An alternate ending to "Lost"

caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1579
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Re: An alternate ending to "Lost"

Post by caissie_1 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:31 pm

wprager wrote:Speaking of endings, I watched the first half of the Chuck S3 finale last night. What a great finale (and I've got another hour still to go). Honestly, why doesn't anyone watch this show? With Lost gone this is in my top-two (with Fringe) for hour-long shows, and probably my #1 overall because it's also a comedy.

Of course I may be overly praising it because I watched the Flashforward finale just before that, so it *definitely* benefited from the comparison.

If you haven't been watching Chuck, go and rent S1 from Blockbuster. S1 is fairly short (4 discs). S1 is pretty good, but S2 gets better.

Your in for an excellent second half... The finale kept me on the edge of my seat the whole entire time... Definetly the 2 best episodes IMO so far...

Enjoy!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 pm

I can't wait. I'm seriously debating whether I should get the box-sets.

caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by caissie_1 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:45 pm

wprager wrote:I can't wait. I'm seriously debating whether I should get the box-sets.

I am gonna get them for sure... Definetly a show im gonna watch over and over... Gotta get Lost first then Chuck!
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun May 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I have a hard time watching comedies. I mean, it's fun and all but after I watch an episode and I don't think about it, I'm not interested. I just don't get any emotional investment.
    caissie_1
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by caissie_1 on Sun May 30, 2010 2:17 pm

marakh wrote:I have a hard time watching comedies. I mean, it's fun and all but after I watch an episode and I don't think about it, I'm not interested. I just don't get any emotional investment.

Yeh I get what you mean but I dont know it's different with Chuck.. There is more to it then just making people laugh... They have an interesting story line and they keep with it!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47790
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm

marakh wrote:I have a hard time watching comedies. I mean, it's fun and all but after I watch an episode and I don't think about it, I'm not interested. I just don't get any emotional investment.

Then you should start watching some good ones, then.

Sports Night
    Larry Sanders

Those are two comedy shows that you could watch again. The characters and dialogue are just so well-written that there's no way you get everything on one watch.

In general, comedies without laugh tracks have nearly twice the material of ones with a laugh track (someone had posted a clip from TBBT with the laugh track removed, and nearly half of it was the cast standing around in silence, waiting for the laughter to die down).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:13 am