GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Interesting, that would suck hard for Savard.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Thing is, the rules allowing for the year-to-year salary increases or decreases, and the calculation of the cap hit are clearly spelled out, whereas the "circumvention" part is very, very imprecise. Any lawyer worth his salt would clearly use that to his advantage. Which rules take precedence -- the ones that are open to interpretation or the clear math formulas?

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
Mike Comrie has signed with the Pens, presumably for dirt cheap:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/comrie_to_the_penguins/

Probably the very best spot he could have hoped to land.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow, Comrie's the luckiest SOB in the world right now. He should be thanking his lucky stars over and over and over again.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Where does he line up? Wing? Down the middle? What kind of role too... Ottawa relegated him to a checker lol.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:Mike Comrie has signed with the Pens, presumably for dirt cheap:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/comrie_to_the_penguins/

Probably the very best spot he could have hoped to land.

You know they're tight for depth in Pittsburgh when they can't afford Guerin anymore and have to turn to Comrie for league minimum.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
3rd line centre to replace Staal...I'm not a Comrie fan but that's a damn good deal for the Pens

Guerin couldn't fill that role, so it's a little different.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:3rd line centre to replace Staal...I'm not a Comrie fan but that's a damn good deal for the Pens

If they brought in Comrie to center the third line, they're Cussed. There's no other way to put it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
They'll put him on the wing like in Ottawa. 2nd line, or even top line. Lucky SOB. Good for him though, I've always liked him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PKC wrote:
Big Ev wrote:3rd line centre to replace Staal...I'm not a Comrie fan but that's a damn good deal for the Pens

If they brought in Comrie to center the third line, they're Cussed. There's no other way to put it.

Well that's where I think he'll play...IMO, he's probably not gonna play with Crosby or Malkin, he would just bring them down. He'll most likely centre Cooke and Kennedy's line.

Kunitz-Crosby-Tangradi/Jeffrey
Malkin-Staal-Jeffrey/Tangradi
Cooke-Comrie-Kennedy

Comrie is not a true winger and he has rarely played the wing in his career. The only way he moves up to the top 2 lines is because of injuries or if the rookies aren't ready yet (which could happen, but they are really set on bringing both in to add some punch on the wings). Actualy, Jeffrey might not make it now that Asham is there as well...many different scenarios could play out.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Kovalchuk deal accepted, new regulations regarding long-term contracts coming down the pipeline...

Let's hope the NHL did this right and has closed the loophole!

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie
rooneypoo wrote:Kovalchuk deal accepted, new regulations regarding long-term contracts coming down the pipeline...

Let's hope the NHL did this right and has closed the loophole!

Bah, I think the whole things is self-defeating. The owners, via Bettman, spent all this time pushing for a cap, only to turn around and try to find ways around it.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
ddt wrote:

Bah, I think the whole things is self-defeating. The owners, via Bettman, spent all this time pushing for a cap, only to turn around and try to find ways around it.

Cap has done more good than harm in my opinion, they just made a mistake by leaving a loophole. Can't really blame GMs for trying to bend the rules as much as they can.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's time for Salvidor or Zubrus or Rolston to be moved.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:It's time for Salvidor or Zubrus or Rolston to be moved.

Don't forget about Zajac. Haha. Wink wink.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i'm sure they'll find takers for zubrus. the other two.... we'll see.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
CockRoche wrote:

Don't forget about Zajac. Haha. Wink wink.

Yeah...I thought of adding him because of our talk, but I still don't believe they would move him. I'd love to be wrong though, I really dislike that team.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
i'm sure they'll find takers for zubrus. the other two.... we'll see.

Really? If you were a GM, would you take Zubrus and his $3,400,000 over the next three years and give no salary back in return?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum