You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Rant 'n' Rave » Rogers sucks; Bell sucks; which one sucks less?

Rogers sucks; Bell sucks; which one sucks less?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I axed my cable a year ago and don't miss it. I have various not-really-legal things set up to stream me everything I want.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Havenít had cable in years. I use teksavvy for Internet, Netflix and VPN for streaming. Gets me most of what I want and I can usually watch any hockey games through NHL stream. The days of cable are dead. They need to come up with better soltutions. Sportsnet and tsn need to come up with their own streaming services by the time the next renegotiation off with the NHL occurs.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I just found that Crave (and I think that's just the $10/month version) has several "lifestyle" shows. That should satisfy my wife's needs Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TSN does have a streaming service. It's $25ish per month and you get TSN 1 thru 5. I'm not sure how the NHL games work (if they're blacked out or not).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I cancelled cable for the summer and am using Crave for GOT and have the MLB.TV package for baseball. $160 for the year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:TSN does have a streaming service. †It's $25ish per month and you get TSN 1 thru 5. †I'm not sure how the NHL games work (if they're blacked out or not).

I thought you had to be a Rogers subscriber. The blackout regions mean everything. And I donít want to complain but 25$ a month is kind of a lot for a streaming platform.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, for $25 you get Crave with HBO, the Movie Network, Starz (or at least a bunch of their shows).

Isn't NHL around $200 for the season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Well, it's been over a week and nobody from Bell contacted me. The problem with connection dropping was especially bad yesterday during the Leafs-Bruins game, dropping every 5-10 minutes, even after a system reboot. I checked, and my contact is actually over June 19, not May, like I thought. And then I find out that there's still no Crave channel for the Roku. Bah!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting, went to check out Primus because they offer social deals for Costco members. But because I've got FTTH for the Bell line they can't offer me internet bundles. I guess their agreement with Bell is only for DSL (explains why they only offer speeds up to 60).

Guess I'm going to check out TekSavvy, Virgin, any others?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Never dreamed that having FTTH would *reduce* my options.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have TekSavvy cable and am happy. I know a few people with CarryTel, and they're satisfied too:
https://www.carrytel.ca/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
With 3 TVs and numerous other screens, 3 kids plus the adults, if I cut broadcast tv and only use streaming I think I'll need 100Mbps service and up. That cuts out DSL.

I tried the TekSavvy site but the availability check is not working. At least not on my phone.

I'm also thinking of getting rid of my home phone line and porting my old number to my mobile. Save a little more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum