You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
finaly! now let's get on with our lives!

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
damn how did we miss this interview?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332425

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:damn how did we miss this interview?

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332425
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332425[/quote[/url]]

I actually heard it. He also threatened a lawsuit if Savard's contract was overturned. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 270956

You know why he said that? Because it's exactly what he will, and should, do.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I heard that on the way home.

Basically, "If Marc's contract is voided and he becomes an unrestricted free agent after the free agency period, then you can imagine the lawsuit that will follow."

I was impressed, he's not mincing one work - nor should he.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I heard that on the way home.

Basically, "If Marc's contract is voided and he becomes an unrestricted free agent after the free agency period, then you can imagine the lawsuit that will follow."

I was impressed, he's not mincing one work - nor should he.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Well, if he DOES become a FA, Ottawa could sign him and give up nothing to get him (but they'd have to move $$$ unless he signs for what little cap space we do have, or league minimum)... obviously not happening

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Has no-one even mentioned the Price contract? 2 years @ $2.75M per. They saved $1M over Halak Facepalm

I guess none of this for a while:
Burning Car


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If you say so. I'm not sure how it would work, but Marc lost a significant % of teams with cap flexibility at this point. 99% of the teams he wanted to play for would be out of the picture and the value of his next deal could be significantly less.

I would say he has a good case personally, but I don't know the law.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:Well, if he DOES become a FA, Ottawa could sign him and give up nothing to get him (but they'd have to move $$$ unless he signs for what little cap space we do have, or league minimum)... obviously not happening

I didn't read this when I posted, this is exactly what I meant.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Chris Steward signs extension, 2 years/2.85 million cap hit per year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Staal will miss the start of training camp.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
MSP will shorten his name to just Paajarvi.

By the way, all of you who weren't pronouncing it like 'pe-ya-YAR-vee', raise your hands.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Hands460


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:MSP will shorten his name to just Paajarvi.

By the way, all of you who weren't pronouncing it like 'pe-ya-YAR-vee', raise your hands.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Hands460

FOUR syllables? Really?!?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
He should have kept Svensson General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 270956

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If you say so. I'm not sure how it would work, but Marc lost a significant % of teams with cap flexibility at this point. 99% of the teams he wanted to play for would be out of the picture and the value of his next deal could be significantly less.

I would say he has a good case personally, but I don't know the law.

His on-ice performance is completely and totally unrelated to his contract. During a lawsuit, the sole focus would be the contract itself. Unfortunately for Savard and his agent, just as the loophole for NHL GMs exists to fool around with the numbers to lower the cap hit there also exists a loophole for the NHL in legal matter with the section of CBA that is defined by the "circumvention of the spirit of the CBA." It's such a grey area, a good lawyer (never mind the ones that the NHL could afford) could argue that the definition of the term is vague enough to include Savard's contract, even though it's not as egregious a circumvention as others are.

So who do you think would win: the billionaire owners or the millionaire players?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Interesting, that would suck hard for Savard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Thing is, the rules allowing for the year-to-year salary increases or decreases, and the calculation of the cap hit are clearly spelled out, whereas the "circumvention" part is very, very imprecise. Any lawyer worth his salt would clearly use that to his advantage. Which rules take precedence -- the ones that are open to interpretation or the clear math formulas?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Mike Comrie has signed with the Pens, presumably for dirt cheap:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/comrie_to_the_penguins/

Probably the very best spot he could have hoped to land.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum