You are not connected. Please login or register

Rogers sucks; Bell sucks; which one sucks less?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, and I guess Fear the Walking Dead. †Getting tired of *trying* to like it.

That was me with 24 and Lost. Just couldn't get into either of them.

I'm not talking about The Walking Dead, but *Fear* the Walking Dead. †It's the spin-off (kinda) and is aimed at exploring the earlier stages after the outbreak (the breakdown of society). †Problem I have is I don't like any of the characters, and if you are not rooting for anyone, then a post-apocalyptic story quickly becomes tedious.

I'm glad Plex smartened up for you. Sometimes, just a magic reboot does the trick with computers.

As for Fear the Walking Dead, I actually liked the first season more than most of the seasons of the regular Walking Dead. This second season had a pretty weak opening episode though. AMC is just having a tough time putting these shows together.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
So a day after Bell called and asked "are you sure" they Purolatored me a package with a box and two padded envelopes to return my PVR, second STB and that unit that connects the two. Nothing for the modem. This was on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I sent them all off. Figured they didn't want the modem because it was a POS and discontinued. Five days later, Monday, was garbage day, and the modem was still sitting in the hallway, so I put it out with the trash. Get home Monday night and there is a letter from Bell -- "How to return your modem". Facepalm

They want $75 for it. Facepalm Facepalm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hahahahaha that's pretty funny.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lol Diddle bell and Rogers. I'm getting free Rogers cable for a year but Diddle em regardless

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'll try to wiggle out of it (or at least pay them just $45 -- that's the price of one of them on kijiji), but if I end up having to pay, I'll insist on a discount equal to that amount when I switch back in two years' time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Anyone on Wind mobile?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Anyone on Wind mobile?

Just switched my wife over.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Just switched my wife over. †

Lol, me too. I'll let her be the guinea pig.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Just switched my wife over. †

Lol, me too. I'll let her be the guinea pig.

Actually my second is also on Wind. †Got him a phone for his last year of highschool (to call if he needed a late pick up for after-school stuff; also because he started volunteering with Rogers Community Cable). †After he got it we found out that there is no coverage at his school (West Carleton). †So you have to be careful about the coverage maps.

But they have this new plan, $45, gets you unlimited everything (5GB data at full speed) all across Canada and the US. †They were recently bought by Telus so I wonder if this gives them access to a whole bunch of new "partner" networks. †

I'm still on my old BlackBerry from work. †Probably will be dropping that soon. †Maybe go cell-less for a little while.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, my wife signed up for the $45 plan. Gets her everything she had with Bell, plus more data, for almost half the cost. So far, so good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, my wife signed up for the $45 plan. Gets her everything she had with Bell, plus more data, for almost half the cost. So far, so good.

If (when?) my company cancels my Blackberry I'm most likely to go for that plan. I travel to Montreal to visit my mom quite a bit and need coverage there. Are there coverage maps for this plan?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Good thing, now that my wife's phone is unlocked if we travel somewhere (US, Europe) we can easily get a pre-paid SIM card for a local number and data.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, my wife signed up for the $45 plan. Gets her everything she had with Bell, plus more data, for almost half the cost. So far, so good.

If (when?) my company cancels my Blackberry I'm most likely to go for that plan. †I travel to Montreal to visit my mom quite a bit and need coverage there. †Are there coverage maps for this plan? †

Yes. Look at their website.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This plan looked new. I hadn't seen coverage maps showing Canada and US before and I suspect I won't find anything on the website.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So I dropped Netflix and signed up for Crave. I'll have both until the 2nd, though.

Apparently Crave alone doesn't get you GoT (at least not the latest season) so it looks like I'll have to pay $25 for a couple months to watch GoT, True Detective (I hear S3 is back to S1 quality) and whatever else. I've already binge rewatched the first 2 seasons of Letterkenny on the first day.

As for Bell, I'm still having issues with signal reception on the second floor where the pvr is located so I've given them an ultimatum. Fix it, refund me for the difference between expected good service and what I'm getting, or I walk when my 2 years are up (I believe that's May).

I'll miss not having TSN (and my wife will miss but having HGTV and TLC) but we mostly watch Prime and Netflix, now. And most of what we watch on cable is either crap or will be on one of the streaming services dinner or later. Probably save close to $100/month.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I axed my cable a year ago and don't miss it. I have various not-really-legal things set up to stream me everything I want.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Havenít had cable in years. I use teksavvy for Internet, Netflix and VPN for streaming. Gets me most of what I want and I can usually watch any hockey games through NHL stream. The days of cable are dead. They need to come up with better soltutions. Sportsnet and tsn need to come up with their own streaming services by the time the next renegotiation off with the NHL occurs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I just found that Crave (and I think that's just the $10/month version) has several "lifestyle" shows. That should satisfy my wife's needs Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum