You are not connected. Please login or register

» Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » Arnott traded to NJ

Arnott traded to NJ

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Ah, crap, didn't realize Arnott was a centre. For some reason I always thought he was a winger. OK, so they could use help at centre. Still, why Spezza?

Because he's available?

32Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Dash wrote:
N4L wrote:Preds will make a serious play for Spezza.

Or Fisher. His contract cap wise was essentially Arnott's, and his future wife is from the area. Sarcasm

Alright Neely, what's your take on a fair or reasonably logical trade for both sides? (involving Spezza to NAS I mean).

No clue, could be for Fisher too though if that's they way they would want to go.

I have no clue what Nashville would be able to offer for Spezza though.

33Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

wprager wrote:Ah, crap, didn't realize Arnott was a centre. For some reason I always thought he was a winger. OK, so they could use help at centre. Still, why Spezza?

He's available.

34Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
By the way, are we in danger of someone going after our RFAs with an offer sheet?

35Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:By the way, are we in danger of someone going after our RFAs with an offer sheet?

This stuff happened what, once in 5 years?

36Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:
Dash wrote:

Or Fisher. His contract cap wise was essentially Arnott's, and his future wife is from the area. Sarcasm

Alright Neely, what's your take on a fair or reasonably logical trade for both sides? (involving Spezza to NAS I mean).

No clue, could be for Fisher too though if that's they way they would want to go.

I think we can rule out Weber, and you can also rule out Suter. Both are huge pieces of that team. And prospects don't do Ottawa any good now. So I just don't get it.

37Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i read that Nashville wants to give those positions to up and coming players. they have a much lower self-imposed cap and aren't likely to go for a the kind of money spezza has on the books.

38Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:54 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Nashville fans are talking about how Arnott was disinterested over the last 2 years (but mostly last year) and that putting Wilson in that spot wouldn't be a huge step back.

It's a bit of a trial by fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Colin Wilson in the #1 slot and slot everyone else in behind him. It would be a weak group, but a cheap and effective group which is all Nashville really needs.

39Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
stempniaksen wrote:Nashville fans are talking about how Arnott was disinterested over the last 2 years (but mostly last year) and that putting Wilson in that spot wouldn't be a huge step back.

It's a bit of a trial by fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Colin Wilson in the #1 slot and slot everyone else in behind him. It would be a weak group, but a cheap and effective group which is all Nashville really needs.

That smells of rebuild - and I'm not sure Nashville can sustain a rebuild. Maybe not though, but unless they're gonna do something to replace Arnott and Hamhuis in some capacity, I don't like their chances in a uber competitive West.

40Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
They nearly beat the Champs though. THey were the closest of all 4 teams who played against Chicago(see how a mobile D corps can do wonders)
I don't see how you rebuild after a performance like that.
And to think Blum and Ellis are coming soon Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 432129

41Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Nashville fans are talking about how Arnott was disinterested over the last 2 years (but mostly last year) and that putting Wilson in that spot wouldn't be a huge step back.

That smells of rebuild - and I'm not sure Nashville can sustain a rebuild. Maybe not though, but unless they're gonna do something to replace Arnott and Hamhuis in some capacity, I don't like their chances in a uber competitive West.

This doesn't smell like a rebuild to me. It's more about giving wilson the room to develop into a solid top line guy, and he'll need big minutes to prove himself in that role. Same thing with the departure of Hamuis and letting Grebshekov, Franson, Klein, Ellis, Laakso, Rousell and more fight for minutes.

Nashville is never the favourite and somehow find a way to be competitive every year. Arnott and Hamuis won't be missed as much as people think, i'm convinced of it. Go read Nashville forums and you'd be surprised how much flack these guys get for not performing. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Klein and Wilson can mostly replace the players that went out the door.

Couple that with an improving Weber, Suter, Rinne, ect and that's still a very solid team.

42Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am

Dash wrote:
N4L wrote:
Dash wrote:

I think we can rule out Weber, and you can also rule out Suter. Both are huge pieces of that team. And prospects don't do Ottawa any good now. So I just don't get it.

I don't think NSH is even in the picture.

First of all, forget the Hamhuis trade entirely... No one anywhere actually believed they had the will (cap) or desire to re-sign him. That part of it means nothing.

Second, I'd be willing to bet that NJ inquired about Arnott in order to help entice Niedermayer back. Rolston, Langenbrunner, Elias, Pandolfo, Brodeur, and now Arnott, plus Rob Nieds? They may be trying to make a home-coming feel more like home. And why wouldn't NSH do that trade, if that's what they feel they could get for a pending UFA?

This is about getting young and freeing up dollars for the players that matter---the ones that are already on their roster. Hornqvist, Franson, and Greb have to be re-signed, and Weber is RFA after 2010-11. Maybe ethey go after Marleau, but more than likely, their target will be semi-young, second tier FA's.

Going after a player like Spezza not in their MO or financial reality, but I'd be pretty interested to read a compelling argument as to why it makes sense for them from a hockey perspective. I'm not sure I can come up with one...

43Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Seems to be a busy day... Arnott to NJ, PHI acquires Hamhuis... anything involving OTT?

Murray has a serious crush on Hamhuis, I'm sure he's pissed right now. Pissed enough to trade Volchenkov's rights? Or pissed enough to acquire Michalek's rights?

How do you know that? heresay? conjecture? a hunch? I doubt he cares all that much. And I seriously doubt it factors into his decision on Volchenkov, beyond setting a baseline price on his rights.

44Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:

All it smells of the is the same old tightwaddery in Music City. Rival GMs should be drawing plans on how they will get Weber, because he won't be in Nashville come next summer.

45Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:04 am

Gohan wrote:
Dash wrote:
N4L wrote:
Dash wrote:

Or Fisher. His contract cap wise was essentially Arnott's, and his future wife is from the area. Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 159628

I don't think NSH is even in the picture.

First of all, forget the Hamhuis trade entirely... No one anywhere actually believed they had the will (cap) or desire to re-sign him. That part of it means nothing.

Second, I'd be willing to bet that NJ inquired about Arnott in order to help entice Niedermayer back. Rolston, Langenbrunner, Elias, Pandolfo, Brodeur, and now Arnott, plus Rob Nieds? They may be trying to make a home-coming feel more like home. And why wouldn't NSH do that trade, if that's what they feel they could get for a pending UFA?

This is about getting young and freeing up dollars for the players that matter---the ones that are already on their roster. Hornqvist, Franson, and Greb have to be re-signed, and Weber is RFA after 2010-11. Maybe ethey go after Marleau, but more than likely, their target will be semi-young, second tier FA's.

Going after a player like Spezza not in their MO or financial reality, but I'd be pretty interested to read a compelling argument as to why it makes sense for them from a hockey perspective. I'm not sure I can come up with one...

I agree it's not NSH MO to go after big names but they do need a number 1 center, they have since they came into the league. Hockey wise I think it would make sense to go after one, maybe not Spezza, just one in general.

46Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Predators Gearing Up For Big Splash
The Nashville Predators will be a team to watch this off season. The are looking to make a splash and they might look to July 1st to do it. Sources say the Hamuis and Arnott deals were just the start of things. The Predators will look at U.F.A's Kovalchuk and Marleau but another option is Jason Spezza, he is a player the Predators have called the Senators about and are very interested in finalizing a deal with, they tried last trade deadline but the asking price was too high.

-http://nhlsourcessay.blogspot.com/

47Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dash wrote:Predators Gearing Up For Big Splash
The Nashville Predators will be a team to watch this off season. The are looking to make a splash and they might look to July 1st to do it. Sources say the Hamuis and Arnott deals were just the start of things. The Predators will look at U.F.A's Kovalchuk and Marleau but another option is Jason Spezza, he is a player the Predators have called the Senators about and are very interested in finalizing a deal with, they tried last trade deadline but the asking price was too high.

at the dealine? i freakin doubt it... i'm not opposed to an Ottawa NSH trade especially if the name weber is in there somewhere but i'm not gonna hold my breath on it.

48Arnott traded to NJ - Page 3 Empty Re: Arnott traded to NJ on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Dash wrote:Predators Gearing Up For Big Splash

at the dealine? i freakin doubt it... i'm not opposed to an Ottawa NSH trade especially if the name weber is in there somewhere but i'm not gonna hold my breath on it.

Especially with Arnott gone, it would have to be Weber, Suter, or something like Wilson + Hornqvist + 1st (for, say, Spezza + Foligno). Not holding my breath, but if Nashville is serious about it they'd make pretty good trading partners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum