You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 35]

31All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 7:31 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

32All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 am

SDH89


Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:If Luongo keeps this up, they can win it. I don't see them losing Game 6 (at least not in a blowout), so they are still in thsi series. Maybe his beard was the problem?

This is the problem with Lou though, he will play great one game, then lay an egg the next. No consistency in this guy.

33All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

Hal Gill is probably out of the lineup tonight. Sid should get his dancing shoes shined up.

34All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

Hal Gill is probably out of the lineup tonight. Sid should get his dancing shoes shined up.

I'll eagerly await his performance as I have the past 3 games. Ohnoes!


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

35All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Luongo keeps this up, they can win it. I don't see them losing Game 6 (at least not in a blowout), so they are still in thsi series. Maybe his beard was the problem?

This is the problem with Lou though, he will play great one game, then lay an egg the next. No consistency in this guy.

If he can get 3 from the back-end and the Sedins remember what they did in the regular season and ... yeah, a lot of ifs.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

36All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Luongo keeps this up, they can win it. I don't see them losing Game 6 (at least not in a blowout), so they are still in thsi series. Maybe his beard was the problem?

This is the problem with Lou though, he will play great one game, then lay an egg the next. No consistency in this guy.

Well he has posted 3 straight Shutouts twice over the last two season I believe. If Luongo gets on a roll, he is tough to stop.

37All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

I'll be the first to admit he's been really average. I've never seen Crosby suck this long to be honest, from Game 5 of our series to now. 7 games is an eternity for Crosby to be weak. The ball was in Montreal's court to win this series, but...yeah...they're not yet.

38All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

I'll be the first to admit he's been really average. I've never seen Crosby suck this long to be honest, from Game 5 of our series to now. 7 games is an eternity for Crosby to be weak. The ball was in Montreal's court to win this series, but...yeah...they're not yet.

It just furthers the argument that Crosby is in fact stoppable and it's frustrating to think that Ottawa had the right formula for doing so but was too little too late even with the injuries. Of course starting the series with Leclaire might have helped as well but who knows how it would have went.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

39All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:34 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm sure Crosby could care less about his points if his team is winning the series.

40All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am

Guest


Guest
Big Ev wrote:I'm sure Crosby could care less about his points if his team is winning the series.

That, I agree with.

41All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I'm sure Crosby could care less about his points if his team is winning the series.

That, I agree with.

It's funny how things change depending on the series outcome. Should Halak absolutely stone Pitt and the Habs win this series it will be how Crosby was stopped and couldn't find a way to step up. Should they make it to the next round it will be how Crosby doesn't care because his teams winning and that's all that matters.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

42All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think it would be how they just played a good defensive team. If they lose, it wouldn't be just Crosby who takes the heat.

43All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I'm sure Crosby could care less about his points if his team is winning the series.

That, I agree with.

It's funny how things change depending on the series outcome. Should Halak absolutely stone Pitt and the Habs win this series it will be how Crosby was stopped and couldn't find a way to step up. Should they make it to the next round it will be how Crosby doesn't care because his teams winning and that's all that matters.

Without Crosby they dont beat The Sens, they dont have a cup, and they probably dont even exsist in Pittsburg. He has played more hockey then any human on the planet in the last year and he is still the captain of a team that is more then likely going to go to the conferance final for the 3rd straight year.

Crosby is the captain of an NHL team, winning is what comes first. That's the big difference between Ovechkin and Crosby right now. If The Pens win then IMO, as the captain of that team he was successful even if the personal stats are not there.

44All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It just furthers the argument that Crosby is in fact stoppable and it's frustrating to think that Ottawa had the right formula for doing so but was too little too late even with the injuries. Of course starting the series with Leclaire might have helped as well but who knows how it would have went.

I think there's something wrong with him personally, but yes, I wish Clouston had employed the Cullen, Fisher, Alfie line on him from the beginning. That was the key, certainly not Phillips/Volchenkov this time.

45All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 1:43 pm

SensGal


Rookie
Rookie
SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was just wondering when the Crosby Tap dance will commence. There was talk of it starting sometime in game 3,4 or 5. Any further updates would be appreciated.

I'll be the first to admit he's been really average. I've never seen Crosby suck this long to be honest, from Game 5 of our series to now. 7 games is an eternity for Crosby to be weak. The ball was in Montreal's court to win this series, but...yeah...they're not yet.

Honestly, I was talking about this with my mom, who is the BIGGEST Crosby supporter, and I'm probably the BIGGEST Crosby hater. lol. But I know Crosby is a great player, and I've watched him play lots. But honestly, it looks like he is tired and frustrated. I've seen him have a game, maybe 2, in which he hasn't been great, but this is 7 games now. Thats HUGE for a guy who is supposed to be top 3 in the league. Its the same thing that happened in the Olympics. He did come with one big goal, but other than that he didn't do a tonne.

I think Pittsburgh has to be thankful for players like Cooke, Letang, Dupuis and those types of guys coming and playing well. Montreal has the defensive play that could beat Pittsburgh, but with Gill out (most likely) and Markov still out is a big problem. I don't actually see them winning. Although I'm still rooting for the underdogs!

46All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I'm sure Crosby could care less about his points if his team is winning the series.

That, I agree with.

It's funny how things change depending on the series outcome. Should Halak absolutely stone Pitt and the Habs win this series it will be how Crosby was stopped and couldn't find a way to step up. Should they make it to the next round it will be how Crosby doesn't care because his teams winning and that's all that matters.

Without Crosby they dont beat The Sens, they dont have a cup, and they probably dont even exsist in Pittsburg. He has played more hockey then any human on the planet in the last year and he is still the captain of a team that is more then likely going to go to the conferance final for the 3rd straight year.

Crosby is the captain of an NHL team, winning is what comes first. That's the big difference between Ovechkin and Crosby right now. If The Pens win then IMO, as the captain of that team he was successful even if the personal stats are not there.

And if the Habs advance and Crosby's still held to 3 assists for the series?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

47All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Habs are finished tonight, so we won't have to worry about that All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 54934

48All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Guest


Guest
Doesnt matter. Crosby is the best player on the planet and the fact he's won a cup with what can only be considered one of the worst group of wingers in The NHL, it's honestly amazing.

Staal, Malkin, and Crosby, the rest are pretty much plugs. You might make an exception for Kunitz, but that's about it.

If The Pens actually lose (pretty sure they wont) it wont be because of Crosby's 17 points in 2 playoff rounds or 3 assists against The Habs, it will be becaue of weak goaltending and a lack of tallent besides those big 3 up the middle.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum