GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

286FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
N4L wrote:No one wants to be in Atlanta, NO ONE.

Not even Ted Turner?

287FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
What about your buddy Ben Eager, does he want to be there?

288FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:What about your buddy Ben Eager, does he want to be there?

Haha, good point. Atlanta... Hot weather, team starving to pay people to play there, being able to walk around in public and not worry about fans harassing you as they would in some cities... what else do you want?

I don't know about you, but if an NHL team wanted to not only pay me to play in their city, but were counting on me to be a star (like in Edmonton) I would play there proudly.

289FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

haha why are ppl -ing this? +1 sir! FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 270956

290FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
TSN reporting Kovalchuk 'on the verge' of signing with the Devils for around 8.6 per season.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326655

291FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
dennycrane wrote:TSN reporting Kovalchuk 'on the verge' of signing with the Devils for around 8.6 per season.
[url=http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326655
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326655[/quote[/url]]

OMG after all that?! Geez...

Apparently the KHL are ready to offer him a 3 year deal worth $45 million.

292FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Michallica wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:its probably another case of thinking he'd get waay more money through free agency than he was offered back in February by the thrashers. He's getting nowhere near that money now. nice job shooting himself in the foot.

He didn't want to stay in Atlanta, I don't think it's about the money he wants to play for a contender (which the Thrashers are not).

Then why's he signing in New Jersey? FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 159628

BURN!!!!!!!! FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 65556

293FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

While I disagree, I still think they are a lost cause for an NHL franchise and should be long gone to Canada. But I still think some people should be blessed to be able to be playing in the NHL period.

SensGirl11 wrote:
dennycrane wrote:TSN reporting Kovalchuk 'on the verge' of signing with the Devils for around 8.6 per season.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326655
[url=http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326655[/wysi_quote]

OMG after all that?! Geez...

Apparently the KHL are ready to offer him a 3 year deal worth $45 million.

I think that would be a bad move. I am not sure what that would do for Parise next season. I realize Kovalchuk's the 2nd leading goal scorer since the lock out, but what he is asking to be paid is franchise altering.

294FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Interesting... The Ducks have 20 players and ~$16M in cap space. Imagine they signed Kovalchuk? And they could keep Ryan too, or trade him or receive an offer sheet and they'd still be ridiculous. Why hasn't this been mentioned?

295FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
My sources are saying that he's close to signing in Jokerit.

296FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
the SEL? Over Russia? weird.

297FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:My sources are saying that he's close to signing in Jokerit.

Source?

298FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

My source wants to remain anonymous. Please, don't ask again.

Dash, Jokerit is in the SM-liiga and Kovalchuk really likes the direction they are going in. He feels they are SERIOUS contenders for the Kanada-malja.

299FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Campoli filed for arbitration.

300FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

Dash, Jokerit is in the SM-liiga and Kovalchuk really likes the direction they are going in. He feels they are SERIOUS contenders for the Kanada-malja.

I'm not sure if you're pulling our legs or not, haha.

301FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Whoops, Finnish league, my bad. I knew it wasn't KHL though.

302FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SDH89 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

I'm not sure if you're pulling our legs or not, haha.

Even I was stunned when my source relayed this information to me.

He says that Kovalchuk fell in love with Helskinki, the city in which Jokerit plays, when he was at the 2001 World Championships that were held in Finland. He even met a nice Finnish girl there, and they instantly hit it off. Word is she gave birth to a Russian-Finnish baby at a Helsinki bus station 9 months later. Again, this is all hearsay at this point.

Getting a foreign player like Kovalchuk to play for them would immediately boost Joekrit's reputation around the hockey world.

303FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 20 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Even I was stunned when my source relayed this information to me.

He says that Kovalchuk fell in love with Helskinki, the city in which Jokerit plays, when he was at the 2001 World Championships that were held in Finland. He even met a nice Finnish girl there, and they instantly hit it off. Word is she gave birth to a Russian-Finnish baby at a Helsinki bus station 9 months later. Again, this is all hearsay at this point.

Getting a foreign player like Kovalchuk to play for them would immediately boost Joekrit's reputation around the hockey world.

That's going to be one highly touted prospect. Draft eligible in 2019?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum