You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:If you're Brodeur why don't you just take what they will give you? Don't ruin a near perfect career.

And vice versa. Nows not the time to nickel and dime him.

They gave him everything. No way he would have been as successful anywhere else like he was in NJ. Comes a point in time where the team owes you nothing... Brodeur owes NJ.

No, but if I was the Devils, I would have easily hammered out this deal by now. Why is posturing an option here? We want you back (obviously), what kind of $$ are you looking for? 4 million? Sounds good, let's do it.

Done.

482FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I agree with you but I do give him a little more credit then you seem to. Brodeur was a great goalie but not the best of all time like some people suggest. Not even close. I wouldn't put him top 5.

Roy
Hasek
Dryden
Sawchuk
Esposito

That's mine.

483FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Agreed, but that's a debate for another day. Today would be the day where I sign him because I want to and because he's a Devil through and through and because I don't want to seek out another option right now.

484FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:I agree with you but I do give him a little more credit then you seem to. Brodeur was a great goalie but not the best of all time like some people suggest. Not even close. I wouldn't put him top 5.

Roy
Hasek
Dryden
Sawchuk
Esposito

That's mine.

Bolded is the bottom line for me. I honestly don't care if he's among the top goalies for some people. To put him ahead of Roy is criminal.

485FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:03 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:Sarich re-signs in Calgary for 2years, $4M. Not bad at all.

Just had this pointed out to me:

With the Sarich re-signing, CGY now has 8 D under contract, with only Brodie on a 2-way deal.

You have to think that CGY is gearing up to move one of JBo or Babchuk.

486FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
rooneypoo wrote:

With the Sarich re-signing, CGY now has 8 D under contract, with only Brodie on a 2-way deal.

Brodie is my gf's family friend and I know he isn't going anywhere other than Calgary.

487FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Brodie is my gf's family friend and I know he isn't going anywhere other than Calgary.

Unless he gets traded or sent to Abbotsford, you mean? Sarcasm

488FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:If you're Brodeur why don't you just take what they will give you? Don't ruin a near perfect career.

They gave him everything. No way he would have been as successful anywhere else like he was in NJ. Comes a point in time where the team owes you nothing... Brodeur owes NJ.

No, but if I was the Devils, I would have easily hammered out this deal by now. Why is posturing an option here? We want you back (obviously), what kind of $$ are you looking for? 4 million? Sounds good, let's do it.

Done.

For a team that's potentially facing bankruptcy? It's probably easier said than done.

489FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Done.

For a team that's potentially facing bankruptcy? It's probably easier said than done.

One way or another they're gonna have to get a goalie, and that's due to cost money pretty much no matter what. Plus, there's a cap floor that they'll have to deal with. 4-5 mil for a HOF goalie who loves your organization and can still play...you make the room for.

490FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Done.

One way or another they're gonna have to get a goalie, and that's due to cost money pretty much no matter what. Plus, there's a cap floor that they'll have to deal with. 4-5 mil for a HOF goalie who loves your organization and can still play...you make the room for.

Marty Brodeur loves Marty Brodeur. He'll "bolt" to the Lightning for BIG dollars...

If he cared that much he would have went to the team on his own and talked about a one year deal that helps the team add some pieces or possibly retain Parise.

491FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Looks like Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky himself was part of the team of pitchmen for the Oilers in the Schultz-stakes.

492FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky himself was part of the team of pitchmen for the Oilers in the Schultz-stakes.

Paul Coffey as well apparently. Funny because Schultz wasn't even born when they played for the Oilers.

I can't decide whether this is really clever or utterly pathetic.

493FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pathetic.

494FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
This Schultz sweepstakes is getting downright silly....and surprise! It's the oilers to tame the league down a few more pegs

495FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's really silly. Thank goodness it's over tomorrow.

496FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If Schultz signs in Edmonton he's an even bigger toolbag then I thought he was. Getting a call from Gretz who hasn't played there in 20 years + doesn't even care about Canada anymore or the Oilers in general really isn't a big deal. Whatever though, they need him more than we do. They just look like beggars.

497FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Bobby Ryan:

What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.

Devante Smith-Pelly:

“@b_ryan9: What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.” the suspense is killing me

------------------------------

Funny because Ryan and Schultz share agencies (Newport Sports)...

scratch that. Same agents period. Don Meehan.

498FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 33 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
Big Ev wrote:If Schultz signs in Edmonton he's an even bigger toolbag then I thought he was. Getting a call from Gretz who hasn't played there in 20 years + doesn't even care about Canada anymore or the Oilers in general really isn't a big deal. Whatever though, they need him more than we do. They just look like beggars.

Not sure that is fair or true. Just because he isn't Tom Cruise shouting while jumping on a coach doesn't mean he doesn't care about the team and city. I do agree, that a call from Gretz, for a kid of Shultz's generation may not mean much. Maybe if it were from Niedermayer or Lidstrom then it may hold some clout with this guy.

In the end Signing with Edmonton isn't a huge deal, and you have no idea what kind of pitch Murray has given. He's even admitted through the press that other teams are catching on to they pitch for college players and starting to make in roads. The only team I'd think he was a tool to sign with would be Toronto. The only reason that makes sense is his former team mate, but that's 2 years of hell waiting to happen and a coach like Carlyle will ruin this kid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum