You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2010 HHOF Inductees

2010 HHOF Inductees

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

162010 HHOF Inductees - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 pm

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

172010 HHOF Inductees - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

So then why did you write "women's hockey is a women's sport". If that's the case, then they should have their own Hall of Fame.

182010 HHOF Inductees - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:I don't know dude...they play with a puck, a hockey stick, they skate, and have goalies. Sounds like they play the same game, hockey. Separate organization, yes, but the sport is the same.

So then why did you write "women's hockey is a women's sport". If that's the case, then they should have their own Hall of Fame.

Like men's hockey is a men's sport. I mean that its a legitimate sport, but its the same sport that men play. Why shouldn't female pioneers be recognized for their work in a class that is dominated by male atheletes? Its the contribution to the sport of hockey, not men's hockey, women's hockey. Hockey in general. Female hockey players, as Dash mentioned, don't get paid much at all, and gotta support themselves with other jobs. My argument is that female hockey pioneers belong in the HHOF. They've helped spread this game to female athletes who already don't have much inspiration to play, yet they've grown that market.

192010 HHOF Inductees - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran
The fact that women hockey players got inducted, while so many deserving men were left out, is Dung, quite frankly. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of this PC nonsense.

To take them over Bure, Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Andreychuk,Oates, hell, even Lindros, is ridiculous.

I have no problem with women in the Hall, but make it a separate category, like the builders. Still have one or two inducted every year if necessary, but don't leave out the great men because you have to meet this quota every year.

How long before we run out of great women, and Mrs Howe gets in?

202010 HHOF Inductees - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 HHOF Inductees on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Tuk Tuk wrote:The fact that women hockey players got inducted, while so many deserving men were left out, is Dung, quite frankly. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of this PC nonsense.

To take them over Bure, Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Andreychuk,Oates, hell, even Lindros, is ridiculous.

I have no problem with women in the Hall, but make it a separate category, like the builders. Still have one or two inducted every year if necessary, but don't leave out the great men because you have to meet this quota every year.

How long before we run out of great women, and Mrs Howe gets in?

But what quota is this? This is the first time they inducted women ever. I'm all for a separate category to induct them into, but lets not pretend the men are getting the short end of the stick.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum