2010 HHOF Inductees

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12010 HHOF Inductees Empty 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
The NHL HHOF will be announcing their inductees for the 2010 class. Lindros' name has been mentioned, I personally think he lacks the professionalism and character to be inducted.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325333

Here's a funny Twitter quote from BDGallof:

BDGallof If Lindros gets into the HHOF, will his parents then pull him out and want him to enter a Hall of Fame elsewhere?

Also eligible are: Doug Gilmour, Joe Nieuwendyk, Dave Andreychuk, Dino Ciccarelli and Adam Oates

Other names being mentioned include Pat Burns (they better get him in there, he's an accomplished coach and unfortunately is very sick and may not have much longer) and Angela James for the Women's nominees.

22010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:20 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Please...anyone BUT Lindros! I dont' care about the hardware he's won (memorial cup, olympic gold, and hart trophy), but his refusal to play for the nordiques because he was required to learn french is absolutely bogus. If i were French Canadian, and a large part of the NHL is, I would be offended with his selection.

The NHL intervened to get him traded, which was the wrong message to send to players. Be a big baby, and get your way. Lindros epitomizes this....and let's reward him with the HOF? no thanks.

32010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
TSNBobMcKenzie Dino Cicarelli, Angela James and Cammi Granato to HHOF in player category. Jimmy Devellano and Doc Seaman in builder. Shocked no Pat Burns.

Wow. Disgusting.

42010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Boo-urns to no Pat Burns. 2010 HHOF Inductees 555492

52010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Who are Angela James and Cammi Granato and what are they doing in the Hall of Fame?

I'd rather have Lindros and Mogilny, thank you.

62010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:39 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Who are Angela James and Cammi Granato and what are they doing in the Hall of Fame?

First women to be inducted into the HOF. Lindros and Mogilny can suck it 2010 HHOF Inductees 233319

72010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Who are Angela James and Cammi Granato and what are they doing in the Hall of Fame?

First women to be inducted into the HOF. Lindros and Mogilny can suck it 2010 HHOF Inductees 233319

Lindros, Mogilny, and Bure are all more worthy than those two.

82010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Are you saying this knowing what Angele James and Cammi Granato meant for Women's hockey?

92010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Are you saying this knowing what Angele James and Cammi Granato meant for Women's hockey?

I'm sorry but the Hall of Fame should be mainly for what you did for hockey in general, and hockey in general is predominately a MEN'S game. Most people don't even know who these two are. You don't see women being inducted into Cooperstown or the Football Hall of Fame.

They deserve recognition, but not HHOf recognition.

102010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I'm sorry but the Hall of Fame should be mainly for what you did for hockey in general, and hockey in general is predominately a MEN'S game. Most people don't even know who these two are. You don't see women being inducted into Cooperstown or the Football Hall of Fame.

They deserve recognition, but not HHOf recognition.

? u think kids grow up dreaming about being the next great referee in this game? Its about time some women got recognition and enter the HOF. There's no baseball for women (but softball) or football either, and neither is an olympic sport (softball is). Women's hockey is a women's sport and with a few more legends that can be immortalized in the HOF, and u'll see more girls playing with female role models on their minds.

112010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So then have a Women's Hockey Hall of Fame if women's hockey is it's own seperate sport.

122010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I love women's hockey. It combines two of my favourite things - Women and hockey.

I think it is a shame women have to work to support their hockey careers, where as men get paid to play hockey for a living.

For women to even make money they have to go to Europe, and I doubt it's even close to what the lowest paid AHLer gets.

Ottawa has the Senators of the CWHL - go out and support the ladies.

132010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

142010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

So then why did you write "women's hockey is a women's sport". If that's the case, then they should have their own Hall of Fame.

152010 HHOF Inductees Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

So then why did you write "women's hockey is a women's sport". If that's the case, then they should have their own Hall of Fame.

Like men's hockey is a men's sport. I mean that its a legitimate sport, but its the same sport that men play. Why shouldn't female pioneers be recognized for their work in a class that is dominated by male atheletes? Its the contribution to the sport of hockey, not men's hockey, women's hockey. Hockey in general. Female hockey players, as Dash mentioned, don't get paid much at all, and gotta support themselves with other jobs. My argument is that female hockey pioneers belong in the HHOF. They've helped spread this game to female athletes who already don't have much inspiration to play, yet they've grown that market.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum