shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
.. go on... what kind of wizard?

He uses spells, is part of the "White Council" they call it that acknowledges "wizards", but otherwise he's a pretty normal guy.
Like Ray Whitney?

READ IT!!! - Page 2 Icon_wink

That was for SSF.

Whuh? READ IT!!! - Page 2 105237
Weren't you gushing over The Wizard (ie: Whitney) at the trade deadline?

And when I say gushing... I mean mocking...

READ IT!!! - Page 2 Icon_wink

See how I'm all like "what the?" and my avatar says "The Wizard" right there? Teehee.

READ IT!!! - Page 2 226479
Slick... very slick...

Ahhhh yeaaah...

READ IT!!! - Page 2 Slick
Indeed.

READ IT!!! - Page 2 Heat

17READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
If you want to read a good sports book, check out Can I Keep My Jersey by Paul Shirley.
Another one worth checking out is The Art of A Beautiful Game by Chris Ballard. Absolutely fantastic.

18READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
I finished reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

I want to read Sarah Silverman's "The Bedwetter".

19READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
I'm reading Shake Hands with the Devil, written (with help) by Romeo Dallaire, about the genocide in Rwanda in 1993. It's a neat inside look at the leadup to the mission, and all the red-tape BS and such even a small mission like this one faces from the U.N. and it's member nations.

It goes on to recount Dallaire's experiences in Rwanda, including the genocide of 800,000 Rwandans in 100 days while he was stationed there leading the international mission.

This is a must-read in my opinion.

20READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Sat May 08, 2010 9:48 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
Two books that really got to me, I read a few years back are Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon, and A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah.

The first, Curious Incident of a Dog in the Nighttime is told through the eyes of an autistic boy, and it explains everything he sees and feels as he is experiencing things. The book opens up with him in the neighbour's lawn, embracing their dead dog. It then continues on to how he reacts to this incident. The one thing about this book is because of the writing style, I found it difficult to read long stretches of it.

The second of the books, A Long Way Gone is the autobiography of a child soldier from Sierra Leone. This is quite a powerful book. Quite shocking and sad. Just the story of how he came to be a child soldier, and his mindset throughout the ordeal. And then how he came about to be rescued.

21READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Sat May 08, 2010 10:31 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
READ IT!!! - Page 2 The-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo
READ IT!!! - Page 2 Larsson-the-girl-who-played-with-fire-uk-hc-2009
READ IT!!! - Page 2 Large-wotnix-com

22READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Sat May 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Is that the same girl?

23READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Yep. It's a trilogy.

24READ IT!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: READ IT!!! on Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Bass Destruction wrote:Two books that really got to me, I read a few years back are Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon, and A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah.

The first, Curious Incident of a Dog in the Nighttime is told through the eyes of an autistic boy, and it explains everything he sees and feels as he is experiencing things. The book opens up with him in the neighbour's lawn, embracing their dead dog. It then continues on to how he reacts to this incident. The one thing about this book is because of the writing style, I found it difficult to read long stretches of it.

The second of the books, A Long Way Gone is the autobiography of a child soldier from Sierra Leone. This is quite a powerful book. Quite shocking and sad. Just the story of how he came to be a child soldier, and his mindset throughout the ordeal. And then how he came about to be rescued.

I'm going to check this out, thanks!

Another trilogy I enjoy is the Fourth Realm Trilogy by John Twelve Hawks. It's about Big Brother, and these "travelers" that have the ability to travel to different dimensions and the people that protect them called Harlequins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum