You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

931 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
Hoags wrote:Doubtful that Spezza will have the same impact but who knows ?

How old was Alfie when people wanted to run him out of town because he couldn't lead us to a Cup ?

Anyone notice how it was Spezza who called Methot to welcome him to the team ? He's slowly taking charge.

The guy has pretty much been the team spokesman through the media for the past 2 seasons as well (with Foligno oddly enough, and obviously Karlsson more this season) so it's not hard to see what direction the team is going in regards to who they want leading this team.

932 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:48 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Spezza's appears to have really matured and I think he might actually be the next captain, but when Alfie goes there's definitely gonna be a major void in the on and off ice leadership area. If we were to acquire a guy like Doan, not only is it an infusion of grit and talent, you soften that blow.

Or that was my thought initially anyway.

933 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Doubtful that Spezza will have the same impact but who knows ?

How old was Alfie when people wanted to run him out of town because he couldn't lead us to a Cup ?

Anyone notice how it was Spezza who called Methot to welcome him to the team ? He's slowly taking charge.

Ok but... sure wish he'd take charge, on the ice, during the playoffs. Dammit!

934 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Spezza has come a long, long ways and I think everyone has to give him credit for that. The issue now is whether he does have that extra gear and that ability to lead... we'll see.

He's the next captain no question but Alfi's shoes are next to impossible to fill. He needs to find his own way of doing things.

935 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like Suter may announce his decision today... via John Shannon:

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/220484921507069952

"Could be a great 4th of July party in Madison Wisconsin. Neil Sheehy tells me the decision will "likely" be announced Wednesday afternnon."

936 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Word is Parise will announce today as well... and that they may have done this as they wanted to play together... hmmm... Minnesota Wild says what?

937 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:Word is Parise will announce today as well... and that they may have done this as they wanted to play together... hmmm... Minnesota Wild says what?

Be so so sweet if Parise leaves the East. Panthers are worse off, Devils are worse off, Caps are probably worse off... But the Sens did nothing!!! except add depth to basically the same team that was a top 10 team in the NHL after October.

938 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Be so so sweet if Parise leaves the East. Panthers are worse off, Devils are worse off, Caps are probably worse off... But the Sens did nothing!!! except add depth to basically the same team that was a top 10 team in the NHL after October.

Caps got Ribeiro and Oates should be a better coach than Hunter was. Might see them take the SE again.

939 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Caps got Ribeiro and Oates should be a better coach than Hunter was. Might see them take the SE again.

I would take Semin 100 times over Ribeiro and I can't stand Semin.

I think Backstrom will bounce back though. Their defense is still real iffy and we'll see how Holtby does being the #1 guy for more than a small playoff run.

940 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:

I think Backstrom will bounce back though. Their defense is still real iffy and we'll see how Holtby does being the #1 guy for more than a small playoff run.

Ribeiro would be a #2C for them, I don't think they've ever had a legit #2C.

Elsewhere in the East:

Panthers would get Luongo which would be a boost, I believe Huberdeau will be with them next year.

Devils will be worse without Parise, no question.

Flyers have enough offence to overcome their awful D and Bryzgalov. If they had a real goalie and a healthy Pronger I think they'd be a SC contender. We'll see how they do next year but I can't say they'll miss the playoffs.

Ottawa stayed pretty much the same. Potential for improvement given that our rookies from last year will have experience. Methot fills a need for us (a legit shutdown D who can hit). Then there's the Silfverberg/Zib/Stone factor, any of those could make the team and be a force. I can't expect it but I find it hard to believe they'll bust either.

941 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Steve Sullivan to the Coyotes.

942 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Ribeiro would be a #2C for them, I don't think they've ever had a legit #2C.

Elsewhere in the East:

Panthers would get Luongo which would be a boost, I believe Huberdeau will be with them next year.

Devils will be worse without Parise, no question.

Flyers have enough offence to overcome their awful D and Bryzgalov
. If they had a real goalie and a healthy Pronger I think they'd be a SC contender. We'll see how they do next year but I can't say they'll miss the playoffs.

Ottawa stayed pretty much the same. Potential for improvement given that our rookies from last year will have experience. Methot fills a need for us (a legit shutdown D who can hit). Then there's the Silfverberg/Zib/Stone factor, any of those could make the team and be a force. I can't expect it but I find it hard to believe they'll bust either.

Don't know about that. Jagr up and left as well. Either way, they need a lot to go right for them to overcome that D. I think Giroux is a super star now but beside Simmonds and Hartnell (career year last year as well) then have nothing they can really count on. Briere is a solid #2 center but his regular seasons are not always the greatest and they need it to be to get into the playoffs.

Their whole team basically rests on the shoulders on one player.

943 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:

Don't know about that. Jagr up and left as well. Either way, they need a lot to go right for them to overcome that D. I think Giroux is a super star now but beside Simmonds and Hartnell (career year last year as well) then have nothing they can really count on. Briere is a solid #2 center but his regular seasons are not always the greatest and they need it to be to get into the playoffs.

Voracek, Schenn and Couturier are in there as well. We'll see what happens as it seems they'll lose Carle.

The Sens are basically riding Spezza, not much different from the Flyers and Giroux.

944 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Voracek, Schenn and Couturier are in there as well. We'll see what happens as it seems they'll lose Carle.

The Sens are basically riding Spezza, not much different from the Flyers and Giroux.

you mean Foligno? He's had so many years to prove he's a top 6 guy and has still yet to establish himself there.

Spezza would be a huge hit and the Sens probably don't make the playoffs without him but they still have other they can lean on. Karlsson being the front of the group. Anderson can also carry the ball for a bit.

Philly, Giroux goes down and they are a lotto pick.

945 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 am

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
I think the only team you could argue got worse are the Devils (that's if Parise leaves). I'd put the Flyers in that group too (minus Jagr and Carle) but Bryzy can't be as bad as he was last year, can he?

Everyone else in the East pretty much stayed the same, imo.

946 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 am

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

you mean Foligno? He's had so many years to prove he's a top 6 guy and has still yet to establish himself there.

Spezza would be a huge hit and the Sens probably don't make the playoffs without him but they still have other they can lean on. Karlsson being the front of the group. Anderson can also carry the ball for a bit.

Philly, Giroux goes down and they are a lotto pick.

Voracek is a legitimate 2nd line forward as his 4 seasons int he NHL have been 38, 50, 46, 49 points. He would have been 5th on the team in scoring if you'd have put him on the Sens (the exact same place Foligno was oddly enough).

You're take on the Flyers is laughable as well, you're underrating a handful of their players. The first guy that comes to mind is Daniel Briere who could easily carry the load for a bit with the depth they have in Philly.

947 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yay, Parise and Suter will be old news and the rest of the frenzy can continue.

948 Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Yay, Parise and Suter will be old news and the rest of the frenzy can continue.

Funny how the perfect-in-every-way Wings are so desperate to buy a replacement for Lidstrom. What happened to all their awesome late-round picks? Laugh1 Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum