GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie So the best targets for offer sheets are RFAs with no arb rights: James Neal (DAL), Bobby Ryan (ANA) and Marc Staal (NYR), amongst others.

Me likey Neal and Ryan looooooooooong time.

Ottawa could probably trade for Neal. Ryan will be expensive.

Dreger is basically saying that the Bruins are really desperate to move Savard. Yet Ottawa won't even try? What a Diddling joke.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Maybe sign O'Sullivan if he gets bought-out? He still has talent.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:TSNBobMcKenzie So the best targets for offer sheets are RFAs with no arb rights: James Neal (DAL), Bobby Ryan (ANA) and Marc Staal (NYR), amongst others.

Dreger is basically saying that the Bruins are really desperate to move Savard. Yet Ottawa won't even try? What a Diddling joke.

The importance of making sure our D is set probably trumps Savard. That said, if we can even think about Cullen, we can make space for Savard.

I trust Murray though, I can be dissuaded about Savard. Not about a D-man though, better get me a Michalek, Hamhuis, Martin or Gonchar, or I won't be pleased at all. Don't bring some 'hometown' guy like Sean O'Donnell here. We're all stocked up on that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:Maybe sign O'Sullivan if he gets bought-out? He still has talent.

He failed in the one market where he could readily have top 6 minutes. I think we'd better stay away from reclamation projects after Cheechoo's horrendous failures.

So help me...if Cheechoo gets 40 goals next year... Mad

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The importance of making sure our D is set probably trumps Savard. That said, if we can even think about Cullen, we can make space for Savard.

I trust Murray though, I can be dissuaded about Savard. Not about a D-man though, better get me a Michalek, Hamhuis, Martin or Gonchar, or I won't be pleased at all. Don't bring some 'hometown' guy like Sean O'Donnell here. We're all stocked up on that.

There are ways to add Savard AND still set up our D. It's up to Murray to be aggressive and creative.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
By the way, if you traded Shannon and Lee and DIDN'T buy-out Cheechoo, you'd be covering half of Savard's cap hit right there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:By the way, if you traded Shannon and Lee and DIDN'T buy-out Cheechoo, you'd be covering half of Savard's cap hit right there.

Tell that to the people who call it a 'business' and 'not real money to us'. But hey, whatever makes everyone happy. Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:By the way, if you traded Shannon and Lee and DIDN'T buy-out Cheechoo, you'd be covering half of Savard's cap hit right there.

Tell that to the people who call it a 'business' and 'not real money to us'. But hey, whatever makes everyone happy. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 54934

I don't think it's good business to compromise your cap, possibly hurting playoff success and revenue to save 600 grand over 2 years but what do I know. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 105237

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Anaheim is pretty much daring anyone to try and offer sheet Ryan.

Neal is a bit more likely as Dallas is broke but Nieuwendyk should get fired if he lets Neal leave.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Woo the Top 10 most awkward draft photos!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-10-most-awkward-NHL-Draft-rookie-glamour-sho?urn=nhl,251670

My favourite:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 Ept_sports_nhl_experts-24335150-1277659588

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
^WTF!! How odd! Who is that? General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 62136

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 Ept_sports_nhl_experts-549467639-1277659526

This one takes the cake! General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 62136

10. Kirill Kabanov, New York Islanders
The controversial Russian prospect, taken No. 65 overall, was a court jester in post-draft interviews and clearly didn't mind allowing his personality out in front of the camera. Unless, of course, he misunderstood this as a gingivitis exam.

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 Ept_sports_nhl_experts-898612997-1277659820

This guy is pure money, I want him now just for this!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 Ept_sports_nhl_experts-392950387-1277659745

4. Max Gardiner, St. Louis Blues
By day, he's happy-go-lucky center Max Gardiner, taken No. 74 overall by the St. Louis Blues. By night, he's apparently Mickey Rourke from "Sin City." This is like that episode of "Seinfield" where the woman looked completely different depending on the lighting; a "Two-Face," to use the Seinfeldian vernacular.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sergei Kostitsyn & futures to Nashville for Dustin Boyd & Dan Ellis as of Bobby Mac's twitter.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Sergei Kostitsyn & futures to Nashville for Dustin Boyd & Dan Ellis as of Bobby Mac's twitter.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 270956

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Wasn't he nearly let go or suspended last year? Did Nashville mistake him for Andrei?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Wasn't he nearly let go or suspended last year? Did Nashville mistake him for Andrei?

Laugh1 No, Nashville have Montreal 2 UFAs for an RFA if I'm not mistaken. Basically a garbage for nothing trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum