You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Carolina Hurricanes » Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes

Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
1 day after acquiring Jared Staal from the Coyotes, the Carolina Hurricanes have signed him to a 3 year deal ELC.

The 19-year-old forward signed a two-way deal that will pay him US$500,000 at the NHL level next season and $525,000 in 2011-12 and 2012-13. He will make $50,000 at the AHL level in all three seasons.

If the Hurricanes couldn't sign Staal by June 1, he would have re-entered the draft.

Carolina obtained Staal from the Coyotes for a fifth-round pick in next month's draft. All of his three older brothers play in the NHL, including Eric, a three-time all-star and the Hurricanes' captain.


From TSN.

2Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I wonder what the chances of Carolina acquiring Marc and Jordan are?

They could very well try and steal Marc from the NYR via offer sheet and it could easily be done because they lack the cap room to match a $3m-$4m raise, and Jordan might be had because Pittsburgh might want that $4m to spread out. Though an offer sheet for M. Staal would mean no 1st round pick (next year and after) but maybe they could use their 1st this year?

3Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Guest


Guest
why would coyotes even bother trading him for a 5th?

4Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Guest


Guest
Steal

5Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:1 day after acquiring Jared Staal from the Coyotes, the Carolina Hurricanes have signed him to a 3 year deal ELC.

The 19-year-old forward signed a two-way deal that will pay him US$500,000 at the NHL level next season and $525,000 in 2011-12 and 2012-13. He will make $50,000 at the AHL level in all three seasons.

If the Hurricanes couldn't sign Staal by June 1, he would have re-entered the draft.

Carolina obtained Staal from the Coyotes for a fifth-round pick in next month's draft. All of his three older brothers play in the NHL, including Eric, a three-time all-star and the Hurricanes' captain.


From TSN.

Pretty risk-free move that I would have done solely based on the name on the back of the jersey.

6Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Risk free move in a sense, but I hope 'Canes fans aren't expecting anything too fantastic from this kid. He might make the big club as a 3rd or 4th liner one day though.

7Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
They got a 2nd round draft pick for a 5th is the way I look at it, and a 19 year old is way too young to be giving up on. Hope Phoenix knows what they are doing. Perhaps Staal had no intention of staying there (like Wheeler) and rather risk losing him for nothing they took what they could.

8Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Guest


Guest
stempniaksen wrote:Risk free move in a sense, but I hope 'Canes fans aren't expecting anything too fantastic from this kid. He might make the big club as a 3rd or 4th liner one day though.

really? I bet he sees time every once in a while with his brother.. chemistry

9Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DirtyDave wrote:why would coyotes even bother trading him for a 5th?

He wasn't gonna sign with the Yotes by June 1st and they would have lost his rights, so they got what they could for him.

He's a little prospect anyway, it may have well have been Joe Smo.

10Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:why would coyotes even bother trading him for a 5th?

He wasn't gonna sign with the Yotes by June 1st and they would have lost his rights, so they got what they could for him.

He's a little prospect anyway, it may have well have been Joe Smo.

Except that the letters on the back of his jersey spell out Staal.

11Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Kovalfie wrote:Steal

It's spelled Staal.

Just kidding BTW.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

12Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
How would he have re-entered the draft? Was he undrafted? I dont' understand that part. If he was already drafted wouldn't he just become a UFA, or is he too young for that?

13Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 3:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
stempniaksen wrote:
Except that the letters on the back of his jersey spell out Staal.

Big deal. People make such a big deal about pedigree sometimes. This one ain't in the same league (well I guess technically he is) as his brothers.

14Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Except that the letters on the back of his jersey spell out Staal.

Big deal. People make such a big deal about pedigree sometimes. This one ain't in the same league (well I guess technically he is) as his brothers.

Agreed. But people will always make a big deal about the whole pedigree angle (sometimes warranted, sometimes not).

15Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes Empty Re: Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes on Fri May 14, 2010 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensGirl11 wrote:How would he have re-entered the draft? Was he undrafted? I dont' understand that part. If he was already drafted wouldn't he just become a UFA, or is he too young for that?

I believe it would have been like Blake Wheeler - UFA.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum