You are not connected. Please login or register

Lehtonen signs 3 year deal

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/05/11/stars_lehtonen/

In light of this news are people still as upset with Leclaire's contract? Both goalies have had injury plagued careers with similar numbers.

Leclaire, 27, is almost exactly a year older (Born Nov 7 to Lehtonen born Nov 16)
Played 159 regular season games over 5 full seasons with Columbus and Ottawa
Career Regular season (57-69-14-10): GAA = 2.89, Save percentage = 0.903
Career Playoffs: GAA = 2.85, Save percentage = 0.920 (2 career starts with one being an Ottawa Senator record setting performance with 1 victory)

Lehtonen is 26
Played in 216 regular season games over 5 full seasons with Atlanta and Dallas
Career Regular season (100-87-17-14): GAA = 2.87, Save percentage = 0.912
Career Playoffs: GAA = 5.59, Save percentage = 0.849 ( 2 career starts both losses)

Is Dallas crazy? Does Leclaire not look so bad now? I gotta say I'm glad we have Leclaire at 3.8M (Cap hit) for only one more year and hopefully more than 12 games to base judgment on an extension the likes of Lehtonen's deal.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

2Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 am

Guest


Guest
Ive never been upset about Leclaire's contract, the only problem was if Leclaire had no shot at being number 1 it is kind of a waste to have 3.8 on the bench... now, not so much the case, he is probably the number 1 going into next year.

The trade for Leclaire is still a good trade. They gave up basically a player they didnt have plans for, for a guy that can be a franchise guy, seems to be a money goaltender, and a 2nd rounder that was used to take Lehner... like I said last year after the draft, that trade might have set Ottawa up for the next 10-15 years in goal.

Lehtonen though... not sure I would give him that cash but clearly Emery isnt coming back. What a waste of tallent that guy was, if he had any work ethic at all he would been a pretty good goaltender.

3Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What does Emery have to do with this? The Lehtonen deal is a real head scratcher for me. That one should have been a discount deal for 1 or 2 years maximum. Lehtonen played ok not great for 12 games in Dallas and he gets a raise on a 3 year deal?

I certainly haven't given up on Leclaire and will go into this season feeling the same way I felt at the start of this season: He could be good to great but will his injury problems continue to follow him?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

4Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Me thinks Neely thought this was about Leighton in Philly.

5Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 9:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:Me thinks Neely thought this was about Leighton in Philly.

Sorry Neely but that's TOO funny!!! Lehtonen signs 3 year deal 62136

6Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 am

Guest


Guest
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What does Emery have to do with this? The Lehtonen deal is a real head scratcher for me. That one should have been a discount deal for 1 or 2 years maximum. Lehtonen played ok not great for 12 games in Dallas and he gets a raise on a 3 year deal?

I certainly haven't given up on Leclaire and will go into this season feeling the same way I felt at the start of this season: He could be good to great but will his injury problems continue to follow him?

Emery is a goaltender on their roster? Pretty sure he is a factor in their decision to sigh Lehtonen.

7Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What does Emery have to do with this? The Lehtonen deal is a real head scratcher for me. That one should have been a discount deal for 1 or 2 years maximum. Lehtonen played ok not great for 12 games in Dallas and he gets a raise on a 3 year deal?

I certainly haven't given up on Leclaire and will go into this season feeling the same way I felt at the start of this season: He could be good to great but will his injury problems continue to follow him?

Emery is a goaltender on their roster? Pretty sure he is a factor in their decision to sigh Lehtonen.

Stop it!!! My ribs!!! Lehtonen signs 3 year deal 62136

8Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What does Emery have to do with this? The Lehtonen deal is a real head scratcher for me. That one should have been a discount deal for 1 or 2 years maximum. Lehtonen played ok not great for 12 games in Dallas and he gets a raise on a 3 year deal?

I certainly haven't given up on Leclaire and will go into this season feeling the same way I felt at the start of this season: He could be good to great but will his injury problems continue to follow him?

Emery is a goaltender on their roster? Pretty sure he is a factor in their decision to sigh Lehtonen.

I can't help myself. I didn't know Emery was traded to Dallas. Sarcasm


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

9Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 am

Guest


Guest
My god, I thought it said Leighton. Ignore everything I said, hahaha.

10Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:My god, I thought it said Leighton. Ignore everything I said, hahaha.

I think you'll have a hard time convincing SSF to ignore it. The poor guy is rolling around his cubicle he's laughing so hard.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

11Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

Guest


Guest
Sooooooooooo, on that note... Not a bad deal, less then his last contract and he has a ton of potential.

12Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
This is a horrible contract extension. Why does he deserve this kind of money?

13Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 am

Guest


Guest
You're paying for potential. Pretty much the same thing that happend with Leclaire here. I like the deal because it is a low risk, high reward for The Stars. Is he going to be any worse then Turco? Probably not. Has to stay healthy though.

14Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:This is a horrible contract extension. Why does he deserve this kind of money?

Jesus?

15Lehtonen signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Lehtonen signs 3 year deal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:This is a horrible contract extension. Why does he deserve this kind of money?

Jesus?

Because he is Hezus, or because he got down on his ruined knees and asked Hezus for this kind of cash?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum