You are not connected. Please login or register

» All things PLAYOFFS! » All Playoff talk all the time.

All Playoff talk all the time.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 35]

256All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Tue May 18, 2010 11:01 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Oleeee ole ole oleeeeeee
Oleeeeeeeee Oleeeeeee

257All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran
The hockey gods are smiling upon us today, Hawks kicking the Dung out of SJ

258All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SDH89 wrote:The hockey gods are smiling upon us today, Hawks kicking the Dung out of SJ

I'd rather San Jose win, but I could care less who wins the Cup now.

259All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
SDH89 wrote:The hockey gods are smiling upon us today, Hawks kicking the Dung out of SJ

seriously? even with the douche on their team, u want them to win???

260All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I don't care about Heatley, I've moved on. I like the Sharks players better than the Hawks.

But, it's baseball season now, time to focus on my Red Sox All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 54934

261All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 12:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That Heatley guy is choking like crazy. What is that now, 1 goal in 19 games? 9 goals over the course of the regular season?

Good work! Clutch. ThumbsUp

262All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Wow, Leighton is Halaking the Habs.
He's barely had to make a save this period...he's not really Halaking anyone.

My comment was made during the second, though. He had plenty of saves to make when the Habs were out-shooting the Flyers by a huge margin.

263All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I don't care about Heatley, I've moved on. I like the Sharks players better than the Hawks.

But, it's baseball season now, time to focus on my Red Sox All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 54934

I also like the Sox, however they are going nowhere this year.

264All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 am

Sharks are done which is nice! I would say The Habs have a better chance then The Sharks at this point, but all in all, no cup for Heatley, no cup for The Habs, and Sens move up 2 spots in the draft... a good playoff.

Let the Thornton rumours BEGIN!

265All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:Sharks are done which is nice! I would say The Habs have a better chance then The Sharks at this point, but all in all, no cup for Heatley, no cup for The Habs, and Sens move up 2 spots in the draft... a good playoff.

Does the GM finally get fired for this? He's the one that pulled the trigger on the Heatley deal which was supposed to put them over the top.

- Unknown Author

266All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:11 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Sharks are done which is nice! I would say The Habs have a better chance then The Sharks at this point, but all in all, no cup for Heatley, no cup for The Habs, and Sens move up 2 spots in the draft... a good playoff.

Does the GM finally get fired for this? He's the one that pulled the trigger on the Heatley deal which was supposed to put them over the top.

I think if they didn't make conference finals, he'd be fired. But this is a rare feat for San Jose All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 270956 so he'll stick around for at least another season.

267All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 am

I dont think so, he's done a fairly good job there, this time it has to come down on the players and the guys that will be on the way out are going to be Blake for sure, NAbokov, and perhaps Thornton.

I actually think you we see some serious "Thornton for Spezza" rumours.

268All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:I dont think so, he's done a fairly good job there, this time it has to come down on the players and the guys that will be on the way out are going to be Blake for sure, NAbokov, and perhaps Thornton.

I actually think you we see some serious "Thornton for Spezza" rumours.

I hope instead its Dan boyle for spezza All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 805406 but doug wilson isn't stupid unfortunately. I'd do the trade for Thornton though....both teams get their respective shake-ups

269All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Wow, if Blake leaves there goes another captain in SJ. it's a revolving C over there. Next Captain... Heatley! Sarcasm

270All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:28 am

Yup and that is very well what could be needed on both sides. Im not saying Thornton is the answer in Ottawa or even that much better then Spezza (he is a better player though) but it could very well what could be needed for eveyr party involved.

People ALWAYS say "who will produce the points Spezza will?", well, if you trade him for Thornton, that's who. Cant use that excuse anymore if it happens.

Thornton also has 1 year left on his deal and can probably get resigned for about 6 mil a year, if he didnt work out at least The Sens could go in another direction without be tied down with a NTC. The most usefull asset in a cap syatem is flexability.

This is probably just a move that would be spinning The Sens wheels but it's a very real possibility IMO. Im def not a Thornton fan and would have all the same questions about him that I do of Spezza, but it makes a ton of sense if The Sharks get swept or beat in 5.

271All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Regardless of how the Sharks-Hawks series goes it still will never compare to the historic choke job of the Boston Bruins. Nothing will compare for probably the next 30 plus years.

- Unknown Author

272All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What a disaster in San Jose...wow. Facepalm

273All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 18 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

How is this the GM's fault? He put the best roster on paper that he could. What else do people expect GMs to do? At some point you have to stop tinkering with your lineup and force your players to get the job done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum