GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Wow, you guys have my sympathy

Wow, you guys have my sympathy

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie
Seriously.

After the Heatly fiasco, which you had no hope of doing well with,

Now the Spezza BS... I can't see how that works out in any positive way. GM's aren't all stupid, some will smell blood. Then again, I am not sure how badly I would want a Spezza on my team.

Anyway, Ottawa fans are really getting a raw deal by these two Aholes.

Now you are all getting an idea of how much fun it is to be a Leaf fan the last couple years, albeit for different reasons.

2Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Guest


Guest
Aetherial wrote:Seriously.

After the Heatly fiasco, which you had no hope of doing well with,

Now the Spezza BS... I can't see how that works out in any positive way. GM's aren't all stupid, some will smell blood. Then again, I am not sure how badly I would want a Spezza on my team.

Anyway, Ottawa fans are really getting a raw deal by these two Aholes.

Now you are all getting an idea of how much fun it is to be a Leaf fan the last couple years, albeit for different reasons.

Yup, people should start to realize this.

Spezza quit on The Sens it seems.

3Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I believe there are issues with the Sens, obviously seeing the high turn over of players in the past 5 years. And the have run players out of town too, and are goalie killers.

4Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
are we through being coach killers? I think Clouston is in the clear no?

5Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Guest


Guest
Dash wrote:I believe there are issues with the Sens, obviously seeing the high turn over of players in the past 5 years. And the have run players out of town too, and are goalie killers.

Look at the players that have left though. All in that same group people were talking about 2 and 3 years ago. It's not like it's a different group of guys, it's not like it's the leaders.

Spezza is the last guy and he hasnt been able to handle it on his own without his buddies. Take it for what it's worth but he still has Emery, McGrattan, and Heatley in his ear. The guys a follower and this is a perfect example of it.

6Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Guest


Guest
Ottawa has been blessed with a ton of tallent and they have been cursed by the same tallent. Spezza is the last of the cancer IMO and things in Ottawa will improve from this point on.

People might not agree with that statement but that's my opinion on it. Sorry, but Spezza isnt what people believe he is, at least a lot of people.

7Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
So why did Murray re-sign Heatley and Spezza? Why didn't he move them prior to the deals or shortly after they re-signed, when they were of high value and before this all became public?

8Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Guest


Guest
Dash wrote:So why did Murray re-sign Heatley and Spezza? Why didn't he move them prior to the deals or shortly after they re-signed, when they were of high value and before this all became public?

They came off a Stanley Cup final. You have to have faith in guys and that might have been Murray's mistake. ANyways, Im just going by what I know and what I hear, you can choose to believe it or you can choose not to or ignore it completely, but I have been very accurate when talking about these things in reguards to that group of guys.

9Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I am not saying I don't believe you, I just want to now why our team's GM chose to keep these guys around if it was common knowledge they were a problem? Seems wrong to me. Coming off of a cup run would be the perfect time to make a move, at least he could use that as a smoke screen for the reason to move them, saying they needed a change of culture seeing as how it didn't work for the team. Now it is too late and it seems everyone in the know, knows they are substance abusing party animals with no heart and will, and are selfish players.

10Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Guest


Guest
Dash wrote:I am not saying I don't believe you, I just want to now why our team's GM chose to keep these guys around if it was common knowledge they were a problem? Seems wrong to me. Coming off of a cup run would be the perfect time to make a move, at least he could use that as a smoke screen for the reason to move them, saying they needed a change of culture seeing as how it didn't work for the team. Now it is too late and it seems everyone in the know, knows they are substance abusing party animals with no heart and will, and are selfish players.

Sens trade Heatley, Spezza, and Emery after reaching finals... I mean, does this really have to be talked about?


You have to show faith in people.

11Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's a big decision, but as long as we do well with this trade, we'll still be really powerful going forward IMO.

12Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Leafs would kill to have Spezza dishing to Kessel. Don't kid yourself!

13Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Too bad there's nothing I would want off their roster right now, or no picks I would want lol.

14Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Eh, there are conflicting reports. N4L, Senschirp and Eklund (note: not equating the three) think it's likely he gets moved. McKenzie says "perhaps." BDP (the last fiasco ruined his credibility somewhat but it's undeniable that he has inside info, unless you think he made stuff up and got insanely lucky) and Travis Yost (Wick signing) think it's unlikely, which would mean that the situation's not similar to the Heatley one.

I'm not totally sure I'd say that Ottawa fans are getting the raw end of the deal - unless you don't include the media, maybe. If Spezza deserves the majority of the criticism he gets, he certainly doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he gets relative to the amount of criticism received by other players on the Sens.

Kovalev earns only $2 million less than Spezza and put up 8 fewer points in 17 more games, while generally being a non-factor in a lot of games. Granted, he was the target of criticism. Fisher and Michalek both rake over $4 million a season and did jack-all in the second half but there's nary a peep about either. Actually, I'd say the only consistently-playing forwards who should be above any criticism for last season are Regin (a rookie) and the RKN line - though even that is a point of contention because we're spending too much money on the fourth line.

I can sympathize with Spezza to some extent, because while his criticisms are warranted, he's definitely also the scape-goat/whipping boy on the team, which is not warranted. That said, it's no reason to demand a trade.

15Wow, you guys have my sympathy Empty Re: Wow, you guys have my sympathy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ah, glad to see that he's officially been traded or officially requested a trade and Murray is working out the details, so we can all get back to enjoying the sunshine and watching the World Cup.

Wait. What? You mean there is nothing new? We're still just re-hashing the same hear-say, innuendo and "garenteed" information?

Never mind, then.

P.S. Aetherial, we're have you been hiding?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum