You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Vancouver is a serious team now with serious players. They are going for it next year, no doubt about that one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:Vancouver is a serious team now with serious players. They are going for it next year, no doubt about that one.

I'd like to see Luongo show some poise and steal a series...or even a game...before I declare them Champs.

N4L wrote:Ballard makes a cup contender better, what good does the 25th do for them? Hardly anything. Bernier play in the playoffs? Grabner might turn out to be a good player, not really needed in Vancouver though.

Great move by The Canucks.

I love that NYR is in The East.

The window is short. I agree: good move by Van city. Grabner doesn't exactly scream "top line forward"... you can find Grabner's on every team in the league. Great trade.

Thats exactly it. Vancouver needs to go for it and that 25th overall pick is 3, 4 years away from getting a sniff at making the team with the depth they have. Love that move by Vancouver.

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Vancouver is a serious team now with serious players. They are going for it next year, no doubt about that one.

I'd like to see Luongo show some poise and steal a series...or even a game...before I declare them Champs.

He stole one against Dallas a couple years back.

I just think they need to avoid the Hawks. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league 62136

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Ballard makes a cup contender better, what good does the 25th do for them? Hardly anything. Bernier play in the playoffs? Grabner might turn out to be a good player, not really needed in Vancouver though.

Great move by The Canucks.

I love that NYR is in The East.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. I like Ballard a lot, but tell me why they couldn't have gotten Volchenkov or Hamhuis or Michalek and kept their depth at forward a little?

Whatever, one of their D is gone. Bieksa or Salo (good luck) I would guess.

Ballard is under contract for the long long run. They must love his price tag, and defi not willing to go over that with Hamhuis or Volchie. I am in full agreement, this is a fantastic move for the Canucks.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
There is a 0% chance if I was offered Ballard for the 25th overall pick Id say no.

That's the 25th, Bernier and Grabner, not just the 25th. The 25th is a nice, refreshing prospect for your system, the other two can play NHL hockey immediately. I don't know which way I am on this one. Bernier hasn't panned out, but there's still time. The wildcard is Grabner I guess.

The Nucks have Hodgson, Schroeder, Rodin in the system and youngish forwards on the roster like Raymond, Hansen, Shirokov and Kesler. They could definitely afford to part ways with some forwards to help out their pretty mediocre defence.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
There is a 0% chance if I was offered Ballard for the 25th overall pick Id say no.

That's the 25th, Bernier and Grabner, not just the 25th. The 25th is a nice, refreshing prospect for your system, the other two can play NHL hockey immediately. I don't know which way I am on this one. Bernier hasn't panned out, but there's still time. The wildcard is Grabner I guess.

The Nucks have Hodgson, Schroeder, Rodin in the system and youngish forwards on the roster like Raymond, Hansen, Shirokov and Kesler. They could definitely afford to part ways with some forwards to help out their pretty mediocre defence.

The GM of the Canucks in the sim agrees.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Sorry guys, I think Hodgson's got a lot ahead of him. For someone who is a fan of the Brampton team, has followed them for the past 2 years, has met the guy, and seen him play many times, I can tell you that he looked a lot different after missing almost an entire season with a serious back injury. He looked very small, likely lost weight from not working out, and missing that much time really effects your development.

I really like him and wish him the best but I think he's a guy that if he had been eligible for the draft this year, would have slipped considerably. You think Cowen's injury affected his draft position and development, well this is worse.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
a poster over at the chirp says he read an article that siad volchy might be resigned for 3.7 cap fro 6-7 years he is going to send me the link and i will post it here when that happens

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
this just in from tsn.ca
The Boston Bruins consummated a trade on Saturday, sending forward Vladimir Sobotka to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for unsigned prospect David Warsofsky.
The 22-year old Sobotka had four goals and six assists in 61 games
for the Bruins last season. In 134 career games he has six goals and
16 assists.

The 20-year old Warsofsky was the Blues fourth round pick, 95th
overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He has spent the past two seasons
with Boston University. In 79 games with BU, the Marshfield,
Massachusetts native has 15 goals and 31 assists.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't know if this has been discussed, but Savard has waived his NTC to go to Ottawa or Toronto!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed, but Savard has waived his NTC to go to Ottawa or Toronto!

We touched on it in the Spezza thread. I would love to have him obviously.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed, but Savard has waived his NTC to go to Ottawa or Toronto!

Wow how did I miss all that? I didn't get any Future of Spezza updates in my e-mail!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe we can turn him into a winger to "get Fish going"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum