved as well.

Like Corvo for example, just the promise of more offense from the back end and Washington gave up Osala and a 2nd rounder to get him.

Guest


Guest
Haha, and what team gives up a good prospect for a guy that wont even come close to getting the same amount of ice time on a decent team.

People over rate that guy in a big way. He's on the downside of his career, he isnt all that good in his own zone, he's a product of the Toronto media more than anything, and he isnt physical in the least.

Kaberle is a number 4 D man on a good team, that's it.

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Nope, the fact he isnt a real threat from the point and he wouldnt ge the time on ice with a decent team that he does with Toronto. He's a good defenseman on an awful team. He isnt as good as Toronto makes him out to be, he's a good guy to move the puck on The PP and doesnt do much else. There are a ton of guys in The NHL that can do what he does.

I don't buy it until I actually see it. He's an awesome outlet passer and one of the top PP QBs in the league. I still think this is because you hate the Leafs.

They'll easily get a 1st rounder for Kaberle. And depending on the team and how high/low the first is, there could be a big time prospect involved as well.

Like Corvo for example, just the promise of more offense from the back end and Washington gave up Osala and a 2nd rounder to get him.

Nope, it's because I dont like Kaberle and dont think his game is all that great. Soft, inconsistant, not great in his own end. He does one thing well, he passes the puck, that's it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You were going on a week ago about how Campbell was an amazing puck mover and any team would want to have him. A top defenceman, if you will. Now you're saying Kaberle, a similar player, is overrated? Hmmm...

Take all the players you think are overrated and you probably have a great team! Luongo, Spezza, Kaberle is definitely a good start! Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest? - Page 4 159628

Guest


Guest
Ill take Campbell 1000 times over Kaberle. Campbell actually joins the rush, has a shot that he uses, can skate with the puck as well as pass it.

Like I said, Kaberle does one thing well, he passes the puck, that's it. He's one dimensional.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:Ill take Campbell 1000 times over Kaberle. Campbell actually joins the rush, has a shot that he uses, can skate with the puck as well as pass it.

Like I said, Kaberle does one thing well, he passes the puck, that's it. He's one dimensional.

Kaberle has proven to be a better goal scorer than Campbell, and he shoots more.

Kaberle has exactly 8 goals per 82 games, Campbell has about 7. Kaberle also outshoots him by about 13, so it's basically a wash. I'm not arguing who's better because I think they are pretty much equal, except for the fact that Kaberle doesn't join the rush as often, which may be a good thing.

Also, I drafted Kaberle in the 4th round of my keeper league. Campbell hasn't been drafted and it's now the 6th round Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest? - Page 4 159628

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Kaberle's got a ridiculously accurate wrist shot.

He's going to fetch a great return. He almost got the Leafs Jeff Carter + a few years back.

Hodgson's got potential, but that injury has really set him back and even put his future in jeopardy.

He will not be training in the off season with Canucks trainers.



Last edited by Dash on Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest


Guest
Big Ev wrote:
N4L wrote:Ill take Campbell 1000 times over Kaberle. Campbell actually joins the rush, has a shot that he uses, can skate with the puck as well as pass it.

Like I said, Kaberle does one thing well, he passes the puck, that's it. He's one dimensional.

Kaberle has proven to be a better goal scorer than Campbell, and he shoots more.

Kaberle has exactly 8 goals per 82 games, Campbell has about 7. Kaberle also outshoots him by about 13, so it's basically a wash. I'm not arguing who's better because I think they are pretty much equal, except for the fact that Kaberle doesn't join the rush as often, which may be a good thing.

Also, I drafted Kaberle in the 4th round of my keeper league. Campbell hasn't been drafted and it's now the 6th round Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest? - Page 4 159628

Ummmm, are you kidding me. Campbell puts waaay more shots towards the net. The SOG are about the same but Campbell defently puts the puck towards the net a lot more. Not sure if you ever watch The Hawks play.

Guest


Guest
DO all the math you want with 8 goals in 82 games or whatever but it took Campbell a lot longer to develope and over the last 5 years he's been the better player. He also came in with a dismal Buffalo team and turned it into a legit contender. Kaberle has gone in the opposite direction, started off with a legit contender and he hasnt seen the playoffs since the lockout.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:Kaberle's got a ridiculous;y accurate wrist shot.

He's going to fetch a great return. He almost got the Leafs Jeff Carter + a few years back.

Hodgson's got potential, but that injury has really set him back and even put his future in jeopardy.

He will not be training in the off season with Canucks trainers.

What he said

Guest


Guest
Ya, before Carter scored 40 plus goals. You think they would trade Carter for Kaberle straight up now? Noooooo shot.

This isnt 2 years ago when Kaberle had a great, long term contract and Carter was basically a rookie. Hell, Kaberle couldnt even get Kessle straight up and he was an unsigned RFA that Boston didnt want.

No team is going to give up anything of any signifigance for a guy who is signed for 1 more year who will then probably get 6 million as a UFA.

a rebuilding team will not trade for him, a team loaded wth defensemen will not trade for him, a team with cap trouble will not trade for him. Who does that leave? NYI? Maybe. Florida? possible.Neither of those teams are going to give up that 1st rounder for a guy that is walking in 365 days.

The only one that is remotly possible is Vancouver and even then they wont be giving up Hogdson for what is basically a rental player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Granted, his contract situation would unsettle me if I were gunning for him. Maybe that lowers his value, but for a team that needs a PP QB to get over the hump - look no further.

Now I'm intrigued to see what he gets back on the market this summer.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Hodgson's a risk right now. The Canucks didn't do themselves favors when they called into question his heart. Not to mention the back injury which could have been his career. They were pretty hard on this kid who has been nothing but a class act.

I think the Canucks ruined their relationship with him.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum