POLL: Dumb or Dumber Vote_lcap220%POLL: Dumb or Dumber Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Which GM is the current WORST GM of the league?

Sather, the tool who signed Gomez to a 7.3 million, 5 year contract, or the Redden 6 year, 39, Drury 7.5? Roszival 5? And most recently...the greatest of the great The Boogey Man for 1.65 ( Ahhhhh! )

McInlith? Who the Cuss is that man?

vs

Sutter who's decimated his team by making boneheaded trades (Kotalik for Jokinen), (1st Round Pick for Jokinen), Phaneuf (although that's a tough one). Then having to buy out the Rangers rubbish in Kotalik, actually make an effort to go out and sign Ollie Jokinen for 3 million dollars if you please! Laughing3

Prospects cupboard....bad...Stajan sickly overpaid, White with no contract. Bouwmeester sucking...

2POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
sather he has made more dumb moves and somehow no one seems to care in new york so the stupidity will continue

3POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Clearly Sutter, name one move of his that has worked.

Sather makes mistakes but he also manages to fix some of them. He signs Gomez to a terrible contract (looks worse now than the day it was signed) but manages to deal him to Montreal without having to take on a lot of salary AND getting promising Dman in McDonough. He then signs Kotalik to a god-awful contract but find an idiot who not only takes Kotalik and Higgins but sends a prospect and an expiring contract in Jokinen back.

Sutter is like an Edmonton spy, sent in to destroy the competition. I have no other reasonable explanation for Sutter's moves.

4POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Basically Sather has gone senile. There's no other explanations for the stupid moves he's made - ESPECIALLY not in the internet age where he should have known Redden sucked arse and that a penny over 4 million was robbery.

And this year? Couldn't he have traded down from 10 and had this McCinlith guy or whatever and a 2nd? Unreal how Cussing dumb that was.

Who gives Boogard 1.65? What year are we in, 2006?

5POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
RobbyJ wrote:Clearly Sutter, name one move of his that has worked.

Sather makes mistakes but he also manages to fix some of them. He signs Gomez to a terrible contract (looks worse now than the day it was signed) but manages to deal him to Montreal without having to take on a lot of salary AND getting promising Dman in McDonough. He then signs Kotalik to a god-awful contract but find an idiot who not only takes Kotalik and Higgins but sends a prospect and an expiring contract in Jokinen back.

Sutter is like an Edmonton spy, sent in to destroy the competition. I have no other reasonable explanation for Sutter's moves.

Laughing3 Jokinengate is the strangest, most Cussed up thing I've ever seen. What a complete and utter cluster Cuss.

6POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Drury, Redden, Roszisval, Gomez, > Jokinen, Tanguay, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester

And by > I don't mean greater in a good way, but a greater atrocity.

Drury, Gomez and Redden were awful deals - like franchise altering awful. Jokinen and Tanguay don't even combine for one of those guys alone. And while I think Calgary is absolutely screwed over right now, the Rangers are just a mess. I have no idea how they manage to be cap compliant year after year.

7POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:Drury, Redden, Roszisval, Gomez, > Jokinen, Tanguay, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester

And by > I don't mean greater in a good way, but a greater atrocity.

Drury, Gomez and Redden were awful deals - like franchise altering awful. Jokinen and Tanguay don't even combine for one of those guys alone. And while I think Calgary is absolutely screwed over right now, the Rangers are just a mess. I have no idea how they manage to be cap compliant year after year.
wait until staal and del zotto want money.

8POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
I'm going to say Sutter. No one trades away a first rounder (Gormley) for Jokinen, then realizes how terrible Jokinen is, then trades him for some scraps from Sather, and then re-signs the same guy!!!!

I'm waiting for Jarome Iginla to want out of Calgary soon.

9POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Now that I know the numbers, I like the CGY signings a lot more. Both for under $5 million? That's not bad.

10POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
honestly, did anyone think jay bo was gonna suck the big one? i sure didn't. i think he turns it around anyway. the rest of that team..... meh

11POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Gohan wrote:Now that I know the numbers, I like the CGY signings a lot more. Both for under $5 million? That's not bad.

yeah except its also costing them a buyout of Kotalik. Plus, he's terrible in the room! Why else did Phoenix and Calgary get rid of him in the first place?

12POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:
Gohan wrote:Now that I know the numbers, I like the CGY signings a lot more. Both for under $5 million? That's not bad.

yeah except its also costing them a buyout of Kotalik. Plus, he's terrible in the room! Why else did Phoenix and Calgary get rid of him in the first place?

And Florida, and The Islanders, and the Kings.....

13POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Then why did Calgary take him back? Surely if he was a real problem Iginla would have spoken up and they would not have brought him back against their captain's wishes.

14POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 pm

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:Then why did Calgary take him back? Surely if he was a real problem Iginla would have spoken up and they would not have brought him back against their captain's wishes.

Or perhaps Sutter realized that he was going to miss the boat and be stuck with the same dreadful offence he had to end last year.

Aside from the fact that there were off ice problems with Jokinen in the dressing room, the on ice experiment failed, quite miserably.

This and the Tanguay signing just reek of desparation on Sutter's part. He knows he's under the gun to get that team back in the playoffs. He should have been fired before last season.

15POLL: Dumb or Dumber Empty Re: POLL: Dumb or Dumber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
It's a tough one. While Sather handed out boneheaded contracts and handcuffed the Rangers for years he at least got rid of Gomez, Kotalik and got Gaborik.

Sutter is just spinning his wheels. Acquiring Jokinen for that draft pick, letting Cammaleri go, Boumeester flopping, trading Phaneuf, signing Stajan, re-acquiring Jokinen and Tanguay. I can't really think of any positives he did except maybe acquiring Rene Bourque.

I have no idea what he's doing over there and I don't think he does either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum