GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » All things PLAYOFFS! » All Playoff talk all the time.

All Playoff talk all the time.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 35]

496All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Laughing3

I can't believe the sign in the locker room, that is Diddling hilarious. So childish, but so amusing in this case. That's great.

497All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:18 pm

asq2 wrote:I agree somewhat, but how do you know if a prospect is going to be a certain calibre? Look at Kyle Turris or, worse yet, Lauri Tukonen. There's amount of luck and leaps of faith necessary to build a Cup-Winner IMO. If it was easily reducible to formula, I wouldn't be following the NHL.

Philly got lucky that the Bruins lost Krejci after going up 3-0 and were incredibly fortunate to find Leino on waivers. The 'Hawks were fortunate to win Game 6 of the Nashville series, though I suppose they'd probably have won Game 7 anyway. More importantly, they're lucky they have Toews right now and not Jordan Staal (though it's possible they'd have taken Backstrom).

The Sens were supposed to win in 2002-2003 and 2005-2006 but actually got closest after they lost Hasek, Chara and Havlat in one off-season. That's not to say I'm advocating we try the "dump talent" tactic again.

Anyway, I think there are some pretty serious pieces here and it's hard to deny that Murray's work in the 2008 and 2009 drafts have totally redefined the future of the franchise. I'm excited about the potential of Karlsson, Cowen and Wiercioch because I've seen teams like Chicago (Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson), Philly (Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, Carle), Detroit (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart) and Anaheim (Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, O'Donnell) rely heavily on their top-4 D to deliver them success.

I think we'll be OK. Though I must say that having watched young captains like Toews and Richards lead their teams to the Finals, I'm starting to hope pretty heavily that we land a guy like Skinner, if not Gudbranson.

Leino was traded from Detroit, for a 5th (or some other late pick) I believe. Still, a fortunate turn of events for Holgrem and the Flyers. Holland definitely looks bad on that one, but then again, Leino wasn't getting quality minutes in Detroit so no one can really say he totally blew it.

498All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Traded for Toleffsen

499All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh yeah, I was thinking he got waived as well - although I guess he basically did.

500All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Man, have you guys seen those parade videos? I want a cup All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 521674

501All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
marakh wrote:Man, have you guys seen those parade videos? I want a cup All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 521674

Me too - very badly.

502All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Man, have you guys seen those parade videos? I want a cup All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 521674

Me too - very badly.

What are you willing to give up for one?

503All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:A long time Hawks fan sent this to me on facebook:

A message to Chicago bandwagon fans Laughing3

Is it SFK (safe fof kids)? I don't have my headphones handy and am very curious to hear it.

504All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:53 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I thought so, the only thing is they say "Puck" a lot in place of the other word starting with "F" - a play on words, and sometimes it is diffifult to tell them apart.

505All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That was hilarious. Jonathan Toes! Tayevs? John Madden Smile

Favorite line was probably:

The Bulls don't play Bullsy but the Hawks play Hockey!

506All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Me too - very badly.

Depends. Laugh1 Player-wise you mean? Anything, anytime.

507All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Me too - very badly.

Depends. Laugh1 Player-wise you mean? Anything, anytime.

A whole box or just one?

508All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 34 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This can't be serious. It's gotta be a joke. I must admit, it would be a hell of a lot funnier if this was truly an announcer making a monumental mistake, but it's still pretty funny even if you assume it's a joke: